Stranger Things 4 teaser (with slightly minor spoiler)

95,811 Views | 843 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mazzag
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KidDoc said:

TarponChaser said:

Had to go back through this entire thread to make sure it wasn't discussed and the Mrs. and I finally got around to binging through all 4 seasons in the last few weeks, anyway...

...the whole portrayal of the "satanic cult hysteria" of the 80's was hilarious. As a child of the 80's I had completely forgotten about how there was legit hysteria and people saying D&D and Metallica (and other metal bands) were actually worshipping Satan and there were always stories where somebody knew somebody who's cousin's girlfriend or whatever in the next town over was murdered in some sort of satanic ritual. Looking back it seems totally ridiculous but back then this crap actually ended up with Dee Snyder testifying in Congress. I think it all pretty much culminated and sort of ended as a phenomenon with the whole West Memphis 3. But that's debateable.
Don't forget the Tom Hanks movie about it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084314/

I was born in 1977 and until now was completely unaware of that Tom Hanks movie.
sanitariex
AG
I think it creates a 2010's mix based on music you listen to, right? I have a bunch of Texas Country on mine.
KidDoc
AG
Yeah must be right, when I try to "embed" the list it is a bunch of pop stuff that is likely overall popular on Spotify.

edit: Maybe this one will work:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1EIV2SvQfycrhP?si=98601c1b52e34112
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mazzag
AG
Stive said:

Yeah I had forgotten the Satanic Cult buzzes too but they were underlying every murder, missing person, graffiti, questionable sighting, etc that happened from late 70's into the early 90's. When it popped up in the show it was SUPER fitting.

I was a tween in the 80's. We had Chester the child molester. Plus the real story of Adam. And the d&d kids were weird.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.