*** Walking Dead Season 9 ***

53,195 Views | 422 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AMW2010
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is time. My expectations are modest, but maybe the new show runner will surprise us.
Fairview
AG
I heard they are going to end it with a final season and make it badass.

Kidding. They are going to run it into the ground and I'll keep watching and thinking it has to get better again while consistently being disappointed.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Juan!
HTownAg98
Why is it so damn important to get a plow out of the Smithsonian Museum? This first half hour has been pointless.
ebag02
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Why is it so damn important to get a plow out of the Smithsonian Museum? This first half hour has been pointless.

It's damn important that they need to do stupid things over and over to cause problems that they will need to solve over the course of the season. Especially now since zombies are pretty much harmless.
Philip J Fry
AG
You can't tell me that just because commercial farms aren't running anymore, that there isn't a **** ton of food being grown in the "wild"
Ol Jock 99
AG
The bad: 10 mins of screen time pining for kid we didn't know.

The meh: museum heist

The good: finally getting rid of Gregory. I was ticked when we had more Greg scheming, but ah, finally justice.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Yeah, slow start, but good ending. Don't really like how they're starting to peg Maggie as a ruthless leader... will be interesting to see where that goes.

This show lost me a bit last season. Season 8 was my least favorite season of all, so I don't think this season will be worse.

I thought Hardwick was no longer the talking dead host?
Counterpoint
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

I thought Hardwick was no longer the talking dead host?
He was suspended during an investigation, but he was back for the premiere of FTWD.
Counterpoint
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

The bad: 10 mins of screen time pining for kid we didn't know.

I was going to get on Texags and ask if we had ever seen that family before.
Daveintx
Also,

In the museum, other than needing to drag a couple of items over it, every wide shot shown of the glass floor clearly showed you could have jumped over the side of the stairs a couple of steps up and went around that section of floor.....

For some reason that really bugged me
HTownAg98
Oh, and can someone try spitting out the marbles in their mouth before they speak?
Ol Jock 99
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Oh, and can someone try spitting out the marbles in their mouth before they speak?
Huge pet peeve of mine regarding movies and TV in general these days. I'm sick of having to use closed captions on English speaking media.
Olsen
AG
Kang did a good job as the new showrunner. I don't think I would handle another Scott Gimple showrunning season after season 8.
TXAG 05
AG
As soon as they showed the glass floor, my first thought was " what are they going to do to break that glass so someone can fall through it?"
beanbean
As soon as the ex savior kid and those other 2 kids were talking as they rode horses, I thought "welp, one or both of those guys we've never seen are about to die."
zooguy96
Meh, not even going to waste my time watching. It sucked so bad the last 2 years that it's not worth the time.
Bayside Tiger Ag
zooguy96 said:

Meh, not even going to waste my time watching. It sucked so bad the last 2 years that it's not worth the time.

I enjoyed season 7.
Season 8 was just plain bad though.
Trident 88
AG
I was looking forward to seeing them focus on rebuilding as they come up with new and innovative ways to get bitten by a walker moving slower than a tortoise. Instead, it looks like more of the same living vs. living stupidity.
NICU Dad
AG
At this point, I'm like a battered spouse with this show...just can't walk away.

How about moving the lighter crap across the glass floor first? Nope, we're going to schlep this heavy ass wagon first. Lame.

Up until the point where Maggie and Rick were talking on the porch scene late in the episode, I largely started tuning out.

I agree it was nice to see Maggie get a bit ruthless and then icing the cake by dropping Gregory like a bad habit.
Geriatric Punk
AG
They really should put a cork in this series after this season. Rather, they should have done that a while ago. Too many place holder 'sodes.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Good lord Episode 2 is so slow
Bayside Tiger Ag
Worst episode in a LONG time
beanbean
So they are going to end up making Daryl gay? I remember that was the talk a couple years ago and then it seemed like instead they brought Aaron and his boyfriend on the show. But now it looks like they are about to make Aaron and Daryl a thing.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Lol what? Did we watch the same thing?
wanewman
Best episode since 7x01.
Cy_Tolliver
They've been showing excerpts of unexplained helicopters since season 3 I think. You'd have to think that's leading to something. Of course, as bad as last season was I may be giving them too much credit.
Bayside Tiger Ag
wanewman said:

Best episode since 7x01.

Nice troll. It was an awful episode
DannyDuberstein
AG
LOL at log rolling zombie kill. Best z kill in a while
DannyDuberstein
AG
Also, LOL at that Napolean Dynamite-esque drawing of the preacher's organ girl
coupland boy
AG
I've not watched any of this season. Done.

It's good to be free.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Why??

• "We need a plow, we have one that needs fixed, and we have a blacksmith, but I have him locked up only to be released when I say so and sure I could have him smithing 19 hours a day, but what the hell, I have him locked up.
  • "Ok, we have a critical solo job. We HAVE to have the person doing this job to perform perfectly. And I know the right guy. The guy who just tried to kill one of the leaders yesterday. BINGO!"
  • Giant log...nothing going wrong here.
  • 2 words: Zombee Helicopter
  • Muy
    AG
    Geriatric Punk said:

They really should put a cork in this series after this season. Rather, they should have done that a while ago. Too many place holder 'sodes.

No desire to watch this season but will if I have time just to see this thing out.
    DannyDuberstein
    AG
    The preacher's character is weirding me out at this point. His personality has completely changed, and even though he can still see out of one eye, he walks around with this stupid looking Stevie Wonder grin all the time.
    mazzag
    AG
    Yeah. His character has run its course. Glad trash lady is still around though.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.