2020 Concerts, who you seeing?

15,270 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aust Ag
Guppy91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starred every one of yas!

Seeing Oysterhead tonight in Denver. Certifiable SuperGroup. Stewart Copeland (The Police) on drums, Les Claypool (Primus) on bass, and Trey Anastasio (Phish) on guitar.
They played a Jazzfest after party in 2001 and it clicked, they did an album, they "reunioned" at Bonnaroo in 2006. First time together in 14 years. Stewart is happy to have the time off from composing opera!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oysterhead

Saw Les (on Jam Cruise 18) this year and saw Trey couple of weeks ago in San Antonio (Tobin Center). Can't wait to see Stewart Copeland live... "where the gods live!"

Obligatory Jam Cruise lineup:

jorgerr96
I don't dislike them but this whole situation is pretty laughable. I saw people refer to it as if it is more like a tax write-off. With plenty of tickets on Stubhub it clearly didn't work. I mean props for saving 10% of the tickets and adding up to $300 for charity, because why make a donation out of the regular ticket sales like other bands do (Metallica donated $10,000 to local orgs on every date of their current tour).

Iron Maiden, Radiohead know how to minimize resellers without pretending to be martyrs. Credit Card entry worked perfectly, and not many people knew the work around to getting those tickets the day of at the box office.

YouBet
AG
The Eagles.

Bought tickets for my dad as a Christmas present. It's bucket list for him and he almost cried when I gave him the tickets.
Know Your Enemy
AG
They say they've shut down 90% of scalpers so far. Hopefully that's accurate. Metallica charges more than $125 per ticket and plays much bigger venues. Most bands make no effort to help charities. Why criticize Rage for trying something different. Hell, a lot of artists are doing the dynamic pricing like this but pocketing all the profits. I don't have a problem with that either in the day and age where people don't pay for music anymore. The artists have to find a way to make up for lost revenue.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Please come back and share a review of the Oysterhead show.
Franchise04
AG
Jason Isbell and Billy Strings in Austin this August
Know Your Enemy
AG
SbisaVictim95
AG
Isbell @ the Bomb Factory in September
Proposition Joe
Junkhead said:

They say they've shut down 90% of scalpers so far. Hopefully that's accurate. Metallica charges more than $125 per ticket and plays much bigger venues. Most bands make no effort to help charities. Why criticize Rage for trying something different. Hell, a lot of artists are doing the dynamic pricing like this but pocketing all the profits. I don't have a problem with that either in the day and age where people don't pay for music anymore. The artists have to find a way to make up for lost revenue.

I'm sure it's putting somewhat of a dent in things, but they have absolutely no idea what it's real impact on the secondary market has been. 90% is a made up number though. What has contributed more to "shutting down scalpers" is that there is likely no value in resale for Rage above the $150 price point for uppers or rear lowers.

I like Rage, but they haven't put out anything significant in 20 years and their catalog isn't extensive enough to get the big "reunion tour" excitement.

All that being said, kudos to them for making an effort to give back. All of this "Rage has become the machine" is the standard tripe you get for every single artist no matter what they do. At ANY price point there's people who can't afford it, aren't able to get the seats they want, or just have something to ***** about. If Rage would have charged $10 there would have been complaints that no one could get a ticket. If they charged nothing there would have been complaints that parking wasn't free. Same holds true for A&M athletics... One year you've got people saying they built Kyle too small and they are terrified they can't get tickets, the next year you've got people in droves saying season tickets aren't worth it anymore and they are going to give theirs up.

Just reading twitter or facebook for any event and you'll see that prices could be $10/ticket and people would still ***** they only got 40 yard line instead of 50.
Woomfy
AG
Bayside w/ Senses Fail and Hawthorne Heights 6/30 in Denver
Know Your Enemy
AG
From what I've seen all of their shows sold out right away, save for the charity priced tickets. So even at $125 face value there is still plenty of demand. I know for a fact that a second show was added in Chicago a few hours after the first one went on sale. This reunion is a pretty big deal. It's not GNR level but Rage was never as big as them in the first place.
aggiedata
AG
Kiss puts on a hot show I heard

Proposition Joe
Junkhead said:

From what I've seen all of their shows sold out right away, save for the charity priced tickets. So even at $125 face value there is still plenty of demand. I know for a fact that a second show was added in Chicago a few hours after the first one went on sale. This reunion is a pretty big deal. It's not GNR level but Rage was never as big as them in the first place.

Yeah my point was there's demand at that price point for fans, but any "shutting out of scalpers" for the most part was because those scalpers didn't see any value in buying a $150 upper level or rear floor ticket, not because of the "charity ticket" strategy.
Muy
AG
Added the Stones last week as a father-son gift for my senior son and me to go in May. Took his older brother to the Joshua Tree concert 3 years ago when he graduated.
Muy
AG
goadius6 said:

Spent a lot of time trying to find the right Rolling Stones tix, ended up with upper bowl but row 12, tried to get best row i could in upper bowl. hopefully they're decent

Post what you hear, we got first row upper bowl at about the 50, hoping they are good for a concert.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Foo Fighters Announce North American 25th Anniversary Tour Read More: Foo Fighters Announce North American 25th Anniversary Tour | https://loudwire.com/foo-fighters-2020-tour/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

I guess I will try for OKC tickets.
Know Your Enemy
AG
And another for me

Primus To Honor Rush With 'A Farewell to Kings' 2020 Summer Tour
jorgerr96
Nick Cave playing in Austin for his only TX show. Pretty stoked since it is also in between both ACL Weekends. Last year I only had tuesday free so hoping to have every day from Friday W1 to Sunday W2 booked this year
BCSWguru
anyone seen the Shania show in Vegas? Is it good? worth going?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Junkhead said:

Foo Fighters Announce North American 25th Anniversary Tour Read More: Foo Fighters Announce North American 25th Anniversary Tour | https://loudwire.com/foo-fighters-2020-tour/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

I guess I will try for OKC tickets.
Got a pair in the pit. That was an easy onsale.
jrod2181
I have to wait for the next round of dates. Have 3 local pool tournaments coming up for vegas so until those are done i can't commit to any of these first round of shows. Knoxville would have been one i went to
P.C. Principal
Above & Beyond acoustic show in Dallas in June. Going to be incredible.
jorgerr96
got my Nick Cave ga ticket for Austin. Hoping that week gets more good shows to fill before ACL W2
Know Your Enemy
AG
Crobot tonight in Dallas.
dragmagpuff
AG
Just saw OM at Brash Brewery in Houston tonight. Band was great. Haven't seen that much weed at a concert since Sleep in 2018. I was impressed with the acoustics in a metal warehouse, which surprised me.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Any satanic stuff going on there tonight?
Echoes97
AG
Was there also, had a blast!
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Rossticus
Saw The Used in Austin this past Wednesday at Mohawk. Great show. Planning Bad Religion and Alkaline Trio at Stubbs on 4/1. Of course SXSW is coming up so who knows what I end up falling into there.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Friend of mine just sold me his Brothers of a Feather tickets at face value! Can. Not. Wait.
goadius6
AG
Illiterate Light on 2/26 in Dallas at Three Links

Just started listening to these two guys who make some pretty good rocknroll for just 2 guys.

Goes well with: Dr. Dog, Band of Horses, My Morning Jacket
62strat
AG
Metallica cancels first two Danny wimmer festival dates this year.

Tool and rhcp fill in for sonic temple, no replacement for louder than life yet.

https://www.metallica.com/news/2020-02-24-a-note-from-james.html?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=dwp_sonic-temple_ltl
jrod2181
won my 9 ball doubles for free trip to las vegas so booked
Gwen Stefani - May 1
Oryx
Dance with the Dead in Austin and Kraftwerk for the 3rd time at Moody
Jim01
AG
Built To Spill announced at White Oak 7/17. They've been on my concert bucket list for a while. I wore out Built To Spill "Live" in college.
62strat
AG
Damn... Devin Townsend frieken sold out Denver show 3 weeks in advance! Didn't see that coming. I got so close to buying but thought we might go somewhere for spring break. Now I find sister in law is coming here so I go to buy but it's too late.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.