Charlies Angel's Reboot - Why is this a good idea?

12,368 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nai06
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

M.C. Swag said:

why tf are all these politics board posters coming here?

We got over your wall!
Forum 16 posters....keep a lot of space between posts, remember your training, I will see you in the Terminator thread....

30 seconds...........God be with you....

First wave ineffective. Forum 13 is not open. Say again, Forum 13 is not open.

Shore party shore party, be advised, Paul Simon's Ghost is on the beach. Say again, PSG is on the beach.

Forum 13 exit right here. F16 posters, get on my ass and follow me.....

We're in business!

agracer
AG
The Debt said:

YouBet said:

M.C. Swag said:

We got over your wall!
there was no wall for much of the territory between the pb and forum 13.

Maybe someone should build one. A big beautiful wall...
and make forum 16 pay for it!!! : )
mazag08
AG
agracer said:

The Debt said:

YouBet said:

M.C. Swag said:

We got over your wall!
there was no wall for much of the territory between the pb and forum 13.

Maybe someone should build one. A big beautiful wall...
and make forum 16 pay for it!!! : )
We're already paying for all the damage we did to recruiting. We're out of money. Sorry.
oragator
Speaking of sequels no one asked for....they are truly bankrupt idea wise.

TCTTS
AG
Like all of Hollywood's ideas, it ultimately depends on who's behind them. I'm sorry, but you can't discount David Fincher. And bringing back the original screenwriter doesn't hurt either.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Like all of Hollywood's ideas, it ultimately depends on who's behind them. I'm sorry, but you can't discount David Fincher. And bringing back the original screenwriter doesn't hurt either.
Agreed, my initial reaction wasn't positive then I saw who was doing it. I'm intrigued.
Quad Dog
AG
Crazy coincidence I just watch Chinatown for the first time this weekend. It's on Amazon Prime right now.
bonfarr
AG
Hollywood will screw it up by hiring a British actor to play Jake.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
The Debt
bonfarr said:

Hollywood will screw it up by hiring an actress to play Jake.
fify
mazag08
AG
bonfarr said:

Hollywood will screw it up by hiring a Honduran, feminist, trans queer, to play Jake.
FIFY
Malachi Constant
AG
Aust Ag said:

The Debt said:

M.C. Swag said:

Banks blamed the films failure on white men and misogyny. If she kept her yap shut, there wouldnt be a tenth the talk about it.

Most would say "it looks like sht" "the reboot no one asked for" "a cast no one cares to watch". Seriously the biggest angel is KS who is only popular because of twilight. She isnt half as hot as any of the previous 6 Angels. Ironically she isnt as hot as Banks as bosleys daughter or whatever her role is.
I guess you have to be of a certain age and/or a Twilight fan to see what so great about KS. I don't see it all.

LOL ok
Urban Ag
AG
this is the image I had of KS in my head because I am 90% sure this is the only movie I have watched end to end that she was in

I had no idea this was the current look

meh.......
mazag08
AG
Bieber looks more manly than ever
fig96
AG
Y'all can at least pretend to act like you're not trying to confirm your own biases. The other post showing the women from this movie posted a photo of them in jeans and t-shirts while all the other Angel photos were in extreme cleavage mode.
TresPuertas
AG

You know who was sexy? Gozer the Gozerian. We should have her anchor our film.
mazag08
AG

Oh wait, they already did that movie. It bombed almost as bad as this one.
The Debt
Quote:

LOL ok
"omg, she bit her lip, I just creamed muh pants."

Put up ANY photo of KS and it will look like a sad imitation of sexuality vs other women.

?crop=3253,2440,x377,y227&quality=50&width=640

Nothing sexier than a flat-assed girl in a Hawaiian shirt and cut offs
The Debt
It's also worth noting you guys using images of KS outside of the film...as if red carpet dresses are what the audience sees.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I think some of the KS hate is because of Twilight, same with Robert Pattinson and Batman.

But this movie has 2 no names as well
Urban Ag
AG
fig96 said:

Y'all can at least pretend to act like you're not trying to confirm your own biases. The other post showing the women from this movie posted a photo of them in jeans and t-shirts while all the other Angel photos were in extreme cleavage mode.
I've already said I think she is sexy. I don't like her current look.

Bias confirmed! You got me.
oragator
It might end up being decent, who knows.
But it doesn't change the fact that it's yet another unoriginal idea that no one was clamoring for, especially when there was already a sequel, also written by Towne, and it bombed.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
oragator said:

But it doesn't change the fact that it's yet another unoriginal idea that no one was clamoring for, especially when there was already a sequel, also written by Towne, and it bombed.

We're entering a completely new world with the streaming wars. Get ready for more and more of this kind of stuff. Endless content and IP rom here on out...
TresPuertas
AG
TCTTS said:

oragator said:

We're entering a completely new world with the streaming wars. Get ready for more and more of this kind of stuff. Endless content and IP rom here on out...

I%92ll take the good with the bad. Streaming services have also produced several great things that otherwise wouldn%92t have been made by a major studio.
NASAg03
For some reason (because I don't watch enough movies) I kept picturing Julia Stiles when I read "Kristen Stewart", not really knowing who KS was.

And I kept wondering "how can Kristen Stewart ever be unattractive???"

Now I realize the error of my ways.

1) Julia Stiles still looks amazing.
2) She would make an amazing Charlie's Angle
3) I don't know who Kristen Stewart is.
4) The only Charlie's Angles I've seen involved Cameron Diaz.
5) After googing "Bieber in a Hawaiian shirt", I think he'd be a better Angle as well.

[img][/img]
NASAg03
Seriously. When Justin Bieber would make a better lead actress in ______ movie, it's time to rethink your casting director, and possibly the entire premise of your movie.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
The Debt
Sarduakar said:

I think some of the KS hate is because of Twilight, same with Robert Pattinson and Batman.

Um the Huntsman and Snow White and the Huntsman....where the suspension of disbelief is ruined because no one in the audience finds KS more bangable than Charlize Theron.
NASAg03
C@LAg said:

All the funnier when the guy commenting has "NASA" in his name.
NASAg03
Seriously though, what's your angel?
Urban Ag
AG
The Debt said:

Sarduakar said:

Um the Huntsman and Snow White and the Huntsman....where the suspension of disbelief is ruined because no one in the audience finds KS more bangable than Charlize Theron.
Charlize is a goddess
nai06
AG
I went ahead and saw this movie last night and you know what? Not bad. I mean the plot is pretty thin in some places but no more than your generic action movie. I thought Kristen Stewart provided some comic relief. The action scenes were good and I really enjoyed Naomi Scott. Overall I felt like it was a simple fun action flick. I think this would have done much better had it released in the summer instead of right before Christmas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.