Netflix - Dark

11,903 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AGnBCS
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I would say it had grabbed me by then, but I'll also mention that S2 is the better season. (And it's the one which has a perfect 100% on RT and was I believe the top rated show of 2019.)
Yea i was hooked half way through S1, but S2 was damn near perfect.
big-ag
AG
I hope they resolve the mystery of Woller's eye. I think it's the key to whole series.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We need to know who Peter Doppler's father is cause it sure as hell isn't Helge. Not to mention his mother.
M.C. Swag
AG
big-ag said:

I hope they resolve the mystery of Woller's eye. I think it's the key to whole series.

lol hate to say it but im pretty sure it's a red herring. I mentioned this in the season 2 thread;

I can't find the source but i read somewhere that the writer of the show only threw that in as a 'red herring.' She was apparently inspired by a show she loved that had a similar character (that showed up with an unexplained limp or something).

It's basically just something fun to mess with the viewers. (Although who knows, it could turn into something later)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Currently on S1E6 of my rewatch. Man, I just continue to be blown away by how awesome this soundtrack is. Most of these music choices are absolutely brilliant and songs I wouldn't have heard otherwise.

Standouts so far:

bobinator
AG
Maybe saying it's a red herring is a red herring, DID YOU CONSIDER THAT
kapon
AG
Just finished season one.
Starting season two soon.
Wow!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
S1E8 - Agnes Nielsen in 1953 mentions her grandmother used to gush about Winden and that's why they moved there. When asked her grandmother's name, the scene is interrupted before she can answer. Leads me to believe this will be an important reveal going forward.
Prime0882
AG
Finished the first season and on to the second. That image with the who's who was a big help! Is there one for season 2 that's spoiler free?
schmendeler
AG
I don't think you need it for season 2 but maybe that's just me.
M.C. Swag
AG
Prime0882 said:

Finished the first season and on to the second. That image with the who's who was a big help! Is there one for season 2 that's spoiler free?
Here's one that has no spoilers. (not sure if it's much different). The trouble is finding a family tree that doesn't reveal certain..."twists/identities" that make s2 epic.

Wicked Good Ag
Brian Earl Spilner said:

S1E8 - Agnes Nielsen in 1953 mentions her grandmother used to gush about Winden and that's why they moved there. When asked her grandmother's name, the scene is interrupted before she can answer. Leads me to believe this will be an important reveal going forward.

Interesting. How far back does this intertwined system go??
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep. Exactly. There's a few major unanswered family-related questions which will undoubtedly be major revelations, imo. (Slightly spoiler-ish below if you haven't seen S1. Avoid the big spoiler if you haven't watched.)

Who really is Boris Niewald? (aka Alexander Tiedemann)

Who is Peter Doppler's mother?

Who is Regina's father? (Possibly Tronte? Making her Ulrich's half-sister, S1E5: Mikkel's aunt, and Jonas' great aunt.)

Who is/was Agnes Nielsen's grandmother?

Who is Hannah's mother? (Unless I'm mistaken, this hasn't really been hinted at or discussed in the show at all, which is interesting.)

I'd guess that most, if not all of these, will have to do with the travelers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
schmendeler said:

For a second I thought you were saying he didn't need to watch S1 before S2 and thought it was a great sarcastic post.
schmendeler
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

schmendeler said:

For a second I thought you were saying he didn't need to watch S1 before S2 and thought it was a great sarcastic post.
"nah, you'll catch on pretty quick! just dive in!"
Sex Panther
AG
Watching Season 2 before Season 1 would actually be very much in the spirit of the show
M.C. Swag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yep. Exactly. There's a few major unanswered family-related questions which will undoubtedly be major revelations, imo. (Slightly spoiler-ish below if you haven't seen S1. Avoid the big spoiler if you haven't watched.)

Who really is Boris Niewald? (aka Alexander Tiedemann)

Who is Peter Doppler's mother?

Who is Regina's father? (Possibly Tronte? Making her Ulrich's half-sister, S1E5: Mikkel's aunt, and Jonas' great aunt.)

Who is/was Agnes Nielsen's grandmother?

Who is Hannah's mother? (Unless I'm mistaken, this hasn't really been hinted at or discussed in the show at all, which is interesting.)

I'd guess that most, if not all of these, will have to do with the travelers.
Don't forget some of these:

Where is hannah in 1986 (assuming she stayed in 1953) and what has she been up to?

also, what happened to Noah's sister?

Also, I don't think it's a coincedence that Hannah is the only character whose name is a palindrome. She has some larger part to play.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The palindrome thing is something I read on reddit last year and definitely think that is intentional.

Plus, I still maintain that she will be the ultimate villain of the show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Random, stab in the dark, half-baked theory:

Hannah is Agnes's grandmother. Jonas and Martha have a daughter, Hannah steals her and goes to the late 1800s, and either knowingly or unknowingly raises Agnes, who moves to Winden in 1953. Maybe all of it is part of her twisted revenge against Ulrich. Thus she would be directly responsible for both the Nielsens and Kahnwalds being in Winden. Both families would be enclosed in predestination paradox / time loop, with no origin and no end.

Not really sure how exactly this would tie in to Adam and whatever else the travelers are doing.
Fat Black Swan
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Prime0882 said:

Here's one that has no spoilers. (not sure if it's much different). The trouble is finding a family tree that doesn't reveal certain..."twists/identities" that make s2 epic.

Made the mistake of googling the season 2 character tree and it spoiled the three biggest WTF twists/surprises of the season.

Even with the spoilers, season 2 might be my favorite season of any series I've watched.
Madagascar
AG
Season 3 is done and teaser coming soon per Baran Bo Odar
https://instagr.am/p/CALpqnFpt7w
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
June 27 here we come!
Teddy Perkins
AG
Proposition Joe
Can it stick the landing and be one of the best time-travel series ever?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Can it stick the landing and be one of the best series ever?

FIFY
M.C. Swag
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Can it stick the landing and be one of the best time-travel series ever?
not gonna lie, i'm definitely worried about the 'multi-verse' angle suddenly being thrust into the mix and them only having 1 season to resolve...pretty much everything. But I have faith this show is the best equipped to do so!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I have the exact same concern, but then I remember I didn't love the way S1 ended and was worried S2 was gonna go off the rails.

That was put to rest quickly.
Justice Beaver
AG
I started watching this show this week based off this thread and I'm on S1 E7...
Holy hell this is a fantastic show! Only complaint so far is the terrible voice actors as mentioned, but I can't bring myself to read the entire show.
Still, can't wait for S2&3 and to see where this thing goes.
Teddy Perkins
AG
This is an excellent resource.

https://dark.netflix.io/
PlanoAg98
AG
I gave up on Dark last night. I was into episode 4 season 2 and was still not hooked. I guess it's just not a show for me.
SJEAg
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

I gave up on Dark last night. I was into episode 4 season 2 and was still not hooked. I guess it's just not a show for me.

Certainly gave it your all if you made it that far. I give 2-3 episodes max to get interested.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Certainly gave it your all if you made it that far. I give 2-3 episodes max to get interested.
I'm usually the same. However, there were several people on this thread stating it was the best series on Netflix. I think there was link to a public online poll where Dark was also voted best Netfix series.
double aught
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

This is exactly the episode I'm on. I'm going to keep going because it's slowly gotten pretty interesting. But I'm not just blown away. It's been fairly frustrating trying to keep up with all the characters and their relationships, even with the chart. But I think I'm finally getting a grasp on them.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, can't say you didn't give it a fair shake if you made it that far.

Honestly I would say due to sunk-cost, you might as well finish out the last 4 to see if things change.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.