Sneaker Thread

950,474 Views | 14635 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by vmiaptetr
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Almost as ugly as the hey dude shoes
WES2006AG
AG
HSF!
vmiaptetr
AG
Somewhere, a snow leopard committed suicide after looking at those.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
I absolutely love them because of the animal print and the uniqueness of them
Green2Maroon
AG
I've probably never seen a more unique pair of Nikes.
vmiaptetr
AG
I can't really judge on personal taste. I mean, I just bought a shoe designed after a waffle, so…

I think the side profile of those shoes looks better than the SkyView. Animal print and I were just destined to be adversaries.

ETA: But if you said they were Spider Verse shoes designed after The Spot, I'd be trying to buy a pair.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

Opinions?

This should be an easy cop for you. Robocop. Footscape Wovens are a Top 5 IYKYK model. Not for rookies, only vets. Absolute fire.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I'm almost positive I posted a HSF pic with some on back in the day which is all to say, you're not the only one who likes this shoe.
aggiebird02
WES2006AG said:

HSF!

It looks like you're levitating a couple of inches above the ground in that picture. WAIT! CAN NEW BALANCE SHOES MAKE YOU FLY?!?!
BowSowy
AG
These are dope, you should get them. I have the Union x Bephie's 1s which have a woven line like these and they always get attention when I wear them
MW03
AG
Blazers don't get enough love

https://sneakernews.com/2024/02/29/nike-sb-blazer-mid-blue-grey-obsidian-fd0731-401/
MASAXET
AG
MW03 said:

Blazers don't get enough love

https://sneakernews.com/2024/02/29/nike-sb-blazer-mid-blue-grey-obsidian-fd0731-401/
Those are great. And you're right - blazers don't get enough love. An all-timer.
boogieman
AG
I DO need a pair of blazers.
fig96
AG
Love mine.

MASAXET
AG
I love me some blazers. However, I don't necessarily recommend relying on ONLY blazers for a long, walk-heavy trip.

I consolidated for a 10-day paris trip by taking a single pair of shoes - blazer mids. Because they go with everything. But damn if my feet weren't barking by the end of that trip because you walk everywhere in Paris. I know I'm getting older because I needed some inserts or something.
fig96
AG
These were Wirecutter's top rated insoles last year, they're not especially soft but really supportive and feel great. I've got a pair in my Killshots and they help a lot.
WES2006AG
AG
MASAXET said:

I love me some blazers. However, I don't necessarily recommend relying on ONLY blazers for a long, walk-heavy trip.

I consolidated for a 10-day paris trip by taking a single pair of shoes - blazer mids. Because they go with everything. But damn if my feet weren't barking by the end of that trip because you walk everywhere in Paris. I know I'm getting older because I needed some inserts or something.
This is true of all of the Nike retro shoes. If I have serious walking or standing to do I want to be in a pair of NBs or Boosts.
MW03
AG
MASAXET said:

Blazers and AJ1s are terrible choices for any kind of extending periods of walking. Just not comfortable at all over time on your feet. Dunks aren't great either, for that matter. Same with Gazelles and Sambas. Court and skate shoes just don't have the padding.

For anyone looking to spend some time on your feet, the best ones for me are these bad boys, the Yeezy 350 V2 CMPCT. By FAR the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned (and available under retail at StockX).

If you are anti-Kanye, these come in at a distant 2nd place. Ultraboost 23s. The 4.0s and 5.0s are comfortable as well, but the amount of boost foam in the 23s is extremely nice. I think the 1.0s look the best, but they are not nearly as comfortable as the later iterations.

If you are a Nike person, then you can't go wrong with pretty much anything in the Air Max line. Personally, I think the AM90s are pretty perfect for being on your feet all day and still have some style to it. Oddly enough, I also think the AF1s are pretty solid for all day wear.

And then I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the godfather, New Balances 99X series. Personally, I like the look of 996s the most, but the 993s and 990v6s are thought to be among the most comfortable. Long live the dad shoe.

concac
AG
WES2006AG said:

MASAXET said:

This is true of all of the Nike retro shoes. If I have serious walking or standing to do I want to be in a pair of NBs or Boosts.
Was going to post the same thing. Nike shoes in general are uncomfortable especially those with wide feet.
fig96
AG
Any of the Nike React foam are really comfortable too, my runners are the Epic React Flyknit and they're awesome.
MW03
AG
fig96 said:

Any of the Nike React foam are really comfortable too, my runners are the Epic React Flyknit and they're awesome.
I've never worn those, but I'll have to check them out. I should have mentioned the AM270s, too, though I've never worn those either. I know people say they are crazy comfortable, but I've never tried them out.
WES2006AG
AG
For those that exercise what shoes are you wearing to walk/run outdoors these days. I have been wearing the 2021/2022 Ultra Boost for outdoor workouts for years but I wear out pair every 5-6 months so I am looking for something new. Was thinking about trying Hoka but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
texag06ish
AG
Brooks Ghost Max - I have the triple black colorway. They aren't the coolest but they are comfy AF.

I suggest finding a running store that will analyze your walk/gait and let them make recommendations.
MW03
AG
One last note about comfortable shoes. Some of the best wearing shoes I've bought in the recent past were the Tom Sachs GP shoes.
CFTXAG10
AG
Brooks Glycerin 20 - I ran the Woodlands 1/2 last year in them and trained in them leading up to. Liked them so much I ended up buying another pair.
fig96
AG
MW03 said:

fig96 said:

I've never worn those, but I'll have to check them out. I should have mentioned the AM270s, too, though I've never worn those either. I know people say they are crazy comfortable, but I've never tried them out.
FWIW they've been replaced by the Infinity Reacts (which run a bit small) but you can find the Epic React Flyknit 2's below retail on StockX or at some other retailers. I bought a backup pair at the Nike store for like 30% off a while back.
fig96
AG
My go to is the Nike Infinity React 2, also have a pair of Atreyu's which I like for light runs. They're an Austin based company that started a few years ago focused on high performance runners and they make nice simple shoes.
vmiaptetr
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Brooks Glycerin 20 - I ran the Woodlands 1/2 last year in them and trained in them leading up to. Liked them so much I ended up buying another pair.
I'll second. I'm on my 3rd pair of Brooks Glycerin GTS 20's. They were recommended to me after I got my soles scanned. They are my everyday shoe.
WES2006AG
AG
Sounds like I need to give Brooks a look. Can't say I have ever thought about that brand before.
tamuags08
AG
texag06ish said:

Brooks Ghost Max - I have the triple black colorway. They aren't the coolest but they are comfy AF.

I suggest finding a running store that will analyze your walk/gait and let them make recommendations.

My bold for emphasis, and entirely agree. A running store will be able to tell you your gait and if you need a neutral versus stability shoe.

I've been in a neutral shoe and have preferred the following models: Asics Nimbus, Brooks Glycerin/Ghost, Hoka Clifton, with gravitating towards the Hoka Clifton a bit the last few times I've bought shoes. These are among the more highly cushioned models in each of the shoe lines.
MASAXET
AG
MW03 said:

MASAXET said:

Blazers and AJ1s are terrible choices for any kind of extending periods of walking. Just not comfortable at all over time on your feet. Dunks aren't great either, for that matter. Same with Gazelles and Sambas. Court and skate shoes just don't have the padding.

For anyone looking to spend some time on your feet, the best ones for me are these bad boys, the Yeezy 350 V2 CMPCT. By FAR the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned (and available under retail at StockX).

If you are anti-Kanye, these come in at a distant 2nd place. Ultraboost 23s. The 4.0s and 5.0s are comfortable as well, but the amount of boost foam in the 23s is extremely nice. I think the 1.0s look the best, but they are not nearly as comfortable as the later iterations.

If you are a Nike person, then you can't go wrong with pretty much anything in the Air Max line. Personally, I think the AM90s are pretty perfect for being on your feet all day and still have some style to it. Oddly enough, I also think the AF1s are pretty solid for all day wear.

And then I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the godfather, New Balances 99X series. Personally, I like the look of 996s the most, but the 993s and 990v6s are thought to be among the most comfortable. Long live the dad shoe.

The sad thing is that I agree with all of this, including in this rank order (although I don't have the NBs). But I was trying to take only one pair of shoes and the blazer were going to straddle all of the lines I needed . . . so I thought.

A younger me would have been fine. But damn.
CFTXAG10
AG
MoreCushing4thePushing said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I'll second. I'm on my 3rd pair of Brooks Glycerin GTS 20's. They were recommended to me after I got my soles scanned. They are my everyday shoe.
They have far and away been the best for me. I tried out a pair of Hoka Mach 5's, and NB FF's, before I finally landed on the Glycerin's. Something tells me I might need to buy and stash one more pair in case they screw up future iterations.

On the comfort discussion for daily wear, not working out, I agree w/ 03, you cant beat the 350 cmpct.
jrod2181
Mail Call
Finally some TP for my Bunghole

MW03
AG
My lord. Those are absolutely terribly in exactly the right way. Nice pick up.
Teddy Perkins
AG
FINALLY!!

Promo code CREW10 got me 10% off.

First Page Last Page
Page 368 of 419

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.