Sneaker Thread

926,486 Views | 14439 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by BowSowy
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RickSawyer said:

MW03 said:

I got obsessed with iron rangers and boots in that style for a while
I know... next thing you know you are looking for vintage engineering boots on a website all in japanese and you begin to really rethink who you are.... its a deep whole you can fall down haha

This just triggered some horrible flashbacks from 2008-2011. Premium boots and Japanese selvedge had a ninja and his boys in an absolute chokehold back then.
jeffk
AG
So how does Dunk Day work? Any special events or just restocks?
MW03
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

RickSawyer said:

MW03 said:

I got obsessed with iron rangers and boots in that style for a while
I know... next thing you know you are looking for vintage engineering boots on a website all in japanese and you begin to really rethink who you are.... its a deep whole you can fall down haha

This just triggered some horrible flashbacks from 2008-2011. Premium boots and Japanese selvedge had a ninja and his boys in an absolute chokehold back then.

The hunt for true selvedge denim was indeed a thing. That fad kind of flushed, which is surprising because who doesn't enjoy getting up from dinner to realize that you left an indigo dye ass print on whatever you had been sitting on, or slowly watching the your nailbeds turn baby blue.
MW03
AG
jeffk said:

So how does Dunk Day work? Any special events or just restocks?
I believe it will be on Nike.com as FCFS
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
My dawg MW03. A man of taste. What a time that was.
K Bo
AG
Indigo is so sick
RickSawyer
AG
Yeah, KBo and I never really grew out of the selvedge denim fad unfortunately.
David_Puddy
AG
Take it to the clothing thread dudes!
jah003
S
jeffk said:

So how does Dunk Day work?

1. Get really excited and park yourself in front of your computer or phone at least 30 minutes early.
2. Curse, throw things, break things.
3. Buy nothing.
cmk10
AG
Pretty standard for any drop…
jeffk
AG
Sounds glorious. Can't wait!
WES2006AG
AG
At least with the SNKRS draws they are low effort. Hopefully they will let me take my L's quickly.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Dunk High Pandas drop in 15 mins on Nike of anyone interested. For men and women.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Dunk High Pandas drop in 15 mins on Nike of anyone interested. For men and women.
Thanks for the heads up. Thought these were released with all the other dunks on 2/2.
tfunk02
AG
I've been wanting some Pandas, so I am in for the L today and then again on 2/2.
cmk10
AG
L taken...
powerbelly
AG
L
WES2006AG
AG
Nike kept telling me there was a problem with my payment so I guess that is an L.

That's fine, I would have just tried to flip these for some Low's anyways.
jeffk
AG
Problem with my payment as well.
russaggie
AG
L's for me and the kiddo.
SquirrellyDan
AG
How do you know if you got an L? Inbox? I've received nothing yet so I guess that's good. (on the website, not the app)
Enzo The Baker
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

How do you know if you got an L? Inbox? I've received nothing yet so I guess that's good. (on the website, not the app)
I'd consider this a tie. Well done.
tfunk02
AG
L for me too. Had issues with payment, switched to Apple pay, tried again, and took the L.
russaggie
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

I would log in and check under the "orders" tab. If you won you will have an order placed.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
This is the way.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
so I think i'm going o sell the Jordan 4's I just got...

any smart way to sell them for a first time flipper?
RickSawyer
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

so I think i'm going o sell the Jordan 4's I just got...

any smart way to sell them for a first time flipper?
Ebay was the way for a bit but I know they were changing their fee structure, unsure if its changed yet or not. I have sold a few pairs on StockX and they take their lump of flesh from buyer and seller... the sneakermarket subreddit has been okay to me, usually value is a bit under StockX bid but you dont get hit with the fees.

-Rick
David_Puddy
AG
Restocking the cool greys next month
WES2006AG
AG
I've seen speculation that there were really a lot of pairs of these like people originally thought but supply chain problems kept most out of the draws when they originally released.

The restock seems to lend some credibility to that.
Sea Speed
AG
What sucks is the same people will now have a chance to win again so its going to continue to limit those of us who legit want a pair
powerbelly
AG
Sea Speed said:

What sucks is the same people will now have a chance to win again so its going to continue to limit those of us who legit want a pair
This is true for any drop where people only want for resale.
russaggie
AG
Sea Speed said:

Sometimes SNKRS will not allow the same person to get a second pair. Depending on how they do it. If you purchased a pair and then they do a re-stock it keeps record of you having previously bought and won't let you get another pair.
Sea Speed
AG
If it wasn't for the supply chain issues as speculated on previously, there would be the same number of entries for a larger number of shoes. Now there is a potential for everyone, including previous winners, to enter a second time for what was supposed to be a one time drop.

Again, this only makes sense if these were supposed to all be released at the same time.
Sea Speed
AG
Ok awesome well then that is good news.
David_Puddy
AG
Worst case, if you really want them and don't win the 2nd time around, the resell value should be a lot more reasonable with more pairs on the market
First Page Last Page
Page 116 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.