Star Trek: Picard

26,170 Views | 217 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Atreides Ornithopter
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
who would have thought that in 2023, there would be a Star Trek property better than the concurrently airing Star Wars properties.
CondensedFogAggie
C@LAg said:

who would have thought that in 2023, there would be a Star Trek property better than the concurrently airing Star Wars properties.

Eh just air a 45 minute footage of Grogu chirping and playing with rock crabs, that'll flip the ranking immediately.

Only way Star Trek could top that is if Janeway, Picard and Sisko lead the alpha quadrant in a 45 minute ass kicking of the Dominion.
The Debt
I would pay to see an Odd Couple remake of Bashir and Garak
txagman1998
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I loved the Starfleet museum in last night's episode. But not so much the lab apparently containing James T Kirk's remains.
Wes97
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I loved the Starfleet museum in last night's episode. But not so much the lab apparently containing James T Kirk's remains.
What was up with that? The rest of the easter eggs made some sense.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Wes97 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

What was up with that? The rest of the easter eggs made some sense.
I suppose that's part of the reason it bugged me. What purpose would exhuming Kirk's body from whatever that planet was where he died in Generations? It's not like he was Picard, who had been Borg'ed and then brought back to humanity, and therefore might have been worth studying. Kirk was just a guy who died, nothing special. Plus it's kinda creepy in kind of a Japanese Camp 731 way.
JD Shellnut
AG
Didn't they steal Picards body? I'll have to rewatch, I don't remember anything about kirks body?
CondensedFogAggie
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

He was one of the best captains in history, pretty much a miracle maker with unprecedented experience.

If I were Section 31 I might keep his DNA around to clone him in case some super villain comes back.

Would I do it? Does it make sense? Nah, but Section 31 isn't paid to sit back and relax I'm assuming
Rocagnante
AG
JD Shellnut said:

Didn't they steal Picards body? I'll have to rewatch, I don't remember anything about kirks body?

Kirks body was just one of the vaults they passed, along with the Genesis device and genetically modified tribbles.
double aught
AG
Fun episode. This season isn't perfect, but it's light years ahead of the last one.
joerobert_pete06
AG
Ya I agree, I'm enjoying this season
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

While I enjoy seeing the gang back together again, I am glad this is the final season because CBS can only tug on the member berries for so long.

Speak for yourself, I wouldn't mind a couple more season now that the writers seem to have gotten the hang of it

That being said, yeah a spinoff with Seven, Jack, kid La Forge, some other young officers and maybe a couple of TNG folks as consultants is probably what will happen.

Make Reg Barclay a 2 star admiral that gives them orders.
All I do is Nguyen
If the writers of this season want to create a spinoff for Jeri Ryan I would be TOTALLY on board.

This season's writing has been simply amazing.
joerobert_pete06
AG
I think this series has been really good. Every episode is ended with a cliff hanger
malenurse
AG
Gonna miss Amanda Plummer just chewing up scenery every time she's on the screen.

"F*** Solids"
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Southlake
Very enjoyable. Who didn't love seeing the Band get together again?

Tasha Yar, where are you???
p_bubel
I rewatched a couple of episodes over the past few days and man, the Ro Laren parts are excellent. I think it's been the best bit of the season so far.
An L of an Ag
AG
Holy crap, I actually caught all the way up with this series! And there's two new episodes left!

VERY pleased so far! This season has been a great ride so far!
C@LAg
An L of an Ag said:

Holy crap, I actually caught all the way up with this series! And there's two new episodes left!

it is amazing what can happen when you give the fans what they want, and do it well
and you can still appeal to a new audience at the same time.
JD Shellnut
AG
Season 1 - pretty good
Season 2 - **** show
Season 3 - Excellent so far
EngrAg14
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

CondensedFogAggie said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

While I enjoy seeing the gang back together again, I am glad this is the final season because CBS can only tug on the member berries for so long.

Speak for yourself, I wouldn't mind a couple more season now that the writers seem to have gotten the hang of it

That being said, yeah a spinoff with Seven, Jack, kid La Forge, some other young officers and maybe a couple of TNG folks as consultants is probably what will happen.

Make Reg Barclay a 2 star admiral that gives them orders.
And turns out to be the bad guy during some episode.
In traditional TNG fashion!
An L of an Ag
AG
C@LAg said:

An L of an Ag said:

it is amazing what can happen when you give the fans what they want, and do it well
and you can still appeal to a new audience at the same time.

It really is! I was a huge Star Trek fan going back to the original series, the first movies - saw Wrath of Khan in the theater like 3 times when I was 13.

The Next Generation series more or less spanned my A&M years, and I enjoyed DS9 and Voyager as well.

When the reboot came out with Chris Pine, etc, I was SUPER pissed that it essentially rewrote all the canonical Star Trek lore that I'd grown up with. Never watched any of those sequels.

All this is to say that the Picard series feels like the natural evolution and continuation of the Star Trek I know.
CondensedFogAggie
An L of an Ag said:

It really is! I was a huge Star Trek fan going back to the original series, the first movies - saw Wrath of Khan in the theater like 3 times when I was 13.

The Next Generation series more or less spanned my A&M years, and I enjoyed DS9 and Voyager as well.

When the reboot came out with Chris Pine, etc, I was SUPER pissed that it essentially rewrote all the canonical Star Trek lore that I'd grown up with. Never watched any of those sequels.

All this is to say that the Picard series feels like the natural evolution and continuation of the Star Trek I know.

Don't know about the original series, but TNG, DS9, and VOY are basically shows about highly efficient committee meetings where all the participants are contributing professionals.

It's basically showing the pinnacle of human bureaucracy, not science and exploration IMO. The West Wing in space basically, or vice versa.

Discovery was a disaster overall though it had it's moments. SNW and Picard season 3 is more coming back to that formula.

Can't wait to see what's got into Jack lately and literally, tonight.
twilly
AG
The whole band's back together and its on a reunion tour!

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
All I do is Nguyen
I wish Ren Auberjonois was alive so he could cameo as Odo
No matter what
All I do is Nguyen
This season has been fantastic, especially for the nostalgia and memberberries, but it also sucks because they could EASILY stretch this storyline into multiple seasons. Yet there is only one episode left.
No matter what
jabberwalkie09
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

This season has been fantastic, especially for the nostalgia and memberberries, but it also sucks because they could EASILY stretch this storyline into multiple seasons. Yet there is only one episode left.
In a lot of ways we just had this series' "Best of Both Worlds" part 1 last night. They certainly have quite a bit of stuff to deal with from this episode for the finale.
JD Shellnut
AG
Ok, help me out here. So the borg ends up being the main villain this season, it seems. But I thought at the end of season 2, the borg with queen jurati are friends now? Didn't they even ask for membership into the federation? I have to be missing something.
CondensedFogAggie
JD Shellnut said:

Ok, help me out here. So the borg ends up being the main villain this season, it seems. But I thought at the end of season 2, the borg with queen jurati are friends now? Didn't they even ask for membership into the federation? I have to be missing something.

That's the other timeline/dimension borg.

This timelines borg has been normal/evil all along.

Yeah I was hoping from something other than the borg
double aught
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

JD Shellnut said:

That's the other timeline/dimension borg.

This timelines borg has been normal/evil all along.

Yeah I was hoping from something other than the borg
Nah. Shaw mentioned the Jurati-fied Borg earlier in the season and then said that the real Borg are still out there. So they're kind of just hand waving away the ending to last season which is fine with me. Give me old school Borg!
joerobert_pete06
AG
Am I the only one that thought this last episode sucked? After all the suspense the previous episodes and seasons, they revert back to the borg and the mother queen?!!
jabberwalkie09
AG
joerobert_pete06 said:

Am I the only one that thought this last episode sucked? After all the suspense the previous episodes and seasons, they revert back to the borg and the mother queen?!!
IMO the Borg being the big bad was a bit of a let down. I had hoped that the big bad was something of a combination of the Borg and the Dominion with how they present it. That would completely tie off the previous era (DS9 and TNG). With it just being the Borg I feel like we're getting a wrap up of TNG only regardless of other characters having been involved.
double aught
AG
joerobert_pete06 said:

Enterprise F! Enterprise D! Shaw goes out like a G! I don't see how anyone could dislike this episode. It was lots of fun!
Ag87H2O
AG
Seeing the crew together in the bridge of Enterprise D, and then rolling out of the museum to head off to battle was epic. Despite warping off on another hopeless mission to battle the Borg, it felt like all was right with the world. I wish there were ten more episodes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.