The Far Side is coming back

16,685 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Thunder18
AustinAg2K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Diggity said:

This my all time favorite because it describes my son perfectly. He is crazy smart. Way smarter than I was at his age (10), but at least once a week he still puts his clothes on backwards.
Philo B 93
AustinAg2K said:

Diggity said:

This my all time favorite because it describes my son perfectly. He is crazy smart. Way smarter than I was at his age (10), but at least once a week he still puts his clothes on backwards.

When you read it back to yourself, did you see the problem with your comment?
Hey Nav
AG
Is there any indication that there will be NEW material?

He has always asked that his work not be put out there on the www, but that has not worked.

Is he just throwing in the towel and putting his work on his own website?
Quad Dog
AG
The site went live yesterday....https://www.thefarside.com/
Doesn't look to be any new comics, but posting old comics with some behind the scenes stuff.
https://www.thefarside.com/about/48/a-letter-from-gary-larson
Urban Ag
AG
rocky the dog said:

this alone, if released here and now, would end Larson's career

LMAO though
Thunder18
AG
Urban Ag said:

Diggity said:

Haven't heard of Bloom County. Similar to Doonesbury?
Honestly don't know as I never really got in to Doonesbury. I would guess similar in that much of the commentary is political/cultural satire. I think Bloom County probably appealed more to the right and Doonesbury to the left. Obviously Trudeau was doing something right with Doonesbury as it's still in syndication.

Bloom County was amazing, and even predicted the Trump presidency (albeit that it was Trump's brain in Bill D Cat's body)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.