*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

809,168 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, if my theory from a while back were true, Anakin and Rey might have some kind of connection already if they were both created by the force.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I would be pretty peeved if Snoke is revealed to somehow have been more powerful than Vader.
bobinator
AG
I think he'd be blocking Kylo more than blocking Anakin. From what little we do know, it seems you have to get to a certain point of your training before you can communicate with/see the ghosts.

For example, Leia doesn't see them at the end of Return of the Jedi.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I just have zero expectation that Harrison Ford returned to film any scenes for this movie. I still think there was more of a conversation on that walkway when Kylo kills Han and we will flashback to that moment for context. Fans are not going to accept a reedmed Kylo without that moment re-contextualized to be Han sacrificing himself for the greater good in some way, IMO
bobinator
AG
I'm in the same boat with redeemed Kylo unless he dies in the process to save Rey/the Resistance. I agree the only way he can live and be redeemed is if that scene is somehow re-framed... but man that would definitely seem like working backwards.

One of the things I really hope for this movie is that it doesn't try to undo anything already done in the last two, just move forward.
TCTTS
AG
It's apparently one quick interaction and it sounds like Abrams got Ford to come back for it. But again, no idea how Han speaking from the dead would even make sense. It's a rumor I've seen mentioned more than once from credible outlets, though.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. I don't want them to undo or fill in anything from the last movie in that fashion. That always feels cheap. I think the only wiggle room for that is with Rey's parentage, but that wouldn't require re-filming old scenes or anything like that.
TCTTS
AG
Doesn't mean I'm not down with previously-unseen flashbacks, though. I'd just rather them be from before this trilogy.
bobinator
AG
Yeah for sure, in fact I hope they only use 'pieces already on the board' so to speak. I like the idea that something from a long time ago has come back to haunt the present somehow.
Urban Ag
AG
CJS4715 said:

TCTTS said:

You're leaving one out...

That's right. Still no mother ****in invitation to the mother ****in Force Ghost party. Inconsiderate mother ***ers. Pick up the mother ****in phone JJ. **** I do 67 films a year, what's one more? Mother ****ers.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
aka Palpatine
bobinator
AG
Yeah but I hope it's something Palpatine did or set in motion or whatever rather than just him actually being back. I still haven't really heard an idea/theory where he's actually back that I don't think would be kind of dumb if it played out that way.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I think clones are going to be the way they have to go. Its already apart of the mythology. Matt Smith is rumored to be in the movie and would make a perfect young Palpatine (since clones age at a normal rate according to already established rules). And then dead Palpatine can be a force ghost. Then we will have force ghosts fighting and real people fighting at the same time.....ok I see where this could be lame...
bobinator
AG
Yeah... there's a lot of things that *could* be possible, but every time I try to picture it on screen I end up thinking "yeah that would be ridiculous..." and I end up back at square one.

TCTTS
AG
I keep seeing Smith mentioned as some kind of acolyte of Palpatine who willingly lets Palpatine's ghost/spirit possess him, but Smith as a young Palpatine clone makes sooo much more sense.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
maybe Ian McDiarmid is only in with his voice and we don't actually see his force ghost, which is why they didn't have an official image to use for the poster? Or they don't want us to see his look for the film? IDK. That is weird to me if he is actually in it.
bobinator
AG
No clue if this has been talked about, and I haven't watched Rebels or anything so I have no idea if the timelines even work for this, but I googled Matt Smith and the first thing that popped into my head was that if I were trying to picture a dude that looks like Thrawn...
TCTTS
AG
Ian McDiarmid is 100% physically in the movie.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, are these spoiler tags getting annoying for some of you? Do we finally need to start a spoiler thread? Or are the only people left in the thread at this point people who don't mind reading mild spoilers under spoiler tags?
The Collective
AG
I think the speculation is fine outside of spoiler tags. Nothing here seems super ground breaking.
bobinator
AG
One thing that might help is if people are more clear about what type of spoiler something is.

Like 'this has been rumored, but isn't confirmed at all, but could be a spoiler if it's true' and then start the spoiler tag or like 'I read this on a leak on reddit that's basically confirmed, read if you want' then the tag.

For me I don't mind reading the former, but want to avoid the latter.
TCTTS
AG
I like that. So... fine to keep discussing, just try to better-label the nature of the spoiler outside of the spoiler block.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Sorry....haha
TCTTS
AG
I was doing the same thing.
Fat Bib Fortuna
As soon as the trailer comes out, we should start a spoiler thread, because certain rumors will likely be confirmed and that will legitamize certain sources.
TCTTS
AG
Works for me.
Living Legend
AG
TCTTS said:

Btw, are these spoiler tags getting annoying for some of you? Do we finally need to start a spoiler thread? Or are the only people left in the thread at this point people who don't mind reading mild spoilers under spoiler tags?

I would prefer if another thread would start with spoilers. Don't know if I'm in the minority or not
TCTTS
AG
Can we hold off for a week and a half? I'll tone it down in this thread until then...
mazag08
AG
bobinator said:

No clue if this has been talked about, and I haven't watched Rebels or anything so I have no idea if the timelines even work for this, but I googled Matt Smith and the first thing that popped into my head was that if I were trying to picture a dude that looks like Thrawn...

No way, for me it would be Benedict Cumberbatch
Dro07
AG
Cumberbatch for days
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
And with that, I think it's time we start a spoiler thread...
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
I'll put it this way... my reaction to that piece of info should tell you everything you need to know about its accuracy. Hence time for the spoiler thread...

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3065176
TCTTS
AG
Ha, wow. What do you guys think, does this "confirm" the 10/14 trailer date? Notice how the official Twitter feed responded. And yes, I'm well aware of the whole We Rate Dogs rating system ("They're good dogs, Brent."), and this feels like it's playing to that while also hinting at the trailer date...

First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.