Scrubs?

17,601 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Lathspell
St Hedwig Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Halfway through season 1:

Dr Kelso at the free clinic:

"I don't want to seem insensitive, but why don't these people have any money?"
bagger05
AG
Kelso's arc is one of my favorites in the show.
Charlie Conway
Glad I stumbled across this thread, I just got done with a full rewatch a few weeks ago. One of my all time favorite shows.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
bagger05 said:

Kelso's arc is one of my favorites in the show.

Ok there's no getting around sounding stupid but I had to look up what arc was (knew it was not a mathematical reference)

...now that I know...yes!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Halfway through season 1:

Dr Kelso at the free clinic:

"I don't want to seem insensitive, but why don't these people have any money?"

Dr. Kelso: "What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? (smiles) Bob Kelso. Nice to meet you."
Lathspell
AG
"What has two thumbs and still doesn't give a crap? (Points at himself) Bob Kelso, I thought we'd met."
Lathspell
AG
One of my favorite jokes in Scrubs.

brew82
Great show! Just finished binging all 8 seasons. Not going to watch season 9 after reading the input in the thread. Went through a lot of emotions throughout the series. She'd a tear or two when Laverne died. They built that up nicely by having her and Cox being a main part of the episode before that.
Charlie Conway
season 9 isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be
brew82
Are any of the original cast in season 9? Kelso and Cox were my favorite characters, I liked Turk a lot too.
Charlie Conway
Yes, they aren't the main focus of the show but definitely have prominent roles
Ol_Ag_02
AG
brew82 said:

Great show! Just finished binging all 8 seasons. Not going to watch season 9 after reading the input in the thread. Went through a lot of emotions throughout the series. She'd a tear or two when Laverne died. They built that up nicely by having her and Cox being a main part of the episode before that.

Don't watch nine.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Damn, with how much praise it's gotten here I think I need to watch this show! Caught rerun bits here and there over the years but never dived in so to speak.
nosoupforyou
AG
so... I named my daughter Elliot after watching Scrubs back in 2005 - and she is quite the cute blonde these days (but goes by Ellie)

Carla - What's a pancake doing in the silverware drawer?
Turk - you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? whuzzaaa!

Now give me some hungry chicken!

Ol_Ag_02
AG
nosoupforyou
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
brew82 said:

9 sucks...they beautifully ended it during 8...9 was another show...like when Golden Girls became the Golden Palace (woof!) ...it did not work
PatAg
AG
9 would have been ok as its own show, but it ruins the beautiful ending of season 8
Star Wars Memes Only
Was I supposed to bring the tickets or the sandwiches?

aznaggiegirl07
AG
Are you guys listening to the podcast?
Fake Doctors, Real Friends?
nosoupforyou
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

Are you guys listening to the podcast?
Fake Doctors, Real Friends?
I'm way behind on it but have listened to the first 10 episodes - love it
boogieman
AG
Do you listen to it as a commentary track while watching the episode or is the podcast enjoyable to listen to without the episode playing?
Fat Bib Fortuna
boogieman said:

Do you listen to it as a commentary track while watching the episode or is the podcast enjoyable to listen to without the episode playing?
It is definitely not a commentary track. Most of the podcasts range all over the place and some talk about the episode for fewer than 10 minutes. Some people have voiced not liking the podcasts, but for me they are an hour a week or laughing and smiling and feeling like I'm getting to be a part of a really cool friendship of guys my own age.
nosoupforyou
AG
boogieman said:

they barely talk about the episode to be honest

they do watch the episode themselves before the podcast begins and talk through some notes but they go off on 20-30 minute tangents often - it's fun, but not really a show recap

having Johnny C, Sara Chalke, Judy, the Director, everybody - on as guests has been really fun

PS - I listen to the Podcast at 2x speed to get through it faster
nosoupforyou
AG
same
PatAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

boogieman said:

It is definitely not a commentary track. Most of the podcasts range all over the place and some talk about the episode for fewer than 10 minutes. Some people have voiced not liking the podcasts, but for me they are an hour a week or laughing and smiling and feeling like I'm getting to be a part of a really cool friendship of guys my own age.
However, if you can get ahold of the dvd's, the commentaries on it are great. They are funny, and a lot of times Bill Lawrence or others will give legit insight into various scenes.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

boogieman said:

Second. Feel the same way. Like that one day I got to sit at the cool kids table.
Azariah
AG
dargscisyhp said:

Was I supposed to bring the tickets or the sandwiches?

My wife and I use this every. single. A&M game.
PDWT_12
AG
brew82 said:

"Be careful though, because around here, if you start believing that bad things happen for a reason...

It hurts that much more when they don't."
Fat Bib Fortuna
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Halfway though season 2...this series has some real gems. I can't think of another show with the combo or poignant, funny, sad, quirky and a little weird!

Glad this thread was started!
AquaCasaAg
AG
Lathspell
AG
The Turkleton's!

Lathspell
AG
Also, this could have been so hokey, but having Sean come back as Kim's boyfriend led to some hilarious moments.

"Nobody cares, Sean"

Wiener Cousins

Are you a sorcerer?!

And the last great part of that episode! Unfortunately, I could only find this one with the full show. 12:50 is where it begins.

Carlo4
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Halfway though season 2...this series has some real gems. I can't think of another show with the combo or poignant, funny, sad, quirky and a little weird!

Glad this thread was started!

Keep watching. It gets better.... all the things you said... even the sad moments.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.