Sneaker Thread

927,148 Views | 14441 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by David_Puddy
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jeffk said:

I need these.

Big Professor Jeffk vibes there.
jeffk
AG
Exactly. Trying to raise my student eval scores.
MW03
AG

Luka sporting the smoke grey/red lows

MW03
AG
Lots of niceness on the way

https://houseofheat.co/jordan/clot-air-jordan-1-mid-dm9652-100-release-date-2022/

Sea Speed
AG
That second pair
Enzo The Baker
AG
Crater Mids Round 2.
MW03
AG
Alternate crater colorway. The UNC in the inside collar is a really nice touch.

I'm really digging the first pair, dubbed the "inside out". Really interesting ah the way around. Posted the third because I've been banging the drum for more cmft pairs for a while. And the last... I'm a sucker for SB dunks and paisley.
Sea Speed
AG
Ok i think I'm going to bite the bullet on reps. I need the grey fog dunks. I know several here have gone that route but I know nothing of it. Can someone point me in the tonight direction or give me a contact? I appreciate it.
BowSowy
AG
Yeah, I really like the Inside Outs. Hope I win them, I don't think I'd pay secondary for them, though.
BowSowy
AG
reddit.com/r/repsneakers

Look at their pinned thread about trusted sellers. Click through each seller to their website, figure out which seller you want for the shoes, and contact them (often through whatsapp). From what I understand, you'll pay up front, and they'll give you the option of seeing pictures of your shoes to accept or reject. If you accept, they will send them to you.

Note: I have not gone through with buying reps. But I was really close to pulling the trigger on a pair, so I did so research.
BowSowy
AG
On that subreddit, you could try searching for the sneakers you want to see other pictures/accounts of the shoes people receive in hand. It'll also give you a good idea about which sellers or which batches you want. Some sellers will have different batches for the same shoe. Generally the more expensive the batch, the truer it is to the retail shoe.
Goldie Wilson
Pretty much everything BowSowy said. Find some recent posts on repsneakers of the shoes you want and go from there
Sea Speed
AG
This dude is on the trusted sellers list and has some awesome stuff to my untrained eye. I'm about to go broke.

https://shopping007.x.yupoo.com/albums?page=1
MW03
AG
Sea Speed said:

This dude is on the trusted sellers list and has some awesome stuff to my untrained eye. I'm about to go broke.

https://shopping007.x.yupoo.com/albums?page=1
A lot of those sample photos look good. I've never bought a rep, but I have gone secondary a couple of times and spent some time learning how to spot fakes.

What I've mostly learned is that reps have gotten really, really good. Spotting fakes a lot of times comes down to things like font sizes and specific typeface stuff on the tags, looking at the insoles, or looking at the stitching inside the shoe under the insole. Obviously, these kinds of things don't matter if you're buying a rep to wear knowing it's a rep.

As for the outside of the shoe where you can actually see problems, here are my takeaways from trying to authenticate my secondary shoes:

(1) Look at the stitching of logos, both on the tongue and on any identifiable design elements. Check the jumpman on a pair of 11s to make certain his hands look right. Check the wings logo on a pair of ones to make certain it's not overly thick or thin. Look at the spacing between the NIKE letters on dunks. Stuff like that. Also, check the actual stitching itself. Are the holes too close together? Is the thread thick enough?

(2) Check distances. Nike will run out some shoes with QC issues, but they are all pretty consistent on the spacing and placement of their design elements. Check the distance between placed logo elements (i.e., the swoosh) compared to mid sole and the collar. Is it too close or too far?

Other than that, it's really hard to spot fakes. I imagine we're nearing a point where these manufacturers are going to start shipping shoes with NFT tags so you know if they are authentic. Of course, then someone will figure out a way to spoof those.
Sea Speed
AG
Yea none of the things you mentioned seem like deal breakers on shoes ill wear regularly. If I cant tell without a full on inspection then its most likely not going to be an issue ever for me. The only thing I care about is if they will fall apart from regular wear.
Teddy Perkins
AG
I'm currently in the middle of putting together a haul of reps via CSSBuy. This is where you don't use a middleman but instead use an agent (CSSBuy, Sugargoo, WeGoBuy) to buy shoes from shops like Taobao and Weidien. The agent gets the shoes shipped to their warehouse, then whenever you're ready, the agent will ship you a haul with all of your items. If you're buying more than two pairs of shoes, it should (in theory) save you so money on shipping. The below video walks through the process:

Regarding batches, I found this reddit post helpful: https://www.reddit.com/user/poncecatchemall/comments/oofhxc/poncecatchemalls_guide_to_best_rep_batches_to_buy/
MW03
AG
I am a big fan of Weartesters, and their piece on reps from last year is pretty interesting

Scan Man
AG
I went to rep exclusively for this same shoe. Ended up getting the Photon Dust Dunks which were similar... I'll forward the info I got from CMK (I think) earlier.
CFTXAG10
AG
If you ever consider buying a rep as a one time thing or just every now and then I cannot recommend Mr Hou enough. The guy is legit, good shipping and communication.
WES2006AG
AG
Seeing my students in sneakers that resell for more than $1000 always has me wondering if they miraculously hit for retail, are just loaded and can pay secondary, or are wearing reps.

I never ask but I have a feeling it is a combination of all three.
Sea Speed
AG
Wofe just sent me this pic from some good will. I know nothing about it aside from the obvious. They are asking $40.

StringerBell
AG
jordan spizike

you gonna wear em or sell em?

probably worth 40 but not much more

https://stockx.com/jordan-spiz-ike-bordeaux?country=US¤cyCode=USD&size=13&g_network=g&g_productchannel=online&g_adid=244607812448&g_campaign=OD+-+Segment+-+Sneakers+-+Adult+Sizes+-+%28US%29&g_keyword=&g_adtype=pla&g_keywordid=aud-387614171668:pla-424142575347&g_acctid=709-098-4271&g_ifcreative=&gclsrc=aw.ds&g_adgroupid=50672857117&g_productid=c1cf6a4f-b31c-469b-9840-f6baf712cd92&g_merchantid=111829866&g_partition=424142575347&g_campaignid=1032998786&g_ifproduct=product&?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=OD-Segment-Sneakers-AdultSizes-(US)&utm_campaignid=1032998786&content=244607812448&keyword&gclid=CjwKCAiAz--OBhBIEiwAG1rIOpuJaK_sxxwKayVysHPkL2xOlDqQgCLKZAUrrMRLWHySNp--iw1hZRoC8-0QAvD_BwE
Sea Speed
AG
If I tell her to get them I would wear them.
StringerBell
AG
i kind of like em. the purists dont but i think they look pretty good.
powerbelly
AG
WES2006AG said:

Seeing my students in sneakers that resell for more than $1000 always has me wondering if they miraculously hit for retail, are just loaded and can pay secondary, or are wearing reps.

I never ask but I have a feeling it is a combination of all three.
Hopefully not through affirm:

WES2006AG
AG
No kidding. I teach Economics so hopefully I have done enough to convince them that paying 15% on some shoes is a bad idea...
RickSawyer
AG
WES2006AG said:

No kidding. I teach Economics so hopefully I have done enough to convince them that paying 15% on some shoes is a bad idea...

Hey - great real life econs lesson to give your class it sounds like!
jeffk
AG
BUT their parents paying 15% on a pair of shoes...
WES2006AG
AG
jeffk said:

BUT their parents paying 15% on a pair of shoes...
You can't save all of them
K Bo
AG
Mail call. Scooped these as a Christmas present to myself. Not sure if I'm being anal/paranoid but the logo on the back of the left shoe looks slightly off center/crooked. Otherwise the shoes look perfect and everything else is in line with my other 1's.

powerbelly
AG
The left looks a bit off center, but it may just be the angle of the photo.
K Bo
AG
powerbelly said:

The left looks a bit off center, but it may just be the angle of the photo.

That's what I thought, as well, but it's definitely a little off center. I tried to capture it best I could.
WES2006AG
AG
That might bother me a bit too but you are likely the only person who will ever notice.
K Bo
AG
I'm sure that's the case. I doubt if I hadn't been looking over them very closely upon receipt I ever would have even noticed.
Goldie Wilson
What's everyone's preferred selling platform? Looks like Goat has lower fees, but Stockx has more activity? Any others I'm missing?
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.