Sneaker Thread

924,534 Views | 14432 Replies | Last: 46 min ago by MBAR
MASAXET
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MW03 said:

They came out super nice. This is my 2nd "by you" and both pair have been really well made and consistent with the online image from the builder.
Yeah they look awesome - well done! The bottoms really set it off.

Is the base over the toe really cool grey? Because the pic you took looks blueish to me (which looks even better tbh).
MW03
AG
I believe they are all the same grey, but they are all different materials so it's a little different.

The part nearest the midsole (the "mudguard") is standard grey leather.

The next part up runs around the toe and through the swoosh (the "overlay") is some kind of grey faux microsuade.

The toe box itself, tongue, and rear collar (the "base") is a shiny, reflective grey nylon weave.

The part around the airbag (the "midsole wedge") is a grey plastic. That's the same as the part where the laces side/back logo are.

The inner lining is grey felt. Airbag is grey too.

All of these are so-called "smoke grey".

Only things different are the swoosh and midsole, which are both "sail white", and the bottoms (the "outsole") which is translucent blue.
MASAXET
AG
MW03 said:

I believe they are all the same grey, but they are all different materials so it's a little different.

The part nearest the midsole (the "mudguard") is standard grey leather.

The next part up runs around the toe and through the swoosh (the "overlay") is some kind of grey faux microsuade.

The toe box itself, tongue, and rear collar (the "base") is a shiny, reflective grey nylon weave.

The part around the airbag (the "midsole wedge") is a grey plastic. That's the same as the part where the laces side/back logo are.

The inner lining is grey felt. Airbag is grey too.

All of these are so-called "smoke grey".

Only things different are the swoosh and midsole, which are both "sail white", and the bottoms (the "outsole") which is translucent blue.
Got it, and that's what showed up in the link you posted but just checking. Looks legit
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
RealTalk said:

StringerBell said:

Dropping today. The Ls are coming, boys!

curious if y'all actually wear all of these exotics that are posted on this thread. these carolina blues look really cool in the picture above but i saw a dude wearing them at the rangers game last night and they looked like absolute clown shoes. it didn't help that he was late 30s like myself, haha.

maybe i just couldn't pull them off.
MW03
AG
Ha, yeah I wear all of mine, but I don't have any nearly as "loud" as those. I also don't tuck my jeans into the tongue, which I know is sacrilege among the sneakerheads. I lean to the AJ1s mostly because the profile lets even loud color blocking look decent.
concac
AG
I wear them all.

The only pair that I never wore was the Off-White AJ1 UNCs. I sold those for a nice profit.
AgfromHOU
AG
I saw a guy at the Byron Nelson last weekend wearing them and they looked pretty sweet

I definitely couldn't pull them off, but wouldn't stop me from wearing them if I had them
MASAXET
AG
These are amazing
https://instagr.am/p/CPGP9o4D1FX
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
uhhhh. yes.

edit: what in the hell happened to being able to use ellipsis?
Sex Panther
AG
Quote:

curious if y'all actually wear all of these exotics that are posted on this thread. these carolina blues look really cool in the picture above but i saw a dude wearing them at the rangers game last night and they looked like absolute clown shoes. it didn't help that he was late 30s like myself, haha.

There are a lot of shoes that I love the idea of, but I'm not going to wear for that very reason. A lot of times I look at them almost like pieces of art. I may love the concept and I can appreciate them from a pure creative level, but I know I would look ridiculous wearing them.

Honestly, it's all about confidence and your style. I have a sneakerhead buddy in his mid 30's with an insane collection. And he can pretty much pull them all off. I tell him all the time when he shows me something new - "Man I love those but I could NEVER wear them." But he usually does pretty well somehow.

Those 4's fall into that category for me. I think they are amazing and love them, but I don't think I could pull them off. The University Blue 1's I just bought on Stockx however I'm not worried about.

AMW2010
AG
So these aren't for everyone, but man I want them. Jurassic Park is my favorite movie, so I can't see myself ever wearing them, but they look so awesome to me!

https://www.borninspace.com/jurassic-park-x-reebok-instapump-fury-shoes-coming-soon/?fbclid=IwAR2igkm3mzhyDNvcgxFHHn0I5BM84o863k2KrRav48KQJHJtFCCzfjpZHwo
StringerBell
AG
Tell us how much!
Broncos
Wife won the low 5s for me in a draw the other day. I didn't try for them but she's now 1/2 on SNKRS draws while I'm sitting around 1/30.

I'll say these look way better in person!
CFTXAG10
AG
Anyone trying for the AJ1 Low Ghost Green this morning?

Teddy Perkins
AG
I'm giving it a go just for ****es and giggles. First time doing one of these and I've had serious FOMO from reading this thread lately.
CFTXAG10
AG
I took an L on them but thats probably for the best considering all the money I spent in the member sale yesterday....
Broncos
Add another L for me.
Sex Panther
AG
StringerBell said:

Tell us how much!

Teddy Perkins
AG
First of what appears to be many upcoming L's for me as well.
MW03
AG
Sex Panther said:

StringerBell said:

Tell us how much!

hahaha
StringerBell
AG
i have a confesion

i hit on the black and gray jordans this past weekend. legit my first ever W on a draw.

but I didn't like the colorway so I canceled

and now I regret that because that might be the only time I ever win anything on snkrs
MW03
AG
StringerBell said:

i have a confesion

i hit on the black and gray jordans this past weekend. legit my first ever W on a draw.

and now I regret that because that might be the only time I ever win anything on snkrs
Teddy Perkins
AG
StringerBell said:

i have a confesion

StringerBell
AG
im a bad person and i know it

MW03
AG
Speaking of Stockx, the website doesn't work for me anymore. No pictures load. The sizes won't change. Happens with chrome, chromium, and edge. Probably saved me money at this point, but it kind of hacks me off.
MW03
AG
StringerBell said:

im a bad person and i know it

I respect the hell out of you, actually. Would have been an easy flip, and I like to believe the pair you cancelled made their way to someone that likes them and wants to wear them.
StringerBell
AG
well in that case

Sex Panther
AG
StringerBell said:

i have a confesion

What?! Those are great!! And you could wear them with anything...

Sex Panther
AG
MW03 said:

Speaking of Stockx, the website doesn't work for me anymore. No pictures load. The sizes won't change. Happens with chrome, chromium, and edge. Probably saved me money at this point, but it kind of hacks me off.

It always messes up for me too... on both Chrome and my iPhone
StringerBell
AG
BACK TO THE CONE OF SHAME I GO
Broncos
StringerBell said:

i have a confesion

Please never attempt a SNKRS draw again.

/theboard
CFTXAG10
AG
I need to know the size you drew before I pass judgment
MW03
AG
GBH is doing a "shoe roast" on twitter, and I think it bears on this thread.

CFTXAG10
AG
I submitted my alphabounces and took it on the chin for the jeans over sneaks. IDC, I never pass up an opportunity to wear jeans to work instead of slacks/pants
StringerBell
AG
either 12.5 or 13. whichever was available
First Page Last Page
Page 12 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.