*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

740,021 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Earlier this week it was asked in the main thread when we should start an Episode IX thread, and I suggested when the first official news drops.Lo and behold, a few days later and here we are with both the official announcement of the cast along with the start of filming, which kicks off next week on August 1.

This thread should be kept spoiler free for the most part, but speculation is of course welcome, along with any vaguely inform-ish set reports, pics, videos, etc.

Now, without further adieu...

Release Date
December 20, 2019

Director
J.J. Abrams

Writers
J.J. Abrams & Chris Terrio

Producers
Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Michelle Rejwan

Director of Photography
Dan Mindel

Editors
Maryann Brandon and Stefan Grube

Composer
John Williams (his final Star Wars film as composer)

Plot
Currently under wraps. All that is known at this point is that a relatively significant amount of time has passed since The Last Jedi (could be months or years) and that it will be the definitive "conclusion to the Skywalker saga" (meaning that outside of the announced cast below, I would absolutely expect a surprise cameo or two).

TCTTS
AG
And here are some likely/tentative key dates...

August 2018 - January 2019
Production, aka Principal Photography / Filming

January 2019
Likely official title announcement (based on past precedent)

Spring 2019
Likely when John Williams begins recording his final Star Wars score ever

April 11-15, 2019 - Star Wars Celebration Chicago
Likely release of the first Teaser Trailer

Summer 2019
Scheduled reshoots/pickups

August 23-26, 2019 - D23 Anaheim
Likely release of the traditional Behind-the-Scenes Featurette

October 2019
Likely release of the Final Trailer

December 20, 2019
Theatrical Release Date

April 2020
Likely streaming / Blu-ray release
AgMarauder04
AG
Duncan Idaho
???

Does that mean there are face dancers?
TCTTS
AG
It means I'm a freak when it comes to aesthetics and couldn't leave those spaces completely blank. That, and I have no idea what "face dancers" are.
AgMarauder04
AG
Did you create the graphic summarizing the cast?
TCTTS
AG
Yep.
Claude!
Either John Boyega has some of the smoothest skin known to man, or that pic of him is heavily touched up.
YouBet
AG
I thought Rose was dead. Maybe I'm misremembering.
AgMarauder04
AG
YouBet said:

Did you just hope she was?
redd38
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

YouBet said:

Hopefully they'll just mention she died in the opening crawl.
Belton Ag
AG
In
AgMarauder04
AG
redd38 said:

AgMarauder04 said:

YouBet said:

Hopefully they'll just mention she died in the opening crawl.
I'm on record as hoping she's walking across some random street and a speeder driven by Jar Jar hits her and drives her into the rear end of some animal, who then sits on her and the speeder, killing them both.

#pleasebabyjesus
amercer
AG
Only 18 months of **** talking until the release!
TCTTS
AG
SeattleAgJr
REY: At least I did not die like a little *****.
Madmarttigan
AG
Ugh just seeing this thread makes me cringe
Formerly tv1113
Presley OBannons Sword
I just want in on page one.

Last Jedi sucked.
TCTTS
AG
Can we PLEASE not this turn into a TLJ/Rose bash fest? I disliked it (and her character) as much as the next guy, but there's literally nothing else left to say on either front. Nearly everyone hated it and her, for myriad reasons, save for the select few who didn't. I don't care which side you come down on, or why, I'm just so incredibly sick of the conversation.

I'm not saying we have to keep this thread sunshine and rainbows, but it'd be nice if we could stick to news, rumors, and speculation of Episode IX as much as humanly possible. If you have something negative say about Rose, TLJ, or how little you're looking forward to IX because of TLJ, I assure you, it's been said every which way already. Again, I'm not bringing this up because I disagree, but because I and many others simply can't handle the conversation any more. That horse has been severely beaten going on months now.

Thank you.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Working Opening Crawl

EPISODE IX
QUIT YOUR *****ING

Rose Tico is dead.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Well this thread derailed in short order
Liquid Wrench
amercer said:

Only 18 months of **** talking until the release!
How many pages do we reach before the first trailer?
AustinAg2K
Any chance we see force ghost Luke battle force ghost Snoke?
AustinAg2K
I really hope this one takes us to some cool locations we haven't seen before. For all the problems with the prequels, one thing I think they did really good was show us a diverse spread of locations that really added to the Star Wars universe. They really made it seem like the were massive galaxies out there, all interconnected. I feel like the new trilogy hasn't done a great job of expanding the universe so far. The locations look great, but they really seem like they are just rehashing old locations, even though they are different planets.
TCTTS
AG
That's a great point. For a "new" trilogy, no location has really felt fresh or different or cool in an invigorating way. Really hope that changes with IX.
Page 1
SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

Can we PLEASE not this turn into a TLJ/Rose bash fest? I disliked it (and her character) as much as the next guy, but there's literally nothing else left to say on either front. Nearly everyone hated it and her, for myriad reasons, save for the select few who didn't. I don't care which side you come down on, or why, I'm just so incredibly sick of the conversation.

I'm not saying we have to keep this thread sunshine and rainbows, but it'd be nice if we could stick to news, rumors, and speculation of Episode IX as much as humanly possible. If you have something negative say about Rose, TLJ, or how little you're looking forward to IX because of TLJ, I assure you, it's been said every which way already. Again, I'm not bringing this up because I disagree, but because I and many others simply can't handle the conversation any more. That horse has been severely beaten going on months now.

Thank you.
then do not derail it off the bat by bringing up sore points from episode 8.

My comment was just as "cute" as your Rey/Luke exchange. Either we allow them or not.
TCTTS
AG
Fair enough. I'm my defense, I was aiming for a lighthearted laugh rather than the loathing that infests the usual discussion, but I see your point and agree that I shouldn't have posted that.
SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

Fair enough. I'm my defense, I was aiming for a lighthearted laugh rather than the loathing that infests the usual discussion, but I see your point and agree that I shouldn't have posted that.
I got that, and it is day one of what will be a long 17 or so months.
Dro07
AG
Here before the lock
TCTTS
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
Page 1

Crait's an interesting new looking planet without abandoning the authentic rural/westerny feel of Star Wars like so many of the prequel planets do
CoachRTM
AG
Like the poster above, I thought Crait was awesome and unique.

Canto Bright was unique and I liked it from that standpoint, even though the story line wasn't the best part of the movie.

Both the planet Maz was on and Jakku, while not nearly as unique, were new.

(Not in the trilogy, but I thought Rogue One and Solo did a good job with this.)
AustinAg2K
Even though it wasn't snow, Crait just felt like Hoth to me. I think it was because it was also desolate and they had basically the same military base. The First Order basically used AT AT walkers. It could have a different place, but it seemed to me they went out of their way to say, "This place is actually Hoth."
AustinAg2K
Jakku and Maz's planet were new, but they weren't any different than Tattoine and Endor. A lot of people thought Jakku was Tattoine. I actually think Maz's temple could have been cool if they would have spent more time down in the bowels of it. The first level was just Mos Eisley, but down below could have some cool creepy catacombs or something.
Last Page
Page 1 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.