*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

758,511 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why? Leai and Kyle are the last of the skywalkers... or are they??
Beat40
And the thing is we keep hearing JJ say how's thankful for the things Rian had done in TLJ. Really interested to see how he ties any of that in and how I'll view the movie on subsequent viewings after TROS.
TCTTS
AG
By the way, a big plot point in early drafts of TFA was that the heroes had to find some kind of clue/MacGuffin in the crashed remains of a Death Star from ROTJ at the bottom of an ocean. It looks like they're using that plot point here now, though.
wangus12
AG
*********THAT WAS ****ING AWESOME!.
wangus12
AG
I'm still holding out hope that Luke is gonna make an appearance
boogieman
AG
Beat40 said:

And the thing is we keep hearing JJ say how's thankful for the things Rian had done in TLJ. Really interested to see how he ties any of that in and how I'll view the movie on subsequent viewings after TROS.
Hopefully he's able to work with what Arian did and my hope is that Ep 8 becomes better by what happens in Ep 9
TCTTS
AG
We literally heard him with new dialogue in the trailer.
bobinator
AG
wangus12 said:

I'm still holding out hope that Luke is gonna make an appearance
At this point I'm 100% certain that Luke will make some kind of appearance.

I'm also roughly 100% certain that Anakin will make some kind of appearance.
oragator
Holy crap, yeah I will sound like a wuss, but where it says "the saga comes to an end" nearly brought me to tears.
Star Wars has been part of my life for 40+ years. Th original trilogy was a large part of my childhood and defined fantasy and what was possible for folks my age, especially boys. The second trilogy, for all its flaws was the ability to let me relive that a bit (the moment when the music and scroll started was surreal). I haven't been a fan too much of the third trilogy (won't revisit that here), but after decades of waiting and wondering if it would ever happen, it's here. And it ends.

I only hope that the finale does the entire sweeping decades long project justice.
redline248
AG
So much for letting the past die
Stewade
Staff
AG
Watched the trailer 10 times already.

Looking forward to the next 100.
TCTTS
AG
Ridley looks absolutely stunning here, btw. Like a proper, classic movie star of yesteryear. Again, there's just an old school CinemaScope throw-back vibe to this whole thing that I cannot get over. It looks sooo good...

CoachRTM
AG
Now I kinda wish I hadn't read that crazy rumor that looks like it might be real.

Oh well - still looking forward to it.
BuffsAg47
AG
IT'S PALPATINE BOYS AND GIRLS
bobinator
AG
To me that theory is one of those worldbuilding type things that even if it is true, doesn't affect what's going to happen in this movie much.
Duncan Idaho
First part done.....hope the second part doesn't come true

canadiaggie
AG
w-was that Sheev?
redline248
AG
So the planet with the pieces of the Death Star...Endor the planet? Not the Ewok's moon, right?
Jim01
AG
Agree. I found her jawdropping in TFA, but in TLJ I didn't for some reason. J.J. knows how to make that woman look like a goddess.
double aught
AG
I haven't read the theories you guys have been discussing, so I hope you keep using spoiler tags. I enjoy this thread and would rather not have to bail on it.
Cee gee
CoachRTM said:

Now I kinda wish I hadn't read that crazy rumor that looks like it might be real.

Oh well - still looking forward to it.

I wish I hadn't seen TLJ and TFA so I could be hyped
jabberwalkie09
AG
oragator said:

Holy crap, yeah I will sound like a wuss, but where it says "the saga comes to an end" nearly brought me to tears.

"We'll always be with you. No one's ever really gone."

That did the same for me.
Wheatables02
AG
Wonder if they'll reach into the comics/books where Palpatine's force/life essence moves into another body....
John Matrix
AG
double aught said:

I haven't read the theories you guys have been discussing, so I hope you keep using spoiler tags. I enjoy this thread and would rather not have to bail on it.
Yeah, I'm really glad I avoided those spoiler tags like the plague.
redline248
AG
Does anyone else think the title is at odds with the supposed end of the saga?
Beat40
I feel like this is going to be fun. With Luke saying they have passed down generations of knowledge to Rey - I wonder how that's addressed.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Also, I just have to say, I love the internet. I'm on a sleeper bus in northern Vietnam (weird flex I know) but even with a sh*tty ass Vietnamese data plan I was still able to watch the trailer and I think that's awesome.

Along with this: JFC. Daisy Ridley is scorching hot.
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

So the planet with the pieces of the Death Star...Endor the planet? Not the Ewok's moon, right?

Endor is a gas giant, but it has several moons. The Forest Moon of Endor was in ROTJ.
TCTTS
AG
Broba Fett
Palpatine is just laughing at everyone that's gonna spend a ton of money and be disappointed for the 3rd time in a row. Roll credits.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
KYlo appears to be gutting aguy in a cloak with a sword. Could the Knights of Ren have turned on him?
TCTTS
AG
bobinator
AG
Beat40 said:

I feel like this is going to be fun. With Luke saying they have passed down generations of knowledge to Rey - I wonder how that's addressed.
She has the books that were in the tree where Luke was. Seems pretty straightforward that she's the carrier of all of the knowledge the Jedi have passed down. Both literally, she possesses the books, and in the sense that she's the only living Jedi.
bobinator
AG
Looked like they were riding some kind of small speeders to me. Almost look like broomsticks, haha.
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.