Dave (FXX)

31,728 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BadMoonRisin
Gramercy Riffs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The montage where he was having the pretend discussions with famous people he thought he might run into at the party was very well done. Just so much to like about the whole episode.

Probably my favorite part of a fantastic episode.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Rewatching these and I can't stop laughing at "Todd Dillerson".
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Two episodes in and this is hilarious. I had never heard of Lil Dicky before the marketing of the show, as I'm not a rap guy at all, but I can't get enough of Dave the comedian/actor. Great writing, too. Just so good all around.

Bruh, Lil Dicky is awesome... I bet you've heard some of his stuff:

You have to have heard this one:

johnnyblaze36
AG
Yet another strong episode tonight. This show is the perfect balance of smart, dramatic writing with over the top absurd comedy.

The rabbit scene was hilarious and the reinvention of rhea part was just ridiculous.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Love the show so far, which isn't surprising as I've been an LD fan for a while.

Not trying to derail the thread and make it not about "Dave", but if you haven't seen his free style from last summer when he was on Sway it's definitely worth watching... I objectively think it's the best freestyle I've ever heard... Dude can seriously rap
johnnyblaze36
AG
Wasn't it Sway's show where he dropped the Michelle Obama line on a different freestyle? He's genius for sure.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Haha yeah he did in an older one! He actually turned a good chunk of that into a song called "Bruh..." on an album a few years back. It's available for download on spotify, Apple Music, etc.
johnnyblaze36
TCTTS
AG
Finally caught up, and laughing harder at this show than any other over the past few years. It's just incredible. The bipolar episode with Gata was legit emotional too. When he finally broke down and told them and they all said they loved each other, I was seriously moved. I've never seen a show do both hilarious and poignant so well.
TCTTS
AG
Chris Brown is a POS, but even I have to admit he's pretty great in that video. The whole thing is amazing.

Ha, also, the restaurant at the 3:41 mark is Bludso's, a BBQ spot my friends and I hit up all the time. The owner's from Corsicana, I think.
TCTTS
AG
Holy sh*t.
johnnyblaze36
AG
TCTTS said:

Finally caught up, and laughing harder at this show than any other over the past few years. It's just incredible. The bipolar episode with Gata was legit emotional too. When he finally broke down and told them and they all said they loved each other, I was seriously moved. I've never seen a show do both hilarious and poignant so well.
Here's him describing that episode and how it relates to him in real life:

TCTTS
AG
Wow. I knew he was Lil Dicky's real-life hype man, but I didn't know that aspect hit home that hard. Good for him.
AgfromHOU
AG
Here's a Lil Dicky freestyle where he mentions Johnny Manziel

nickstro66
AG
Kind of figured it was coming because of Molly, but man the ending to that last episode was sad.

TCTTS
AG
The wedding episode was incredible. This is seriously some of the best writing on TV.
Seven Costanza
AG
End of the episode had a speech about keeping the magic alive. Beginning of the episode, Dave kills a rabbit.
TCTTS
k20dub
AG
Seven Costanza said:

End of the episode had a speech about keeping the magic alive. Beginning of the episode, Dave kills a rabbit.

And the "first" vegetable he eats is a carrot...
Silky Johnston
And it gives him the sh/ts!
AgfromHOU
AG
I think I reinvented diarrhea
TresPuertas
AG
Does anyone other than me feel like this has an extremely "millenial version of Curb Your Enthusiasm" to it?

I mean that in the best way but i feel like this could be LD if he was born in the late 80s
TCTTS
AG
I said nearly the same thing to a friend the other day, trying to convince him to watch. I described it as, "If Larry David was young and rapped," but "millennial Larry David" is so much better.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
100% agree. Can't believe I hadn't thought of that.

Him being out of touch with like, everyone around him, and getting himself into pickles.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I'm with the blacks.
CoachRTM
AG
Just watched the wedding episode. Fantastic episode - wrapped up extremely well at the end.

Would legit listen to the auto tune song with the girlfriend on repeat.
phatbc
Love this damn show. The weef and I are hooked.
k20dub
AG
Anyone else think the whole episode was going to be a rap video?
gif
k20dub said:

That would have been amazing
johnnyblaze36
AG
k20dub said:

I did. Just finished watching and I feel like that was one of the most clever episodes of television I've ever seen in my entire life.
TresPuertas
AG
TCTTS said:

I said nearly the same thing to a friend the other day, trying to convince him to watch. I described it as, "If Larry David was young and rapped," but "millennial Larry David" is so much better.
Ok. So I made my comment before I've finished the first season. In fact, I'm only on Episode 4.

But I can tell you that this is 100% this generations Curb. I just watched the scene where he smokes with Young Thug and he starts coughing and he starts asking him about being sick. It was the most Larry David thing I've seen since Larry David.
Seven Costanza
AG
Also had the same thought about Larry David.
classof08
AG
Holy **** this show is good

I'm not sure I've ever laughed so hard and then been totally depressed by one episode of television in my life as I was for Episode 9. It's brilliantly written.
gif
I'm so glad I saw this thread last week!

I remember seeing a commercial for this show months ago and just never got around to watching it. I watched the first episode last week and told myself I had to find time to watch the rest of it, which is difficult with a 2 & 4 year old. My 2 year old woke up at 3am on Wednesday so I decided to stay up and binge episodes 2-9. I love this show!

My wife hates me now because no matter what I'm doing I randomly start singing "hi I'm Dave, hi I'm Dave" and doing that little dance where he looks like he's running in place.

k20dub
AG
I've been doing the same thing around the house, randomly blurting out "hi, I'm Dave".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.