Sneaker Thread

923,645 Views | 14426 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by MW03
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
^I still love these so hard. Absolute gamechanger when they dropped. What a time 2015 was.
CFTXAG10
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

^I still love these so hard. Absolute gamechanger when they dropped. What a time 2015 was.
Amen. I tried like hell to hit em back then and could not so this hit meant a little more
jeffk
AG
nm
StinkyPinky
AG
Big fan of the retro '77 blazer high tops in brown.

https://static.nike.com/a/images/t_PDP_1728_v1/f_auto,b_rgb:f5f5f5/a26d5cbe-8787-4f5b-9fab-22afce51b7c6/blazer-mid-77-premium-mens-shoes-9bXxQk.png
StillNotAnAggie
Mail call. Sadly none of these are mine. Wife may have went a little overboard.

CFTXAG10
AG
I have the AF1 Mid Version of the "Venice" colorway. The materials are extra buttery! Slick looking shoe. Love it on that AJ1
Sea Speed
AG
Mail call here. I'm actually surprised how much I like these in hand.
MW03
AG
Damn, those CMFTs are sooo good.
MW03
AG
Sea Speed said:

Mail call here. I'm actually surprised how much I like these in hand.

Pretty nice shoe. Life's too short to wear boring sneakers.
Sea Speed
AG
You can't tell from the photo but the frey leather has texture and the blue is more like suede. Which makes it much more interesting than just standard leather. And it is definitely prime for a lace swap.
WES2006AG
AG
Nice details on that shoe, and you are right they didn't come out in the first pic.
boogieman
AG
Your L has been pushed back to Nov 19

Hopefully the delay is to make more pairs.

CFTXAG10
AG
10AM SNKRS App

MW03
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

10AM SNKRS App

Prediction:

Brotherhood 1s
Heritage 1s
Panda Dunks
Green Bean 5s
Womens lows
Some random 12
MW03
AG
NM, they loaded

Pine Green 3s
Cardinal Red 3s
Crimson 4s
Green Bean 5s
Racer Blue 5s
Lunar Low 5s
Sea Speed
AG
Meh to reserve drop. Nothing i absolutely must have. Gonna pass on the Cortez too.
StillNotAnAggie
MW03 said:

NM, they loaded

Pine Green 3s
Cardinal Red 3s
Crimson 4s
Green Bean 5s
Racer Blue 5s
Lunar Low 5s

Nah...
StringerBell
AG
do i want the red 3s
Wheatables02
AG
do I want the crimson 4s?
CFTXAG10
AG
MW03 said:

NM, they loaded

Pine Green 3s
Cardinal Red 3s
Crimson 4s
Green Bean 5s
Racer Blue 5s
Lunar Low 5s
The stock was pretty rough too other than the green bean and racer blue. Nike loves to create hype for no reason.
Prophet00
AG
Mail call. I really like the look of these.
MW03
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

MW03 said:

NM, they loaded

Pine Green 3s
Cardinal Red 3s
Crimson 4s
Green Bean 5s
Racer Blue 5s
Lunar Low 5s
The stock was pretty rough too other than the green bean and racer blue. Nike loves to create hype for no reason.

The market is pretty interesting. When pandemic first hit, I was basically buying everything. I'm not sure if that was because of boredom or how I was coping with lockdown or what. I've gradually phased out of that and been a lot more discerning recently, opting to spend money on the secondary market for shoes I really want but missed as opposed to buying bulk shows I liked well enough. Or getting lucky and hooked up like you did for me with the infared 4s. Those were a must, but I feel like the musts are fewer and farther between these days.

Reason I bring that up is because I remember wanting the cardinal 3s the first time around pretty bad and taking the L. This time around, I didn't even enter. I still need a pair of 3s for my collection, but these just didn't scratch my itch this time around.

Applying that to the sneaker market at large, I wonder how many people were collecting in earnest like I was 2 years ago that have kind of stopped specifically because the boredom has kind of stopped. I am sure inflation and market saturation has a lot to do with it as well, but for me it's more of a psychological change over the last 24 months when it comes to buying shoes I like but I'm not totally crazy for.

Sidebar:
What do yall do with shoes that you've moved on from, that still have some life left, but that aren't hyped? For example, I have a couple of pairs of AF1s that I don't wear and I'm running out of room. Is there a market for this stuff on ebay at like a $40 price point, or is it just better to donate them?
CFTXAG10
AG
Agree with much of what you said. I also think it became a hobby for many due to the market for resell. Many here have commented that some of the shoes that are sitting would be sold out in seconds just a handful of months ago. I would imagine its a mixture of non-hyped releases, inflation, and resellers not taking on as much risk. Look at the Nike Union Cortez collab. StockX pairs going in the low 90's on the light smoke colorway when it retails for $130. The sneaker market was due for a correction.

On the sidebar question - I have had luck selling some used pairs on GOAT if there is a market for them, but even that has slowed significantly of late
BowSowy
AG
Anecdotally, 6 months ago it seemed like there was always a handful of different people going after every decent drop on SNKRS. And now it seems like you only see that much post activity for the most hyped releases.
MBAR
AG
Prophet00 said:

There are fire.
David_Puddy
AG
Prophet00 said:

Those are badass......2 of my favorite colors on a shoe. No website has my size in those in stock unfortunately, not even secondary
David_Puddy
AG
Ugh if they would've just kept the outside silhouette all the way around these would be fire. Instead they look like bowling shoes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChFwmHDu_Tp/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
concac
AG
MW03 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

MW03 said:

NM, they loaded

Pine Green 3s
Cardinal Red 3s
Crimson 4s
Green Bean 5s
Racer Blue 5s
Lunar Low 5s

The market is pretty interesting. When pandemic first hit, I was basically buying everything. I'm not sure if that was because of boredom or how I was coping with lockdown or what. I've gradually phased out of that and been a lot more discerning recently, opting to spend money on the secondary market for shoes I really want but missed as opposed to buying bulk shows I liked well enough. Or getting lucky and hooked up like you did for me with the infared 4s. Those were a must, but I feel like the musts are fewer and farther between these days.

Reason I bring that up is because I remember wanting the cardinal 3s the first time around pretty bad and taking the L. This time around, I didn't even enter. I still need a pair of 3s for my collection, but these just didn't scratch my itch this time around.

Applying that to the sneaker market at large, I wonder how many people were collecting in earnest like I was 2 years ago that have kind of stopped specifically because the boredom has kind of stopped. I am sure inflation and market saturation has a lot to do with it as well, but for me it's more of a psychological change over the last 24 months when it comes to buying shoes I like but I'm not totally crazy for.

Sidebar:
What do yall do with shoes that you've moved on from, that still have some life left, but that aren't hyped? For example, I have a couple of pairs of AF1s that I don't wear and I'm running out of room. Is there a market for this stuff on ebay at like a $40 price point, or is it just better to donate them?
I've pretty much gotten out of the sneaker game. I still check this thread once in a while to see what's going on but other than trying for the super-hyped sneakers like the Travis Scotts, I've been on the sidelines. I got enough shoes to last me several years.

Shoes that I hardly wear anymore, I give them to my nephews.
WES2006AG
AG
MW03 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

MW03 said:

NM, they loaded

Pine Green 3s
Cardinal Red 3s
Crimson 4s
Green Bean 5s
Racer Blue 5s
Lunar Low 5s

Sidebar:
I was pretty new to sneakers other than non-hyped Ultra Boost when the pandemic started so I haven't really seen a market where shoes release and you can just buy them normally. I can say I have a couple of pair that I bought last year mainly because of the FOMO and wouldn't buy them if they dropped today.

At this point I am only entering draws for shoes that I know I really want to wear, especially with secondary prices cratering lately.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Penny draw in 10.
StillNotAnAggie
Panda Dunk Low on Nike if anyone doesn't have them yet (me).
Enzo The Baker
AG
L
K Bo
AG
Hit on the Penny 1's! The 12yo in me is pumped!
jeffk
AG
Has attaching images always been a subscriber-only feature or did that change recently?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Missed on the Penny's as expected.
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.