****Big Little Lies Season 2*****

11,695 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Phrasing
cab559
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Glad this is over. Trial and Renata were good as others have said. Not sure why we needed a 2nd season.
pinkdog
Not sure why so many disliked the second season. I liked the history of the characters that brought them to where they are today. I like that Celeste was her own savior, that she fought and dug her way out of an impossible situation. Wasn't expecting Bonnie to ask for divorceit could've been Ed. Some nice unexpected turns in the end.
mavsfan4ever
AG
What did I miss? Why were they going to the police station at the end, and when did they decide to do that? I missed a couple of minutes of the last episode so maybe I missed something important.
chiken
AG
What's her name that pushed the rapist texted everyone that she was going to the police station to confess and they all decided to show up and confess as well. That's how I took it based on the comments what's her nuts husband said about "at least let me drive you".

They were saying in the episode that the lie was killing them, so they were all ready to get it of their chests, IMO.
claym711
AG
This show was so bad in so many ways. Total waste of time.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Ah, guess I missed the text.
chiken
AG
it was very brief and not implicit. Nicole Kidman was watching videos of Perry and a text from Zoe appeared but she didn't click on it. After she deleted the video, she read the text and got that "look" like "oh caca, she's doing this."

And then when they all appeared at the police station, I just assumed the text said "Yo ho's - i'm telling the truth." and they all decided to come clean since they all decided to lie, might as well clear their names at the same time.
aggiepaintrain
AG
they could have saved themselves a lot of trouble and just went to police from the jump.
I doubt what's her name would have been charged
chiken
AG
they said that almost literally in season 2. But it was Madeline's knee jerk response to lie so no one would get in trouble and they all just went along with it.
PooDoo
AG
claym711 said:

How can you call multiple scenes of Adam Scott kickboxing a dummy a waste of time?
chiken
AG
I saw today that Nicole Kidmans lawyer in the show received a script that one of the main characters was supposed to die in the last episode, but obviously that didn't happen. She believes they didn't kill this person off because they want to leave it open for a possible third season.
redline248
AG
chiken said:

I saw today that Nicole Kidmans lawyer in the show received a script that one of the main characters was supposed to die in the last episode, but obviously that didn't happen. She believes they didn't kill this person off because they want to leave it open for a possible third season.

I guessed about episode 3 that Bonnie would die. They had a lot of heavy implication that she was going to snap at some point.
Bunbury
AG
Very satisfying ending, plenty open to imagination but also closure on any 'lies'

I was skeptical of season 2, but I was huge fan of what they did. Season 1 was a perfect arc, but season 2 did a great job of showing the fallout from the season 1 plotlines. They probably packed too much in for 7 episodes, but still super entertaining and compelling throughout.
c-jags
claym711 said:

We've been out of town for 2 weeks and just watched the final 2 episodes last night. Waste of time is a good way to put it.

It wasn't bad. It was enjoyable in fact, but very unnecessary. I don't come away with any more closure or enjoyment of the first season after finishing it.

I compare it to Matrix 2 and 3. I was happy with the ambiguous ending of the first. The next two answered questions I didn't want answers for.
Phrasing
AG
I'm guessing no Season 3 in the works?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.