Sneaker Thread

924,645 Views | 14433 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by StillNotAnAggie
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sea Speed said:

I need a pair of cool but not streetwear shoes. I wear my damned brooks too much. Watching here.

Not sure what you're into, but of you're looking for something cool and understated, I think these are ultra nice

?v=1621020908
Sea Speed
AG
Mall walker ultras hahaha.

I'm just going to keep my eye on it and see if there are things I like that I don't need to sell a kidney to get.
Matsui
AG
Anyone get the Jordan's yesterday?
MW03
AG
monochrome "Anthracite" coming soon...

MW03
AG
I know I'm a massive dork, but I'm in on these

Sea Speed
AG
Really like these.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I totally want to get those for my 7 year old son.
AgfromHOU
AG
Mainly an adidas guy, and thinking about grabbing these next week

MW03
AG
"Heat-reactive" AJ1 mids available at [url=https://www.shopwss.com/product/aj-1-mid-se-mens/DM7802100?cjevent=e1b8c205e4e111eb803f9b470a1c0e0b]https://www.shopwss.com/product/aj-1-mid-se-mens/DM7802100[/url]

MW03
AG
very clean
Sea Speed
AG
Those look like bufflehead ducks
MW03
AG
very much so. not sure what the bit is. i think they are basically hypercolor shoes.
Sea Speed
AG
Didn't expect anyone on this thread to know what I was talking about. Probably not a lot of crossover between the shoe and duck hunting world.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Sea Speed said:

Didn't expect anyone on this thread to know what I was talking about. Probably not a lot of crossover between the shoe and duck hunting world.

Here.
Sea Speed
AG
2 more than I expected
jeffk
AG
Frickin' hunters thinking they're the only ones who know what ducks are.
MASAXET
AG
MW03 said:

monochrome "Anthracite" coming soon...

Ohhhh, big fan of those. I had to convince myself not to get the gray polka dots that dropped last week, so maybe I'll get in on these
MW03
AG
Sex Panther said:

Those are awesome... I especially like the bottom two. Second to bottom has 11 vibes

Just released on Nike.com

https://www.nike.com/t/jordan-ma2-core-elements-shoe-VfLVbR/CV8122-105

Even gave it the patent leather touch, too. These are really nice, and I would be in if I already didn't have a pair in another color.

For reference, here's the weartesters on them

Sea Speed
AG
Thst strap thing ruins the shoe.
MW03
AG
Sea Speed said:

Thst strap thing ruins the shoe.

You'd think so, but I love the look and wear of the ones I got. And they are legit comfortable, especially compared to retro Js.
MW03
AG
Not trying to spend your money, but the polka dots just restocked on Nike.com if you have non-buyer's remorse, ha
MW03
AG
Niice for the adidas fam. Too bad they are $250.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Sea Speed said:

I need a pair of cool but not streetwear shoes. I wear my damned brooks too much. Watching here.
This is where I slot now. I've aged out of certain shoes, but I'll be dead before I put on a pair of Air Monarchs. May I introduce you to the world of old-milliennial-dad-shoe-but-hypebeast-collabo-kinda shoes.

The only good color of UB21's:

XT-6's for the very advanced beast:

Some Kith x 992's (the very best NB model):

Asics x Awake NY:

I think some of the best aged Nikes are Flyknit Trainers. White is a classic color, shoutout Kanye:

MW03
AG
Quote:

This is where I slot now. I've aged out of certain shoes, but I'll be dead before I put on a pair of Air Monarchs. May I introduce you to the world of old-milliennial-dad-shoe-but-hypebeast-collabo-kinda shoes.

RAGE, RAGE AGAINST THE DYING OF THE LIGHT
MW03
AG
jokes aside, if you want a timeless shoe that you can wear at 14 or 84, adidas is always going to make Stan Smiths and Sambas.
Sea Speed
AG
Sambas just remind me too much of all the skinheads I knew back in my old days. No, not the racist kind.

I almost bought a pair of nice new balance shoes but thought they were too dad ish.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Real old head talk, but there were actually a few of us back in the day on campus that used to buy/trade/sell. One of the guys (Drew) helped start Sneaker Summit here in Houston. Not sure where he is now. There was a small vintage sports gear show off of Texas Ave that used to keep old new stock of Jordans. I'm talking 86-88 II's, III's, and IV's in the dusty boxes. He used to sell them for high because he knew what he had; some old guy. I think I even wrote a story for the Batt about it with another of our friends. This was when SB Dunks were big (the first time around). That was like '05. A million years ago.
Sea Speed
AG
Man dunks were so hot. They made some pretty good colorways. Are they still a thing?
MW03
AG
Sea Speed said:

Man dunks were so hot. They made some pretty good colorways. Are they still a thing?

Probably the hottest right now (along with OG AJ1 highs) and damned impossible to get.

MW03
AG
Speaking of, I love these and am in on trying to win a pair, but not optimistic at all. Have the look of a pair ready to be flipped for $400+.

jeffk
AG
Sea Speed said:

Sambas just remind me too much of all the skinheads I knew back in my old days. No, not the racist kind.

I almost bought a pair of nice new balance shoes but thought they were too dad ish.

Sidebar: what other type of skinheads are there?
WES2006AG
AG
MW03 said:

Niice for the adidas fam. Too bad they are $250.

Had a pair in my cart but changed my mind at the $250 price tag. Will wait for another Ultra Boost 4D collab that isn't forrest green.
Sea Speed
AG
TRADs, SHARPs, folks really in to the oi and old reggae scene. I've known and hung out with plenty of black and brown skinheads. Phil from the Oi band Templars is black. Some of the oldest skins in the houston scene are black.
jeffk
AG
Interesting, thanks for the explanation. Never heard that term used for non-white supremacist groups before.
Sea Speed
AG
Yea to know you would kind to have been in the punk/hardcore scene which is tangential to their scene. When most people say skinhead they DO mean the neo nazi types. Plenty of those racist type dudes would show up back in the day and they would get beaten up pretty much every show they came to. If nothing else they had brass balls for showing their faces.

The reason it is hard to tell the difference between them is because they all wear the same clothes. Boots and braces. Tight acid washed jeans. Bomber jackets. Lonsdale and Fred perry shirts. Its definitely a look.
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.