Sneaker Thread

925,917 Views | 14435 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by MBAR
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would think any skate deck shoe would work for you. Really anything with a "cupped sole" like what you see in OG jordans. I'd think most Nike SBs would work if you want something different. Blazer, ishod, whatever.

I love the look of skate shoes, so off the beaten path, Nike SB Bruin React or SB Force would be a cool start.

https://thepremierstore.com/products/bruin-react-1

Sea Speed
AG
I really like the look of that first one but feel like there may be too much padding. I'm going to investigate further. Thanks.
powerbelly
AG
I liked powerlifting in football turf shoes or vans. I wanted a thin hard sole.
Sea Speed
AG
Yea thats what I've always had but kind of tempted to switch to the blazer or something just due to aesthetics. Wasnhoping other folks had some experience.
powerbelly
AG
If they fit your feet they should work great for lifting.
aznaggiegirl07
jbanda
AG
I need an elevated heel and rock solid sole for snatch and C&J (and all manner of squats). I love the Romaleo 4. I'd never deadlift in them tho.

cmk10
AG
I think you need more paper towels...
Sea Speed
AG
Yea I dont do any powerlifting so I've stayed away from the specialty shoes like that, although i was close to trying some out last year when I was on a pretty serious tear in the gym.
Buzzy
Sea Speed said:

Yea I dont do any powerlifting so I've stayed away from the specialty shoes like that, although i was close to trying some out last year when I was on a pretty serious tear in the gym.
Showed up two consecutive days
Wild West Pimp Style
Sea Speed
AG
Lol no, finally made it past 1000 lbs between bench/dl/squat and was doing pretty well with everything, including my schedule.
jbanda
AG
I have a 9yo, a 7yo, and a 1yo puppy. That's about a weeks worth of paper towels!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Ended up winning a bid for the green/grey won angs. Gonna sit a couple of plays out for a bit.
WES2006AG
AG
Mail call. Decided not to wait to take my L on these and they were pretty reasonably priced for being early. Materials are really nice and the cracked leather is pretty subtle.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Ended up winning a bid for the green/grey won angs. Gonna sit a couple of plays out for a bit.

I put in for those too but did not get them. StockX was super high for my size...
MW03
AG
WES2006AG said:

Mail call. Decided not to wait to take my L on these and they were pretty reasonably priced for being early. Materials are really nice and the cracked leather is pretty subtle.

Super fresh pair...
jeffk
AG
How does buying off of the NikeCraft site work?

powerbelly
AG
I need to know. My boring ass needs those shoes
WES2006AG
AG
No idea, but I expect it to feel a lot like taking a SNKRS L.
jeffk
AG
I like to peep at previous Sachs collabs every once in a while.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Hi, will you guys do me a huge favor? Can y'all go in a size small for me please on 6/10?!?!?
David_Puddy
AG
David_Puddy said:

MW03 said:

Those all came from LaceLab. I buy these in 54" for non-SB dunks.

https://www.lacelab.com/collections/nike-dunk-replacement-shoelaces

I feel like they have the same material quality as the OG dunk laces. I was on a mission to clear out all the "traditional" laces from my dunk collection, and it's like $5 a pair but you get free shipping at $25. Hence 5 pairs of laces, ha.

54" is perfect if you like to do the cross-hatch in the top eyelets. If you don't do that, or if you try to hang the laces, I think 45" would work better.

Slickies just released their "8mm tubular laces" which might work even better. The LaceLab collection is about 1mm to thin, but it's close enough for my purposes.

https://www.slickieslaces.com/collections/new-products/products/dunk-low-laces-8mm-tubular-flat

Thanks! Looking for a lace swap on a few of my lows, especially the UNC lows. I'm thinking the gold would look awesome on them.

Totally forgot I had these….I think I've found my lace swap. For now at least

BowSowy
AG
jeffk said:

I like to peep at previous Sachs collabs every once in a while.

I'm wondering if they're going to release a lot of these and disappoint all the people looking to make big $$$. IIRC, those mars yards were super, super limited releases. I think the first one was only given to people who attended a space camp or something?
jbanda
AG
HST! Steel toe Reebok edition. I usually wear my steel toe redwing pecos to work but they're about to be resoled.

Sea Speed
AG
Red wing has a line of what I call office safety toe shoes that are extremely comfortable. I've got a pair and highly recommend them.

https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/mens/safety-toe/Zero-G-Lite-06716.html?cgid=mens-work-safety-toe
David_Puddy
AG
Not sure why it keeps flagging an image of my UNC lace swap….trying again

jbanda
AG
I almost went with the high tops, but chickened out.
Matsui
AG
I'm selling a couple
Of pairs I just haven't worn. I'll sell them at my cost plus shipping

Both size 8.5 mens / 10 womens
Never worn
Text me 210 two five nine 3530
$120 plus shipping for the Air Force ones and $130 plus shipping for the Jordan mids. Both prices less than stockx

boogieman
AG
Sea Speed said:

Red wing has a line of what I call office safety toe shoes that are extremely comfortable. I've got a pair and highly recommend them.

https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/mens/safety-toe/Zero-G-Lite-06716.html?cgid=mens-work-safety-toe
Yup. I have the Chucka style. They're great, especially on hard surfaces.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Looks like a 9am drop on Nikecraft according to NikeNYC.

SquirrellyDan
AG
Is this going to be a limited release or are they actually producing these in big numbers? What's the hype all about and why does it get its own web site? Just curious.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I haven't seen anything in quantity yet. I think it's a good looking sneaker regardless. A collab at that price point makes it enticing too.

Edit: Great marketing. Took a page out of VW's 'Lemon' campaign.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
My body is ready (for this L).
Sea Speed
AG
Airport flex on sneaker Friday with my oldest
concac
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Is this going to be a limited release or are they actually producing these in big numbers? What's the hype all about and why does it get its own web site? Just curious.
Look up Toms Sachs Mars Yard and check how much they're going for on secondary.
First Page Last Page
Page 201 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.