Stranger Things 4 teaser (with slightly minor spoiler)

96,383 Views | 843 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mazzag
Breggy Popup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prosperdick said:

frenchtoast said:

I finished Season 4 last night and really enjoyed it. I'm mad at myself that I didn't recognize Eddie's dad is Enoch from Agents of Shield until the last episode.

Also, Nancy is looking more and more like Edward Scissorhands.
Nancy needs to eat a sandwich...or heck, some french toast per your user name. It's a bit alarming.

Every time there was a closeup of her face I had flashbacks of the Gelfling getting her essence drained in The Dark Crystal.
frenchtoast
I watch all of my shows with captions on these days. Did anyone else notice the Lovecraftian language in the captions in the final two episodes? There was "eldritch thrumming" and something was described as "ichorous".
KidDoc
AG
Man she does look rough, anorexia is bad news.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
double aught
AG
frenchtoast said:

I watch all of my shows with captions on these days. Did anyone else notice the Lovecraftian language in the captions in the final two episodes? There was "eldritch thrumming" and something was described as "ichorous".
I did notice that. And then later, I saw a guy use the word "Lovecraftian"
Cappo
AG
I hope she puts a little weight on soon...damn.
Breggy Popup
AG
double aught said:

frenchtoast said:

We had fun with the hundred different descriptions of "synth music"
The Porkchop Express
Bregxit said:

double aught said:

frenchtoast said:

We had fun with the hundred different descriptions of "synth music"
Creatures chittering
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
jah003
S
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught
AG
Still works.
billyjack2009
Our 11 y/o daughter decided Mike was a waste of space in season 1. (We've binged the whole series over the last few weeks)
johnnyblaze36
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

How has nobody posted a link to this yet?

I'm no prude but that was shocking. Also, was that Elliot Page in the opening sex scene?
atag
AG
billyjack2009 said:

Our 11 y/o daughter decided Mike was a waste of space in season 1. (We've binged the whole series over the last few weeks)

My 12yo has his pic on her social media profile and thinks he is "so hot"
proudest member of the fightin texas aggie class of 2005.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This seems like a perfect encapsulation of what a difference a year can make at that age.

I remember finding Padme a pretty bland and boring character when I saw Episode 1 in theaters. (I was 11.) Needless to say I felt quite different by the time of Ep 2.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jah003
S
rhutton125
AG
Solid season.

Argyle sucks.
johnnyblaze36
AG
That was epic!
The Collective
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

That was epic!

Yep. Awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So awesome.
KidDoc
AG
jah003 said:

Rock gods are the best!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Or just stay off the thread until you've watched it. Not that hard, ppl.

I did this. I watched part 8 and 9 a few weeks apart due to an extremely busy month. Caught the finale over this past weekend. I am only now getting caught up on this thread.

Anyways, figured it was worth it to bump and quote. I treat ALL streaming show threads as completely spoiler free once the content is released. No offense to y'all, but I don't care enough to try to get in a thread to simply ask for non-spoiler stuff/feedback. I'd rather just watch it myself and decide what I thought.
TarponChaser
KidDoc said:

jah003 said:

Rock gods are the best!

Anybody else find it hilarious that even with the neck tat, if you saw James Hetfield out and about today he's almost indistinguishable from millions of other suburban dads. I mean, short hair, goatee, and doesn't dress outlandishly as you'd expect from a heavy metal icon. Just a dude.

edited to add picture
I mean, instead of jeans maybe put him in a pair of cargo shorts and how is this dude distinguishable from half the guys you'd find at the ballpark on any given day?

Chipotlemonger
AG
That was freaking awesome. Also, very cool how Metallica ported in the scene from the show to play on the screens with them while they played.
Stive
AG
Yeah…I got chills when it cut to the concert and they were showing the scene from the show on the screens behind the stage.

What an awesome experience for the guy and what a cool revival for the song and it's new group of fans.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I for one am ready for a metal revival*.

/ducks as the metalheads throw stuff at me and yell about all the stuff coming out nowadays

*by revival, I mean more like an increase in popular presence across society as a whole, not that we need a new Big 4 or anything.

KidDoc
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

/ducks as the metalheads throw stuff at me and yell about all the stuff coming out nowadays

*by revival, I mean more like an increase in popular presence across society as a whole, not that we need a new Big 4 or anything.

There is a lot of great hard rock and metal out there. It just isn't pushed by radio like it was in the 70s-90s.

Here is a spotify play list that was autogenerated based on my liked songs. These are all 2010- present.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1EQqedj0y9Uwvu?si=353ddd6a6c154de3

Chipotlemonger
AG
Quoting for posterity

Quote:

Chipotlemonger
AG
Meant to add the smug grin emoji.
TarponChaser
Had to go back through this entire thread to make sure it wasn't discussed and the Mrs. and I finally got around to binging through all 4 seasons in the last few weeks, anyway...

...the whole portrayal of the "satanic cult hysteria" of the 80's was hilarious. As a child of the 80's I had completely forgotten about how there was legit hysteria and people saying D&D and Metallica (and other metal bands) were actually worshipping Satan and there were always stories where somebody knew somebody who's cousin's girlfriend or whatever in the next town over was murdered in some sort of satanic ritual. Looking back it seems totally ridiculous but back then this crap actually ended up with Dee Snyder testifying in Congress. I think it all pretty much culminated and sort of ended as a phenomenon with the whole West Memphis 3. But that's debateable.
redline248
AG
I was born in 1980, and I remember being scared as a kid that a devil cult was going to kidnap me
KidDoc
AG
TarponChaser said:

Had to go back through this entire thread to make sure it wasn't discussed and the Mrs. and I finally got around to binging through all 4 seasons in the last few weeks, anyway...

...the whole portrayal of the "satanic cult hysteria" of the 80's was hilarious. As a child of the 80's I had completely forgotten about how there was legit hysteria and people saying D&D and Metallica (and other metal bands) were actually worshipping Satan and there were always stories where somebody knew somebody who's cousin's girlfriend or whatever in the next town over was murdered in some sort of satanic ritual. Looking back it seems totally ridiculous but back then this crap actually ended up with Dee Snyder testifying in Congress. I think it all pretty much culminated and sort of ended as a phenomenon with the whole West Memphis 3. But that's debateable.
Don't forget the Tom Hanks movie about it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084314/
Stive
AG
Yeah I had forgotten the Satanic Cult buzzes too but they were underlying every murder, missing person, graffiti, questionable sighting, etc that happened from late 70's into the early 90's. When it popped up in the show it was SUPER fitting.
Fenrir
KidDoc said:

Chipotlemonger said:

There is a lot of great hard rock and metal out there. It just isn't pushed by radio like it was in the 70s-90s.

Here is a spotify play list that was autogenerated based on my liked songs. These are all 2010- present.

So I thought you were saying you had a hard rock/metal playlist. Needless to say I was really confused when I click the link and find Harry Styles, Taylor Swift and Maroon 5 among the first artists I see on it...
KidDoc
AG
Fenrir said:

KidDoc said:

Chipotlemonger said:

So I thought you were saying you had a hard rock/metal playlist. Needless to say I was really confused when I click the link and find Harry Styles, Taylor Swift and Maroon 5 among the first artists I see on it...
Weird it must have linked funky or something. It is Tygers of Pan Tang, The Dead Daisies, Crazy Lixx, Halestorm, Pretty Reckless, Greta Van Fleet, Black Stone Cherry, etc.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.