Scrubs?

16,848 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I about died the first time I saw that scene.

"Don't be lickin' me no mo".
Sbisa04
AG
Wow love all this Scrubs love. Most ppl I talk to have not seen it.

One of the best sitcoms imho. Finale prob my favorite one ever. SO well done. And yes amazing soundtrack. Discovered many artists from this show. Again, avoid season 9. Trash and ended perfectly at 8.
Post removed:
by user
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Sbisa04 said:

Wow love all this Scrubs love. Most ppl I talk to have not seen it.

Why do you associate with soulless puppy-kickers?
aTm2004
AG
I'm sure most of you are aware but some may not be...Scrubs is on Prime Video for those of you with a Prime membership.
Slagathor
AG
I am never not on a rewatch of Scrubs. It's my #1 show of all time and I've seen it 10+ times through at this point, lost count. It's a comfort; I put it on when I'm in a bad mood or when I'm cleaning/folding clothes.

I was so excited for the podcast, and it's great! I love hearing about the inner workings and memories of my favorite show. But I find Zach and Donald very energetic and I don't always have the energy to keep up with their conversations, if that makes sense? Plus two new episodes a week is hard to keep up with. But I'm very glad it exists and I LOVE all their guests. It's so great how the cast got to be so close and remains good friends.

There was supposed to be a reunion panel of the Scrubs cast at the ATX TV Fest this year in June, but it obviously got cancelled/went digital and never happened AFAIK. I'm really hoping that something like this happens in the future because I would have killed for tickets to that panel.

All that to say, Scrubs is a fantastic show and I love it all (except season 9).
COOL LASER FALCON
Maybe I should put this on the wrong opinions thread, but I think they actually found a little something at the end of Season 9 and could have been successful with it. They just buried themselves in too deep of a hole early on.
powerbelly
AG
Now that I am working from home I have fallen way behind on the podcast. I just listen to episodes with a guest I like or an episode I particularly like.
powerbelly
AG
COOL LASER FALCON said:

Maybe I should put this on the wrong opinions thread, but I think they actually found a little something at the end of Season 9 and could have been successful with it. They just buried themselves in too deep of a hole early on.
There might have been something there, but it would have almost been better as a completely separate show, not "scrubs"
wangus12
AG
powerbelly said:

Now that I am working from home I have fallen way behind on the podcast. I just listen to episodes with a guest I like or an episode I particularly like.
Same here. It didn't help that at least over the summer, Zach got pretty annoying talking about Covid/politics at certain points. I deal with it everyday in the clinic and really would rather not hear about it when I'm at home.
Star Wars Memes Only
Scrubs is my favorite show of all time.

I would totally watch this:

RIP Sam Lloyd
TV Casualty
AG
powerbelly said:

J-Quob said:

Scrubs always did a killer job with its soundtrack.
The streaming episodes don't have the original soundtrack.

Why would they not have the original soundtrack? I'm assuming it's some odd copyright issue.

Is there some sort of future hellish universe where the songs of Gaurdians of the Galaxy movies will be replaced for streaming platforms?

This just seems to be absurd.
DallasTeleAg
Has to do with the rights to the music. May be crazy, but it's the truth.
powerbelly
AG
TV Casualty said:

powerbelly said:

J-Quob said:

Why would they not have the original soundtrack? I'm assuming it's some odd copyright issue.

Is there some sort of future hellish universe where the songs of Gaurdians of the Galaxy movies will be replaced for streaming platforms?

My understanding is that the music rights were negotiated before streaming was a thing.
cajunaggie08
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

After Season 7, NBC stopped airing it, and it moved over to ABC. ABC actually owned the show the entire time, though it was on NBC (I am oversimplifying this because it gets into network politics that I don't understand).

Until the past decade, tv production studios operated separately from the networks their parent company owned. The networks would try to keep in-house what they thought were going to be the best shows. If another network was willing to bid on the rights of something you're going to pass on, why not take their money to keep the work rolling for the studio. Now we're in an age where all the media companies are hoarding the majority of their content. If the execs feel it won't get enough ad buys for their legacy or cable channels, they'll push it straight to their new streaming platform. The major studios saw how much Netflix could make from their properties. That combined with Netflix entering the movie and TV production game, ushered in the model we see today.
TV Casualty
AG
powerbelly said:

TV Casualty said:

powerbelly said:

J-Quob said:

My understanding is that the music rights were negotiated before streaming was a thing.

On the one hand I can understand that, but on the other it seems like some sort of copyright troll technicality. It's almost like saying you have the rights to the song for initial broadcast, but not syndication. Although, I'm sure syndication was included in the contracts back then.

Song choice in a movie or show is a part of the art form and it's sad to see original works changed like that.

The dumbest aspect of this is that the copyrighted songs that are not getting played are actually limiting the exposure for those musical artists. They are hurt more by their omission than if they would've been included.
bagger05
AG
bagger05
AG
Scrubs is one of my all time favorite shows. I discovered it at a really low point in my life and felt a real connection to the characters.

JD and Turk were good friends to me when I didn't have many in real life.
DallasTeleAg

To stay on the Scrubs topic, I love the entire show and even enjoy the seasons that weren't the greatest. However, seasons 1-4 are the best.

[Cleaned up some posts due to the thread derailing. -Staff]

My Fifteen Minutes is one of my top 5 episodes:

Followed by

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Still waiting for the NBC movie of the week: "Dr. Acula"
brew82
Just watched that episode. Wish I could dance like Turk.

I'm in for all 8 seasons, going to try and avoid season 9.
DallasTeleAg
I could post videos forever, lol

CubbieAggie
AG
I binged Scrubs basically every semester in college, but it's been a couple years since my last re-watch. This thread is making me want to do it again.
cityagboy
AG
Love scrubs
Philo B 93
Scrubs is top 3 for me, and I rewatch most of it periodically. I love the amount and use of music in the show. The podcast talks about how that was very planned and how parts of many episodes almost become music videos.

I don't know what makes the show so great. Maybe some combination of the music, comedy, drama, friendships, dialogue, unexpected serious moments, great characters, and warm fuzzies at the end of each episode.
JCA1
AG
Dr. Kelso to the janitor - "Let's cut to the chase, freak show. If you're a forty-four-year-old man wearing a jumpsuit and you are not climbing into the cockpit of a rocket ship, chances are you've made a lot of wrong turns along the way. Good talk."
West Point Aggie
AG

I wonder how many takes this scene took...Turk at the end is hilarious
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
another threesome scene.... hysterical

DallasTeleAg
My favorite Dr Kelso line in the entire show:

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I just had to... one of my favorite moments in the show. THE WARRIOR!!!

After several thousand views of this clip, my favorite part has become the look of confused disgust on turk's face like he simply cannot understand why j d has lost on purpose.
aTm2004
AG
Haha. That's almost as good as Ross's threesome.
West Point Aggie
AG
I have been sufficiently prompted to re-watch the entire series (of course, NOT to include that abomination called season 9)
kyledr04
AG
Love scrubs. It also does a great job of capturing a lot of truth about medicine, medical training, and hospitals. They must have had great consultants.
Legal Custodian
AG
dargscisyhp said:

Scrubs is my favorite show of all time.

I would totally watch this:

RIP Sam Lloyd

Yeah, me too
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I emailed this thread to Joelle, the podcast producer and she wrote back saying she loved all the specific memories of people identifying with it and she had forwarded to both Zach and Donald to check out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.