Netflix - Dark

11,795 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AGnBCS
double b
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone watched this show? Stumbled on it based on a couple of recommendations and wow, talk about a mind bender. Loved the feel of this show and the story is extremely deep. Watched both seasons, and I am still left wondering how deep does this rabbit hole go?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Top 5 all time show for me. Just started a rewatch yesterday.

Here's the season 2 thread.

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3041766/1
TexasAggie008
AG
Agree

As a-list as any show in the modern era
M.C. Swag
AG
It's the best show on Netflix and one of the best shows I've ever seen. Can't wait for summer.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Fantastic show!!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
just finished season 1 last night.
Thisguy1
Is this the show that's in another language or am I thinking of something else?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
yes. german.
M.C. Swag
AG
ruddyduck said:

buckle in baby cuz s2 turns on the NoS
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
M.C. Swag said:

ruddyduck said:

buckle in baby cuz s2 turns on the NoS

sweet. only reason i didn't start season 2 last night was because i had already stayed up way too late to finish season 1. look forward to starting tonight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Copying my comment from the Rotten Tomatoes thread.

Since I'm sure a bunch of folks might give the show a try after seeing this, here's a few pointers:

- As mentioned, this show requires your undivided attention. Make sure you set aside time for it and don't watch it as background noise.

- Watch with SUBTITLES. This is the only correct way to watch it.

- Keep this image handy as a guide while watching. You'll have to refer to it many times, no doubt. (This is safe for Season 1 and has no spoilers.)

- Let us know your thoughts, I've been wanting to hear thoughts from newcomers who are just discovering the show.
PlanoAg98
AG
It took me 4 episode into seasons 1 to get hooked. The 1st couple of episodes were WTF is going on?
YouBet
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

It took me 4 seasons into episode 1 to get hooked. The 1st couple of episodes were WTF is going on?
That is a long f'ing episode!
M.C. Swag
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

It took me 4 seasons into episode 1 to get hooked. The 1st couple of episodes were WTF is going on?

Yeup, this dude is def watching Dark. Doesn't know what season he's on!
dc509
AG
Disregard**

I thought I read "Deep." Quarantining is not helping my ADD.
PlanoAg98
AG
Corrected you muthas!
double aught
AG
Quote:

I've been doing this. But I'm curious: why does it matter?

Four episodes in, and I'm not blown away yet. Kinda slow, but I'll stick with it.
big-ag
AG
I've watched both seasons two times through with dubbing. No issues here.
Proposition Joe
I read that they maybe changed the dubbing? I tried to watch with dub at first and it was god awful.

That, and the translations aren't exact... Did they say s#$# or f#%#? It makes a difference!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It just sounded like **** to me.
M.C. Swag
AG
double aught said:

Quote:

I've been doing this. But I'm curious: why does it matter?

Four episodes in, and I'm not blown away yet. Kinda slow, but I'll stick with it.

The voice actors that do the English dubs are terrible. Plus it's distracting that their mouth movement isn't in sync with their voice.
big-ag
AG
They certainly aren't the best, but we got used to them. I'd rather watch a show than read it. It's good to have options.
M.C. Swag
AG
big-ag said:

They certainly aren't the best, but we got used to them. I'd rather watch a show than read it. It's good to have options.
I mean ya, it's good to have options but i think it materially impacts the show in a negative way and dampens the performances of the actors (who are fantastic). Do whatever you like best, but the show is best consumed via subtitles imo.
schmendeler
AG
M.C. Swag said:

big-ag said:

I mean ya, it's good to have options but i think it materially impacts the show in a negative way and dampens the performances of the actors (who are fantastic). Do whatever you like best, but the show is best consumed via subtitles imo.
i mean, it's a german show. having the people mouthing german with english pasted over ruins the whole ambience. heaven forbid there be TEXT!!!!
SJEAg
AG
I didn't find the dubbing that bad, voices seemed to match the actors. Probably helps that it's a show I've historically watched on my phone (treadmill at work).

Subtitles for me work better if the actors aren't white or you know it's a different country (/that's racist). I can sort of pretend Dark takes place in the USA or at least the locale is not integral to the story. Watching Narcos, I like that they film in Spanish where it warrants.
Wicked Good Ag
Drops in June for S3 correct ?? Maybe June 20th by chance ??
Proposition Joe
Nothing confirmed on S3, just speculation based on the first two season premiere dates.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fingers crossed for June 27, 2020.

(Or 26 since it's Friday.)
Sex Panther
AG
SJEAg said:

I didn't find the dubbing that bad, voices seemed to match the actors. Probably helps that it's a show I've historically watched on my phone (treadmill at work).

You watch Dark... on a phone... on a treadmill?

bobinator
AG
I don't think I could think that hard and do anything at the same time. If I check my phone during Dark I have to rewind it.
big-ag
AG
I can't tell you how many times we have paused it to remind ourselves who someone is in each timeline. A lot of show I can multitask but not this one.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

I can't tell you how many times we have paused it to remind ourselves who someone is in each timeline. A lot of show I can multitask but not this one.
OK. I don't feel so dumb. Now he's his son who is a childhood friend in the future and related to her but only by 2nd cousins in the past.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm so excited that more and more people are jumping onboard. Can't wait for season 3 discussions.
PlanoAg98
AG
I've heard several people state this is one of their top Netflix shows ever. I'm assuming it sucks you more in as you watch. I'm 7 of 10 episodes into season 1. It's watchable/enjoyable but I'd have a hard time putting it in my top 5.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I would say it had grabbed me by then, but I'll also mention that S2 is the better season. (And it's the one which has a perfect 100% on RT and was I believe the top rated show of 2019.)
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.