Sneaker Thread

759,641 Views | 13472 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by MW03
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I wish I was good enough at golf to justify buying these.
Unemployed
AG
MW03 said:

Sex Panther said:

Gonna do everything I can to get these as well... but it won't be cheap I'm guessing

I think those are going to go quick. Pre-release prices on secondary are like $450, so the bots will be out in force. I think they will be on the SNKRS app, though. I've only ever won a SNKRS raffle once, and it was recently for these that should be arriving today.

Speaking of secondary, I've only ever done that once and it was for the Jordan 11 Jubilees.

The AJ1 "University Blue" will be on SNKRS March 6th.

I was actually checking SNKRS app when the shock drop for the Jubilees happened so got lucky and was able to cop it. Still in the box, though.
Post removed:
by user
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Any NB heads in here? I've been wearing nothing but different 992's for the past two years because I'm an old man.
Buzzy

Watched Sneakerheads when it came out on Netflix, that is the extent of my knowledge of the hobby.

I think what Michael Jordan and Nike have done with the Air Jordan brand is fascinating, and I don't particularly care for Jordan, and prefer adidas over Nike.
c-jags
MASAXET said:

MW03 said:

Love the ultraboosts. I think these are both up there for my favorite shoes ever when you factor in how damned comfortable they are.

I'm def all about the 3 stripe life and ultraboost

I've recently become a 3 striper. Really like boost and bounce. Not sold on boost for actual running technology but it's really comfortable.

Retro styles I really like NBs and Sauconys and have had a few over the years.
Juan Solo
AG
I keep and flip some. I got lucky enough to flip the first drop of the yeezy zebras for $1500, i usually only keep basic ones and some of the more subtle yeezys, my most rare pairs are Air Griffey II, Air Max I Atmos Elephant, Plum Dunks and Spiderman Jordan I's
johnnyblaze36
AG
I'm an adidas guy and a Star Wars nerd so adding these to my collection was a no-brainer.

MW03
AG
Not a star wars guy, but the boba fett ones are nice.
AggieLitigator
AJ Bred 4 is the greatest sneaker of all time. The end.
MW03
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

I wish I was good enough at golf to justify buying these.

There's a brand out there called Golf Kicks that's pretty cool. Basically, it's separate cleats that screw in, and their website has instructions for modifying 11s.

I installed some in a pair of Stan Smiths, but the sole wasn't really working. Stan Smith's have unique sole pattern that i would would work, but it really just kept them from gripping.

I put them into some old boosts I had, and they work surprisingly well. You just need a smooth place for them to bite, but they stick and don't rip. I think I'm going to convert a pair of cheap AJ1 lows.
MW03
AG
AggieLitigator said:

AJ Bred 4 is the greatest sneaker of all time. The end.

I dunno about that. The 4 is an absolute classic for sure, but I think the banned AJ1 is probably the most iconic.

I think the original (1995) 11 concords are the best looking.

My favorite colorway for the 11s is the cool grey (which is getting rereleased this year).

Bonus: My favorite non-Jordan is the 1995 Air Max Sensation (Webbers)

Post removed:
by user
Mayor West
AG
Not a sneaker head, but surprised not to see my three favorite pairs growing up (that I owned)

Agassi:

Bo:

Deion:

StringerBell
AG
in no order the shoes i covet are

4s
11s
air max 97/95
reebok questions
the bo jackson sc trainers
MW03
AG
third coast.. said:

no mention of 3s?

The 3s were probably the ones that really launched Jordans into the stratosphere. The "cement" look is still really nice on the original white ones. Personally, I like the look of the 4s better, but I'm probably in the minority on that opinion.

Also, I should mention the Team USA 7s (1992) that were in the olympics.

MW03
AG
That Agassi shoe is really nice
MW03
AG
Those of you looking to take your AJ love to the golf course should check these that are coming out in like 3 days

https://houseofheat.co/jordan/air-jordan-4-golf-white-cement-cu9981-100-release-date/

MW03
AG
third coast.. said:

no mention of 3s?

Speaking of, this one is coming out this year...

https://houseofheat.co/jordan/a-ma-maniere-air-jordan-3-violet-ore-dh3434-110-release-date/

rononeill
I've been a UB guy for 3 or 4 years- just went to fleet feet for a refresh, and gawd the new ones are ugly. Went Brooks Glycerin - oh, they fine.

?sw=900
NoahAg
Had no idea so many rappers posted on TexAgs.
Sex Panther
AG
Yeah those are awesome... seems like they are only women's sizes though?? Doesn't make sense to me.
MW03
AG
Sex Panther said:

Yeah those are awesome... seems like they are only women's sizes though?? Doesn't make sense to me.

That makes no sense. Disappointing if it comes out that way.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
MW03 said:

not really a sneakerhead but love taking a trip down memory lane to some of the shoes i used to wear in my bball days. those webbers were one of my favorite pair, as were these:

Sex Panther
AG
ruddyduck said:

not really a sneakerhead but love taking a trip down memory lane to some of the shoes i used to wear in my bball days. those webbers were one of my favorite pair, as were these:

Had these when I was a little kid. They were my first "big" shoe and I was obsessed with them. Thought my dad was going to blow a gasket.
MW03
AG
That's the uptempo, right? I liked those quite a bit, as well as the Penny Haradaways. Tangentially, I miss shoe commercials. I feel like the league takes itself waaaaaaaaay too seriously these days.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URNwiRPQf1A][/url]

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
The heaviest basketball shoes of all-time.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The 90s had the best shoes.
MW03
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Definitely.

I would say for newer basketball shoes, I thought Lebron's 7 was a good look.

The Kobo Proto 5 is another great one.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
MW03 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

For anyone who plays basketball, Kobe 4's and 5's Protos are the best hoop shoes you can buy. The designs are well over 10 years old and half the NBA still wears them.
StringerBell
AG
love the stories behinds the kobes...that he modeled the lowtops after soccer

and that lol since jordan modeled one of his shoes off his ferrari kobe modeled his off his audi and we got these abominations

MW03
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

MW03 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

For anyone who plays basketball, Kobe 4's and 5's Protos are the best hoop shoes you can buy. The designs are well over 10 years old and half the NBA still wears them.

Looking at them makes me feel like I've already rolled an ankle, but you're right about the NBA loving them. The Bruce Lee versions were all over the court, though I think notice the 6 "Grinch" all the time these days. Turn on a game and you'll see like 2-3 players wearing these:

StringerBell
AG
this is fascinating. she got fired, in part, because her son was running a resale operation using her credit card.

basically her son had exclusive access to shoes due to his mom's position

MW03
AG
I thought this was going to be about Michael Jordan's son, ha
MW03
AG
If you are looking for a maroon shoe, these Air Max 1s are pretty nice and on sale for $126 with the code 2020SORRY

https://www.sneakersnstuff.com/en/product/46950/nike-air-max-1-premium

Last Page
Page 2 of 385

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.