Sneaker Thread

923,004 Views | 14423 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by tamuags08
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
StringerBell said:

this is fascinating. she got fired, in part, because her son was running a resale operation using her credit card.

basically her son had exclusive access to shoes due to his mom's position

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2021-sneaker-investment/
Buzzy
StringerBell said:

this is fascinating. she got fired, in part, because her son was running a resale operation using her credit card.

Thanks for the link.

I read the Bloomberg article, then the Complex article linked in the tweet comments.

Apparently, she alerted Nike her son established West Coast Streetwear in 2018 and they were okay with it.

I'm not sure if her position was an advantage to him, unless it was the information he passed on to his subscribers about shoe valuations. Apparently, the implication of inside information is enough to force her resignation.

It appears his biggest advantage was access to his mother's high credit limit, allowing him to buy $200k worth of shoes at a time, which is a big advantage when you're making deals that net 10-20% profit. Being able to buy in bulk means he can make a business off 'bricks', while others ignore them because of their low rate of return.
concac
AG
Buzzy said:

StringerBell said:

Thanks for the link.

I read the Bloomberg article, then the Complex article linked in the tweet comments.

Apparently, she alerted Nike her son established West Coast Streetwear in 2018 and they were okay with it.

I'm not sure if her position was an advantage to him, unless it was the information he passed on to his subscribers about shoe valuations. Apparently, the implication of inside information is enough to force her resignation.

It appears his biggest advantage was access to his mother's high credit limit, allowing him to buy $200k worth of shoes at a time, which is a big advantage when you're making deals that net 10-20% profit. Being able to buy in bulk means he can make a business off 'bricks', while others ignore them because of their low rate of return.
concac
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CL668BlsJ8Q

Releasing on March 6th. Looking forward to getting that L.
MW03
AG
100%
cjo03
AG
Buzzy said:

bragged about driving across the country to 19 Nike outlet stores to buy stock he "knew was out there"

he may not have any insider intel on stock from her.. technically any store associate could look up a specific shoe to see what inventory exists in what stores.

but it is likely a pretty safe assumption he didn't go into those outlets and say "since I'm going to resell these, please don't give me the 30% off employee discount" that all immediate family of Nike employees have access to for factory stores. or 40% off online. or 50% off in the employee stores.

this story is a bizarre lapse of judgement at best. shady shady at worst.

Coog97
Loved these Agassis...

Agristotle
AG
great thread, lots of sneakerheads out here.
jetch17
AG
does anyone have any good products or ways to clean the clear 'ice' soles on my maroon/white Jordan VI's?

Im no sneakerhead, im sure there may be some youtube vids or something out there. Just bought them a few years ago since i always wanted some VI's as a kid ... even better, i got em when i was an adult.
AggieLitigator
Any other weirdos out there that buy TWO sets of retro jordan re-releases with the hopes of wearing one and keeping the other in the box as a collectors item? I have a half dozen or so that were two set purchases.

Only the 3, 4, 5, 6 and 11's are two set purchases for me
MW03
AG
jetch17 said:

does anyone have any good products or ways to clean the clear 'ice' soles on my maroon/white Jordan VI's?

Im no sneakerhead, im sure there may be some youtube vids or something out there. Just bought them a few years ago since i always wanted some VI's as a kid ... even better, i got em when i was an adult.

I've never done it, but i think there are some cremes out there you can use where you wipe it on and the wrap it and put them in the sun. If memory serves, you have to do it a bunch of times to get them back. Basically, it's oxidization you are reversing.
MW03
AG
AggieLitigator said:

Any other weirdos out there that buy TWO sets of retro jordan re-releases with the hopes of wearing one and keeping the other in the box as a collectors item? I have a half dozen or so that were two set purchases.

I can never land 1, let alone 2.
StringerBell
AG
AggieLitigator said:

LOOK AT MR MONEYBAGS OVER HERE
jeffk
AG
Anne Hebert's son has joined the chat.
Old School Brother
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

The heaviest basketball shoes of all-time.
these would like a word

cjo03
AG
AggieLitigator said:

...buy TWO sets of retro jordan re-releases with the hopes of wearing one and keeping the other in the box...

"rock one and stock one" is the formal name of this procedure
AggieLitigator
MW03 said:

AggieLitigator said:

I could tell you how I obtained half of them and you would judge. But pre pandemic before the lottery system I would get to the mall at 5:30am and usually be top 5 in line. I'd pay for a set then put them in my truck. Then go back inside to a different shoe store.

Post lottery system (last 18 months) I'd just pay the 50-75% markup online. Probably from Nike moms kid without knowing.
Danther37
AG
As a huge hockey fan and semi-sneakerhead, I'd totally get these for my beer league.

https://instagr.am/p/CLUUphpg_PW

https://instagr.am/p/CLqIKtYA-JZ
MW03
AG
AggieLitigator said:

MW03 said:

AggieLitigator said:

I could tell you how I obtained half of them and you would judge. But pre pandemic before the lottery system I would get to the mall at 5:30am and usually be top 5 in line. I'd pay for a set then put them in my truck. Then go back inside to a different shoe store.

Post lottery system (last 18 months) I'd just pay the 50-75% markup online. Probably from Nike moms kid without knowing.

Love it.
Sex Panther
AG
Danther37 said:

As a huge hockey fan and semi-sneakerhead, I'd totally get these for my beer league.

https://instagr.am/p/CLUUphpg_PW

https://instagr.am/p/CLqIKtYA-JZ

So awesome
J182
AG
I remember having these as a kid and thinking I was so cool.

Honestly, would wear them even now.
MW03
AG
J182 said:

Reebok did a Halloween release last year of the "Shaqnosis Spider Web"

AustinCountyAg
I am curious what the age of all you people are who are wearing these shoes?
MW03
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I am curious what the age of all you people are who are wearing these shoes?
Too old, probably.
Buzzy
MW03 said:

J182 said:

Reebok did a Halloween release last year of the "Shaqnosis Spider Web"

I remember the Shaq dunking logo.
J182
AG
I did just get these (well, waiting for them to come in).
I hope they are as comfy as my Nike SBs.
StringerBell
AG
those are nice. are they killshots?
Claude!
StringerBell said:

those are nice. are they killshots?
I bought a pair of Killshots awhile back and had to return them - way too narrow. The curse of having elephant feet.
J182
AG
Court Legacy. I do like the Killshots though.
I typically wear a 12/12.5 in most everything but have to go 13s on my Nike stuff. It has helped with some of the narrow issues I have with some of their styles.
jeffk
AG
The Court/Killshot/Cortez lines are so blurry, but all so good.
jh0400
AG
I'm not a huge fan of basketball shoes, but 14 yo me wants a pair of the green Air Max 95s.

StringerBell
AG
i got those when they dropped a few weeks ago. had to for nostalgia purposes.
MW03
AG
Not 95s, but I am having to FIGHT not to order these 97s. Extremely clean, but have spent entirely too much lately on shoes. If/when they go on sale, I won't be able to resist.

MW03
AG
these too

StringerBell
AG
love that they started dropping more colorways of the 97s. i got the OG silverbullets when they released back in 2017.
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.