Sneaker Thread

926,487 Views | 14439 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by BowSowy
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've pretty much converted over to sneakers every day, with the exception of days when I'm meeting clients. I think the trick is you have to style yourself a little more so it's clear that it was an intentional shoe choice. I also keep everything neat and clean (or A1 as the kids say).

I think that pair you posted works with chinos, brown or blue for sure. If you are in navy or blue, I think these play

For charcoal and gray, I wear these when I don't care as much, and I've gone with these as well.

I have been looking at adding either the .01 series or these low blazers (below) too

WES2006AG
AG

I've been wearing Cole Haan dress shoes for a while. These are my latest and I like that they are a leather wingtip but have an athletic sole.
MW03
AG
not sneaker related, but Hari Mari and Nokona chukkas are very solid

CFTXAG10
AG
The zerogrand line is awesome for when I have to wear a dress shoe
MW03
AG
WES2006AG said:

I've been wearing Cole Haan dress shoes for a while. These are my latest and I like that they are a leather wingtip but have an athletic sole.

I think Nike bought Cole Haan a while back, and they make some seriously comfortable "dress shoes". They aren't lifetime shoes you can retread or anything, but if you can find them on sale, they are solid buy. I have some very similar these these that are arguably the most comfortable shoes I own.

K Bo
AG
Those tan Hari Mari X Nokona Tan are pretty sick for shukkas.

WES, I'll have to revisit the Cole Haan grand line, I'm looking for something more sneaker-ish, though.

These are pretty tight and would look really nice after some patina but don't love that they're made to order

For reference, I'm typically in khaki chinos.

cmk10
AG
just find some extra coins in-between the couch cushions and get the Jordan 1 Mochas...
BowSowy
AG

I'll second those Cole Haan shoes. These are pretty much the only two pairs of dress shoes I wear. Occasionally a pair of boots or Chukkas, but 95% one of those two.
BowSowy
AG
As far as sneakers go, these would be fantasy land but I think they'd look great as "dress" sneakers. Jordan 1 High React in Brown. Can't hardly find any sizes on resell, though.

Teddy Perkins
AG

These could play. https://stockx.com/air-jordan-1-retro-high-wheat
MW03
AG
I wear my white OG AJ 1 lows and stan smiths with khaki chinos all the time for relaxed business casual. Solid color adidas gazelles, too. I think you can pretty much wear what you want with those, depending on how relaxed you are. That react AJ1 you posted is pretty sweet, but you might be looking for something more technical.

Sea Speed
AG
The term A1 comes from Lloyd's of London and their rating of ships and how well they were constructed etc for insurability purposes.

/themoreyouknow.jpeg
Sea Speed
AG
Oh damn if we are talking about dress shoes now im gonna have to post some stuff when I get home.
K Bo
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

I think these are the leader in the clubhouse!
K Bo
AG
Sea Speed said:

Oh damn if we are talking about dress shoes now im gonna have to post some stuff when I get home.
save it for the dress shoe thread!
powerbelly
AG
Sea Speed said:

We haven't seen a dress shoe yet.
MW03
AG
powerbelly said:

Sea Speed said:

Im gonna have to put out the beacon so a friend of mine can come on here talk to you all about welting and the world of bespoke dress shoes.
powerbelly
AG
MW03 said:

powerbelly said:

Sea Speed said:

Im gonna have to put out the beacon some a friend of mine can come on here talk to you all about welting and the world of bespoke dress shoes.
Now we are talking (although I refuse to spend $5k for any shoes)
MW03
AG

I believe that LV ships in EU sizing, so that's a US Men's 12...
cmk10
AG
https://www.flightclub.com/air-jordan-1-retro-low-og-705329-010?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi860_bDQ9QIVNxXUAR2IMQ8DEAQYASABEgIUWfD_BwE

Thoughts on these. Slightly used pair for like 115 on eBay
MW03
AG
Personally, I love the black check on a black shoe, so I think they are super clean. I love OG lows, though. Maybe more than any other shoe, at least when it comes to actually wearing them.
MW03
AG
I actually like the "centre court" in that "cyber monday" colorway quite a lot as well.

MASAXET
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Really want these. May pull the trigger soon
cmk10
AG
Got 'em on eBay just now. 120 all in.

RickSawyer
AG
MW03 said:

powerbelly said:

Sea Speed said:

Im gonna have to put out the beacon so a friend of mine can come on here talk to you all about welting and the world of bespoke dress shoes.
I actually also collect and wear a lot of goodyear welt boots, particularly Pacific Northwest brands like Wesco and Whites and just got some cool new roughout Whites customs in last week that I havent even laced up.
Sea Speed
AG
I want a pair of quoddys. Opposite coast, but they are awesome.
MW03
AG
I got obsessed with iron rangers and boots in that style for a while
RickSawyer
AG
MW03 said:

I got obsessed with iron rangers and boots in that style for a while
I know... next thing you know you are looking for vintage engineering boots on a website all in japanese and you begin to really rethink who you are.... its a deep whole you can fall down haha
Sea Speed
AG
I would be interested in buying a pair of boots like that. What are say the top 5 pairs in yalls opinion?
RickSawyer
AG
Sea Speed said:

I would be interested in buying a pair of boots like that. What are say the top 5 pairs in yalls opinion?

I guess it really just depends on the style you like and the price point you'd like to pay.

As far as brands that I have owned and like: Viberg, Whites, Wesco are my favorites. Brands I'd like to own but havent purchased yet: Rolling Dub Trio, John Lofgren and Roll Club.

Perhaps if someone starts a Goodyear Welted Boots thread I will share some of my pairs on there. Reddit has a decent community too r/goodyearwelt

Sea Speed
AG
I was talking about the iron ranger style. I'll check those brands out. Thanks!
MW03
AG
Lofgren was one of the ones I was chasing, but those things are like $900. I realize the irony in saying that in a thread dedicated to overly expensive sneakers, especially considering that a pair of well-kept horween leather boots will literally last your lifetime and then some, but I digress.
RickSawyer
AG
MW03 said:

Lofgren was one of the ones I was chasing, but those things are like $900. I realize the irony in saying that in a thread dedicated to overly expensive sneakers, especially considering that a pair of well-kept horween leather boots will literally last your lifetime and then some, but I digress.
Oh I know and I am well aware of the mental gymnastics that take place to justify $900+ boots or sneakers... It doesnt really make sense anyway you slice it but it sure is fun and satisfying.
RickSawyer
AG
Sea Speed said:

I was talking about the iron ranger style. I'll check those brands out. Thanks!
Can't go wrong with the OG, Redwing!
MW03
AG
Back on sneakers, I think Nike was monitoring this thread and my comments on Black/Black/White colorways

First Page Last Page
Page 115 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.