Sneaker Thread

924,185 Views | 14428 Replies | Last: 49 min ago by vmiaptetr
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The tracking of the whole thing was sketchy.

Aug. 18th - inbound scan Houston
Aug. 19th - 7am - out for delivery
Aug. 19th - 9pm - delivery delayed
Aug. 20th - inbound scan Houston

then pretty much nothing until I called today and they said the scan on the 20th meant the driver brought it back to the warehouse in their Houston (south) location. They called me back 20-30 minutes later and said the package could not be located in their warehouse, and the driver had no knowledge of its whereabouts other than he is sure he scanned it back in. I am waiting to hear back from a supervisor at LSO but I won't hold my breath....
MW03
AG
This is exactly what small claims court is for, btw. I'm not even joking about that.
concac
AG
RealTalk said:

My Sacais were due to be delivered this past Saturday. The delivery status now says "Check back shortly."

Talked to Nike CS rep and said that FedEx is experiencing delays.

Probably just a standard stock response. Hope the shoes didn't get jacked by a FedEx employee.
Whew....just got updated with new delivery date and says it's at FedEx location in St. Louis.
concac
AG
MW03 said:

This is exactly what small claims court is for, btw. I'm not even joking about that.
Can get a refund from Nike so not worth it to take LSO to court. But I guess if you got the time and money, then don't let me convince you otherwise.
MW03
AG
I agree in general. But you can file a petition yourself for minimal money. There's no lawyers or discovery. Settle for $300 and order a replacement pair of GOAT. I doubt LSO spends the money to defend that suit. Enough people do that and LSO will stop shrugging their shoulders are theft.

But yeah, probably not worth the money value of your time unless you're just pissed off.

Sea Speed
AG
Take a page out of Rendered Fat's book and DO IT!
AgfromHOU
AG
You got lucky then. It's not supposed to accept discounts. I tried my teacher discount (not a teacher but work for a district) and it didn't work.
MW03
AG
Pretty nice pair of ASICS gel III's if that's your jam

concac
AG
RealTalk said:

Well, looks better on hand than in pics. Was 50/50 on wear or sell but I'm probably just gonna flex 'em.

Changed my mind. These are going to be listed on StockX.

I just can't convince myself to like the double laces.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
A lot of the shoes on this thread are awesome. A lot more look like the manufacturers have a bet to see how ugly they can make the shoes and still have people buy them for obscene prices.

MW03
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

A lot of the shoes on this thread are awesome. A lot more look like the manufacturers have a bet to see how ugly they can make the shoes and still have people buy them for obscene prices.

Sometimes, it's so thinly veiled that it's damn near literal.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Wow
David_Puddy
AG
My lord those are hideous
CFTXAG10
AG
Those are pretty bad.

Which reminds me, I was watching the Complex shop (great series!) with Pharrell on youtube the other day, and they were talking about some of his collabs. Remembered rocking these bad boys thinking they were the **** back in the day.

StringerBell
AG
ICE CREAMS!
MW03
AG
RealTalk said:

RealTalk said:

Well, looks better on hand than in pics. Was 50/50 on wear or sell but I'm probably just gonna flex 'em.

I was pretty hacked I didn't get EA, but the off-whites were never really my speed. I would have kept them, but I don't think would have worn them very often, if ever. I was caught up in the exclusivity/hypebeast mentality of getting something that was hard to get, as opposed to something I actually liked. Maybe its different for pure collectors that take them as art pieces to display, but I wear every shoe I've bought.

Speaking of, of my personal collection, I don't have but a handful that I would consider worth displaying, and even those I would only display because I like the way they look so much (as opposed to how rare/exclusive they are). But even those stay in boxes in the closet until the go on the feet. My craziness only goes so far as checking the weather report before deciding which ones to pull out, ha.

In another life, I could definitely see myself with a wall display like this:

MW03
AG
Speaking of hypebeasts, look at this home office from reddit

Complete with the supreme gear on the top shelf. Looks cool, though.
Sea Speed
AG
Best Jordan's. Just looked 3s up on stockx and saw the dobthe right things are starting at over $600. After lugging those around for like 7 years and wearing them once or twice i sold them for a pittance. Damn.

Also, people collect/ display under armours?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I know tastes are subjective, but agreed 100% here. Ruined an iconic profile. The double laces and the lazy colorway choices were completely mailed in. Everything he "designs" these days is stale AF in my opinion.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Hater comment incoming, but aside from that column, some of those aren't great. Three pairs of Roshy's and UA's on the top shelf?
concac
AG
MW03 said:

RealTalk said:

RealTalk said:

I was pretty hacked I didn't get EA, but the off-whites were never really my speed. I would have kept them, but I don't think would have worn them very often, if ever. I was caught up in the exclusivity/hypebeast mentality of getting something that was hard to get, as opposed to something I actually liked. Maybe its different for pure collectors that take them as art pieces to display, but I wear every shoe I've bought.

Speaking of, of my personal collection, I don't have but a handful that I would consider worth displaying, and even those I would only display because I like the way they look so much (as opposed to how rare/exclusive they are). But even those stay in boxes in the closet until the go on the feet. My craziness only goes so far as checking the weather report before deciding which ones to pull out, ha.

In another life, I could definitely see myself with a wall display like this:

I'm exactly the same as you. Shoes are meant to be worn, not displayed. I was only wanting to wear the OW Dunks because of the OW hype/brand.
MASAXET
AG
MW03 said:

Pretty nice pair of ASICS gel III's if that's your jam

There are some pretty legit gel III colorways. My wife has a few and I've been thinking of grabbing some too. Never thought I'd be an ASICS guy
MW03
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Hater comment incoming, but aside from that column, some of those aren't great. Three pairs of Roshy's and UA's on the top shelf?

I meant just in the sense of getting the shoes out of the closet, but you're not wrong. If you're going to feature them, then they better be ones worth featuring. My collection of simple color blocked mids would not qualify.
concac
AG
But the shelves look pretty cool, though.
MW03
AG
Looking at that picture, I have never seen a Kobe 9 high top in person, but that is ridiculous looking shoe. I can't imagine trying to wear that in any context. It looks like a wrestling shoe the Ultimate Warrior would sport.

Matsui
AG
Update with shoes in hand

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
I like that.
concac
AG
I personally don't like AF1s but those look real nice.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Sooooo clean.
concac
AG
Who thought that when MW03 started this thread that it would now be at 26 pages?
Sex Panther
AG
RealTalk said:

I personally don't like AF1s but those look real nice.

Same, really like those
Buzzy

Who knew there were so many fans of ugly shoes on TexAgs?

I follow this thread not because I am a sneakerhead like 99% of the posters on this thread, but because it is fun to see people talk about a subject they're passionate about. I can appreciate the fact that there are people on here who can recognize a pair of Js from three designs ago as easily as a fashionista can point out last season's Prada shoes.
StringerBell
AG
jeffk
AG
Sorry about that, Brendan!
Goldie Wilson
I've been lusting after the Travis Scott fragment lows but not willing to pay resale, so thinking about pulling the trigger on some fakes. I'll post the horror if there's any interest in my shame
First Page Last Page
Page 26 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.