****Big Little Lies Season 2*****

11,803 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Phrasing
mavsfan4ever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The whole interaction between ziggy's mom and perry's mom (merryl) is so weird and non-believable. If she was raped, I feel like she's tell the raper's mom to screw off and never talk to her, especially if that mom kept saying awful things and basically saying she doesn't believe she was raped. But it seems like she almost has a soft spot for her and may even let her kid have a relationship with her. Wtf?????
Bunbury
AG
I think it may be a stretch for the sake of creating drama, but it's not wholly unbelievable. Mary Louise clearly has a knack for manipulation of people similar to Perry (the way she candidly brings up uncomfortable situations and tries to catch people off guard). Jane's world is upside down because of the realization and then murder of her rapist, while also knowing that Ziggy's half-brothers are in the same class and now all of the kids know. I can see Jane initially agreeing because (a) she is caught off guard by Mary Louise's forward nature and (b) she is open to trying to give Ziggy healthy relationships to replace the void that exists because of his rapist father.

On a different note, Ed's snideness going up to 11 after being cheated on is pretty awesome as well. I love Adam Scott in the a-hole role like Step Brothers and Eastbound & Down, and it's a good turn from his low-key nature in season 1.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea I love the Adam Scott character.

I get what you are saying, about the rest. But to me all of that seems like someone trying to give a reasonable explanation for why what Jane is doing could possibly happen (and doing a good job of it). When in reality, she would immediately tell mary louise to **** off. And she would definitely tell her to **** off after she somewhat blames Jane for the rape, keeps mentioning how great and gentle Perry was, says the Jane may not remember hooking up with other guys, etc. Give me a break.

Won't ruin the show for me because I know it's just sort of a fun summer show with alot of drama. But it's pretty crazy.
pinkdog
Will be interesting to see the custody battle play out. That is a believable part of season 2. I wonder if they will ever have Jane in counseling. She seems to be one over due for it, even though she puts up a pretty good front.
chiken
AG
Meryl Streep's fake teeth are a huge distraction for me!!!

And I think Jane is allowing a relationship because she is a mother of a son as well. And like Meryl explained, she can't give up hope that her son wasn't a monster even though all signs point to him being exactly that.

"So what should we call that? Foreplay?" OH SNAP!!!
Hincemm
AG
Maybe I'm just not a Streep fan but I think her character is over the top.

Dern is outstanding though.
cab559
AG
This season is a giant yawn. I'm over it
beanbean
I keep waiting for the therapist to get drunk and start talking about Wild Bill Hickok.
AGBU94
AG
brucoh said:

I keep waiting for the therapist to get drunk and start talking about Wild Bill Hickok.
I am not going to lie. I kept expecting to hear a random "Co**sucker!!!." thrown in there.
Carlo4
AG
Here are my guesses for plot twists/crazy left field stuff.

Bonnie (Zoe Kravitz's character) is murdered.

We keep seeing a vision of her drowning at sea. I'm guessing it's not suicide but homicide. I can see pure accident, Meryl Streep, Reese Witherspoon, And Adam Scott all being potential.

Also, I think Jane didn't get raped by the ex husband. Maybe someone else in the group/Portlandia food ordering friend.

One of the twins nearly die by trying to kill the other and Meryl Streep comes to terms with her own son or admits to killing her young son in an accident.

ItsA&InotA&M
Two or more times I've heard Bonnie's parent tell her that they remember a past experience of hers and don't want her to repeat it.
Is there some big family secret in the past?
What gives?
beanbean
PDEMDHC said:

Here are my guesses for plot twists/crazy left field stuff.

Bonnie (Zoe Kravitz's character) is murdered.

We keep seeing a vision of her drowning at sea. I'm guessing it's not suicide but homicide. I can see pure accident, Meryl Streep, Reese Witherspoon, And Adam Scott all being potential.

Also, I think Jane didn't get raped by the ex husband. Maybe someone else in the group/Portlandia food ordering friend.

One of the twins nearly die by trying to kill the other and Meryl Streep comes to terms with her own son or admits to killing her young son in an accident.

Huh? They've have already established that Ziggy is a spitting image of Perry's dead brother. This theory doesn't make sense anyway. By Portandia food ordering friend, do you mean the asperger's guy she's dating right now? That guy raped her 8 or 10 years ago? No.
Carlo4
AG
Guess I have watched one too many Maury Povich shows where the mom swears he's the dad and turns out it wasn't true at all.

c-jags
PDEMDHC said:

Perry had a very visceral reaction to seeing her at trivia night. There's no reason to throw shade at that.
pinkdog
In the book, Bonnie's parents had a history of domestic violence which was a big part of Bonnie's strong reaction to seeing Celeste being beaten on trivia night. I'm wondering if the tv series is going to get into that or have a different storyline for her past.
SkiMo
AG
I was completely star stuck and went into creeper stealth mode in Paris a couple weeks ago when I spotted Laura Dern at the Musee D'Orsay.

Phrasing
AG
pinkdog said:

In the book, Bonnie's parents had a history of domestic violence which was a big part of Bonnie's strong reaction to seeing Celeste being beaten on trivia night. I'm wondering if the tv series is going to get into that or have a different storyline for her past.
Looks like based on Ep 5 this is going to come up. Those flashbacks to her mom shaking her, and then the conversations with her dad and him saying he tried to diffuse the situation surely hinted at it.
Phrasing
AG
That's awesome!
SkiMo
AG
Phrasing said:

That's awesome!
It really was. Being that she's been one of my favorite actresses for years, I was literally shaking. haha! Didn't bother her though. She was with her daughter and didn't wanna be that guy to ruin her time.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm really ready for this show to be over. I was really into last season but I don't really understand the point of this season and I dislike Streep's character so much it's a turnoff to the show.

When I asked my wife last night what she wanted to watch I knew her answer would be BLL. I normally pick what we watch as she halfway pays attention while screwing around on her phone. Just ready for it to be done.

Anyone think that Jane's new boyfriend is an undercover cop?
chiken
AG
Yes, I think he's an undercover cop after the ending of the last episode.

If you don't like it, why are you still watching????

and not to be an attack at you, but I'll never understand how people aren't as easily entertained as myself. It seems like a lot of people need Oscar winning performances in everything they watch!
ChipFTAC01
AG
I would stop watching it I think if it wasn't about the only show on tv right now that my wife likes. I spent most of last nights episode on my phone. And like I said, I really enjoyed both the narrative and the story telling and acting in the first season.

I don't need every show to be excellent. Hell I stuck with Sons of Anarchy and How I met your mother all the way to the bitter end.
ChipFTAC01
AG
And I'd bet 100 bucks that Streep will win an Emmy for this role because, you know, it's Meryl.
Teddy Perkins
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Anyone think that Jane's new boyfriend is an undercover cop?
I'm going to go with confidential informant. He got busted for something and now he's trying to work with the cops as a snitch.
TCTTS
AG
My thought as well. Not a cop, but obviously working with the cops.
pinkdog
Ugh, I am so disappointed about Corey! I knew something had to be up with him! Still unexpected that him working with cops was it.
I am tired of watching Bonnie walk and mope around and drown in the ocean.
Kate Beckett
AG
That ending was a twist I didn't see coming.
Txmoe
AG
My one hope for this season is that it ends with Meryl Streep's character getting impaled after being thrown down a flight of stairs.

Absolute worst part of this series is the dialogue they write for the male characters. I realize the men are supposed to be Cali-flaky beta males but they sound nothing like any man I've ever encountered.

Absolute best part of this series is the music. I don't know exactly how to define the sub-genre the creators are going for but they hit it perfectly every time.
chiken
AG
I feel like the creators are putting too much emphasis on the music, but that's just me. Maybe because the music is generally not something I would listen to if I had the choice.
ItsA&InotA&M
TCTTS said:

My thought as well. Not a cop, but obviously working with the cops.

Help me out here.

Why is it obvious that he is working with the cops?

And, who was sitting in corner of the bar that Ed saw?
TCTTS
AG
"Obvious" as of the end of last episode when he was seen leaving the police station, clearly alluding to the fact that he's in on something.
Phrasing
AG
I may be wrong here, but also in the scenes from next episode we hear a voice over of someone that sounds like him saying something along the lines of "they think they can get one of you to break" or similar. That leads me to believe that Jane finds out (maybe Zoe saw him there) or he just comes clean and lets her know what he has been up to.

Did anyone else catch that or am I imagining it - it's been since Sunday.....
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

"Obvious" as of the end of last episode when he was seen leaving the police station, clearly alluding to the fact that he's in on something.
Maybe. My thought was that he is becoming so emotionally attached to Jane, and is figuring things out for himself, that he is taking a preemptive strike here to keep Jane out of trouble for the cover up. Translated, he's willing to give the detectives inside info if they agree not to pursue any charges against Jane. White-knighting.
ItsA&InotA&M
Thanks. I'll go back and rewatch.

Do you know who the guy in the bar watching Ed and Lori(?) is?

Phrasing
AG
I think that was Lori's husband - the theater guy that Reese banged. Could be wrong, but my wife said thought that as well

Edit - to apologize for not knowing the characters names - Reese is Madilyn (sp?)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.