Dave (FXX)

31,657 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BadMoonRisin
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Funny that Gatas real name is basically also shortened to Dave.

johnnyblaze36
AG
TresPuertas said:

and i'll be honest, when i saw Gata in tears in before the VMAs and not knowing where he was i was a little concerned that he was about to do something bad to himself.

A++ finale
I was way beyond concerned and actually convinced it was about to happen. What a brilliant turnaround!
MarkItZero
AG
After reflecting on season 2's last couple of episodes, it kinda feels like the producers were prepping in a way for the series to be canceled after this season. I think as a two season product, the story arc'd beautifully.

I hope they don't, but if the TV gods do frown, this show has been a wonderful ride and a great distraction from the all the other crap going on in the world.

May GaTa go down as one of the best characters in modern TV history.
Max Power
AG
So I finished season 2 this weekend and while I found the season overall to be full off ups and downs, there were a few episodes I just loved, including the finale. There were a lot less full on laughs, but I will also say that season 2 was a lot more thoughtful. I don't know what COVID did to the production but it felt like there was some stuff missing, I'm guessing they had to pivot away from some of their ideas. The Kareem Abdul Jabbar episode was straight up Curb Your Enthusiasm/Louis, it was awkward comedy at it's finest.

Also, I just want to say I think Gata is what holds this show together. He's the opposite of Dave in basically every single way possible and I don't think the show works nearly as well if he's not there. He deserves an Emmy nomination at a minimum, I just think he's so good in this show. I was very happy to see him pop up at the VMA's, I was worried.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Happened to catch the beginning of the Emmy's tonight after NFL and Lil' Dicky came out at the beginning with his own verse about the award show set to Biz Markie's "Just a Friend".

It was great and felt like it's all come full circle in accordance with this past season but in real life.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Season 3 kicks off next Wednesday, April 5th.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.