Sneaker Thread

926,504 Views | 14439 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by BowSowy
aznaggiegirl07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mail call!

Love the look of the shoe and the materials. The color are more vibrant in person. I feel like the 5M and the 5Y fit a little different. The 5M fit a little larger, but not something I would return the shoes for.
Enzo The Baker
AG
These are amazing. I would say they are my favorite pair of shoes now. The details from the wood, to the leather tongue to the ducks. Add that to the fact it's a Korean collab….chef's kiss.

aznaggiegirl07
AG
What the heck is up with this filtering system
Teddy Perkins
AG
Happy Sneaker Sunday
Enzo The Baker
AG
Really digging these ACG lowcate shoes for a good looking, light hiking sneaker. Releasing on snkrs on 6/25.

Sea Speed
AG
Off to work to try out the ultraboosts.
jeffk
AG
Are you Tom Selleck?
SquirrellyDan
AG
Sea Speed said:

Off to work to try out the ultraboosts.

Are your feet on the pedals? Can we get some more pictures? Can I have your job?
BowSowy
AG
White or black laces?

SquirrellyDan
AG
BowSowy said:

White or black laces?

Both look great, but I think the white laces look cleaner.
cmk10
AG
White.
c-jags
i don't know if new balance nerds are allowed in here. they seemed to be frowned upon by the general sneaker community.

i recently acquired some dirty but not worn much suede NB 737s and reshoevn8d them and they came out pristine.

my son has been leading VBSs for the last two weeks and when he got home last night and saw them, he geeked out and said he thought they were awesome and he wanted a pair.

it's a weird world where my teenager is excited about grey Dad new balances.

MW03
AG
c-jags said:

i don't know if new balance nerds are allowed in here. they seemed to be frowned upon by the general sneaker community.

i recently acquired some dirty but not worn much suede NB 737s and reshoevn8d them and they came out pristine.

my son has been leading VBSs for the last two weeks and when he got home last night and saw them, he geeked out and said he thought they were awesome and he wanted a pair.

it's a weird world where my teenager is excited about grey Dad new balances.

Good news. You're back en vogue. New Balances are bigger than ever.
BowSowy
AG
I don't necessarily hate New Balance shoes. In fact, there are a bunch that I think look good. But a lot of them look like old man shoes, to me. Especially the 550s
c-jags
BowSowy said:

I don't necessarily hate New Balance shoes. In fact, there are a bunch that I think look good. But a lot of them look like old man shoes, to me. Especially the 550s
yeah. the 550s and 990s are two i can't get behind at all, being ironic or not .

my wife can tolerate my NB 500, 373, and 210s but any time i've seen a pair of the white 990s and picked them up in a store she gets pretty pissed
Goldie Wilson
NB 574 gang checking in
Matsui
AG
Where do you all recommend selling AF1 or Jordan mids? I posted them in this thread, but didn't get any hits. They aren't scare shoes or anything. I just bought them and haven't worn them and I can't return them to Nike as they are past the return date. eBay? Stockx?
concac
AG
BowSowy said:

Was wearing the NB 550 last week and a high school kid complimented me on my choice of kicks. I'm a cool kid now.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Regardless of everyone's thoughts on styling, I can safely and confidently say that no other major sneaker manufacturer uses better quality materials and materials assembly practices than New Balance. Butter.
CFTXAG10
AG
Matsui said:

Where do you all recommend selling AF1 or Jordan mids? I posted them in this thread, but didn't get any hits. They aren't scare shoes or anything. I just bought them and haven't worn them and I can't return them to Nike as they are past the return date. eBay? Stockx?
StockX and GOAT are good places to offload IF you can break even after fees, part of that fee is covering the cost to ship (they give you a prepaid label to drop off). StockX will Venmo you after authenticity is verified. GOAT will Paypal you.

eBay is good but make sure you price according to what you want your return to be. 8% fee on athletic shoes that have a starting listing price over $100. Plus the cost to ship to an authenticator, usually in Vegas or NY (IME). Cost has been anywhere between $15-$20 using UPS Ground.

Just running a basic example here:

StockX - List at $150
10% transaction fee = 15.00
3% payment processing fee = 4.50
Total Payout = $131.50

eBay - List at $150
8% final value fee - $12
cost to ship - $17.50 (just chose the middle ground)
Total Payout = $120.50

Another option, although I tend to loathe it, would be to list on Facebook Marketplace or OfferUp

c-jags
RealTalk said:

BowSowy said:

Was wearing the NB 550 last week and a high school kid complimented me on my choice of kicks. I'm a cool kid now.
i run a good bit and have dropped plenty of coin on 1080s, 880s, and 680s over the years and he always gave me grief about not just wearing Nikes (nike makes very few good running shoes) and sticking with the old man brand.

my son just bought 237s with his own money which was pretty hilarious. combine that with the fact that he really liked these GRAY 737s and i've officially won him over. he also just asked for chacos.
Matsui
AG
Awesome. Thank you for the detailed write up!
fig96
AG
It's funny how personal running shoes are, I've tried most everything and always come back to Nikes.

I'm just not feeling most of the NBs no matter what the youths are wearing these days. Might try a pair of their cleats or newer running shoes sometime though.
jeffk
AG
I wore some NB soccer cleats my last year coaching. Definitely quality craftsmanship, but they fit a bit different than adidas and Nike, so try on a pair before you buy.
MW03
AG
I'm a 574 guy mostly, but I think the best wearing shoes Ive ever had where the NB Zante "sweatshirt". I still love those shoes and will wear them until the sole separates.

Wheatables02
AG
I'm currently 26 miles from Northpark mall and it won't let me reserve the jordan 4 infrared on snkrs. Dumb
Teddy Perkins
AG
MW03
AG
Anyone not interested in the infared 4s want to try for a pair of 12s for your boy over here?
WES2006AG
AG
Kanye is such a child and the Adidas version looks better than the Yeezy Slides.
russaggie
AG
MW03 said:

Anyone not interested in the infared 4s want to try for a pair of 12s for your boy over here?

I got lucky and got the EA at Finish Line today so I will push my luck and give it a shot for you.
fig96
AG
Good to know, thanks.
Wheatables02
AG
White and blue SB ishod wair's are now $60 on Nike.com
K Bo
AG
here for my L's on the 4's and the 12 G's
SquirrellyDan
AG
K Bo said:

where are the 12 g's?
K Bo
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

K Bo said:

where are the 12 g's?
Nike App
First Page Last Page
Page 204 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.