*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

750,293 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Dekker_Lentz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The more I think on it, the more I do think it is possible this movie can give a satisfying closing to the series. I have no idea what it would look like, but I think it is possible.
AgfromHOU
AG
Holy ***** Only took 9 posts.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
It's time for TLJ ... to die.

Since the character is confirmed to be returning, there will likely be ample opportunity to bash her character for whatever stupidity they have her doing in IX.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Keri Russell.
YouBet
AG
I can't imagine JJ is not going to do whatever he can to smooth over the controversies in TLJ to end this thing assuming it doesn't completely retcon the story line.
chipotle
Rose
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Keri Russell.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I can't remember if Mandalore has ever been mentioned in any of the films, but after watching Clone Wars and Rebels with my son I'd love to actually visit that planet and society in one of the feature films. A society of warriors like that wouldn't just disappear and they'd make for a fantastic group of new recruits for the dwindling new resistance (or whatever they're calling it this time around).
The Debt
Why would warriors throw in with the purple-haired pansexual otherkins?
Average Joe
AG
amercer said:

Only 18 months of **** talking until the release!

Then a lifetime of *****ing to follow.
SeattleAgJr
The Debt said:

because it is easier dealing politically with the Resistance than it is wondering if/when the next attack might come from the First Order?
TCTTS
AG
tk for tu juan
Never realized that JJ was the writer for Felicity. Going to assume Rey is the child of Lando and Keri's character
AliasMan02
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

The more I think on it, the more I do think it is possible this movie can give a satisfying closing to the series. I have no idea what it would look like, but I think it is possible.

Just needs to have the joy and mystique of TFA and pull in enough callbacks to the prequels. End with a huge space battle and final confrontation between Rey and Kylo in which he is not redeemed but goes down in flames with the FO. Ends with individual systems doing their own thing rather than trying to create a single interstellar government, and the Jedi return but have no play in politics.
TCTTS
AG
If I buy your plane ticket to London, can you find your way to set?

Pinewood Studios
Pinewood Road, Iver Heath
Buckinghamshire SL0 0NH, United Kingdom

I'll let J.J. know you're coming. You can reimburse me after you're credited.

Because that, my friend, is the antidote.
Gigem314
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

It's time for TLJ ... to die.

Since the character is confirmed to be returning, there will likely be ample opportunity to bash her character for whatever stupidity they have her doing in IX.
Time to take Kylo's advice:

"Let the past die...

...kill it"
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
I might have ****ed Kerri Russell ten years ago, but all in all that is an ugly ass cast.
israeliag
AG
PaulSimonsGhost said:

I might have ****ed Kerri Russell ten years ago, but all in all that is an ugly ass cast.

wangus12
AG
PaulSimonsGhost said:

FancyKetchup14
AG
Render
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Dekker_Lentz said:

Just needs to have the joy and mystique of TFA and pull in enough callbacks to the prequels. End with a huge space battle and final confrontation between Rey and Kylo in which he is not redeemed but goes down in flames with the FO. Ends with individual systems doing their own thing rather than trying to create a single interstellar government, and the Jedi return but have no play in politics.

A good ending is possible, but I'm unsure it'll happen. There have been plenty of great solutions tossed out on this thread on how to end the trilogy on a good note, but for whatever reason, series' in this type of predicament never seem to land well.

For example, just going off what we know, introducing 3-4 "New Cast" characters may be problematic. There's not much time to introduce and incorporate them into the story in a satisfying way. (Unless they only have 2 lines like General Rieekan, which I doubt.)
The Debt
SeattleAgJr said:

The Debt said:

because it is easier dealing politically with the Resistance than it is wondering if/when the next attack might come from the First Order?

But the first order should ally with the mandalors, who have a bloodlust.

The resistance's endgame is tranquility in the galaxy, what would warriors do with that?
MaroonStain
AG
I would rip out the jaw of an ass and slay 1,000 radslamists to drink a dram of Keri Russell's bath water.
AustinAg2K
MaroonStain said:

drink a dram of Keri Russell's bath water.

I've never understood this quote. I would just f her in the bathtub. Drinking the water is disgusting.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Pinewood Studios

Well, I WAS just talking to John Kasdan on Twitter, so I'm obviously a DM away from getting an invite to set.
PatAg
AG
AustinAg2K said:

MaroonStain said:

drink a dram of Keri Russell's bath water.

I've never understood this quote. I would just f her in the bathtub. Drinking the water is disgusting.
Sounds like maroon wants to f her more than you do. Brush up on your reading comprehension.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Maybe it's just me, but knowing I get a little more Luke Skywalker on screen really makes me happy.

Leia as well, and I sincerely hope they've got more from her than just TC's prediction.

Spoiler alert: Finn is Leia and Lando's love child. He then becomes the coolest person in the galaxy, being related to Kylo, Luke, Leia, Vader, and Lando.
AgMarauder04
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Spoiler alert: Finn is Leia and Lando's love child. He then becomes the coolest person in the galaxy, being related to Kylo, Luke, Leia, Vader, and Lando.

No.
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

Pinewood Studios

Well, I WAS just talking to John Kasdan on Twitter, so I'm obviously a DM away from getting an invite to set.

Nice! That's awesome. What were you discussing with him?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
So how many of you guys are going to br upset if Reys parents are someone or if Kylo comes to the light, or even gray side? I hope for at least one of these things. If not the "Skywalker Story" kind of ended badly.
JCRiley09
AG
Kylo is going to be redeemed and dissolve away ala infinity war back into midichlorians. Skywalker saga full circle.

Poetry y'all.
AliasMan02
AG
What era he would like to write for another Star Wars movie.

jokershady
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Maybe it's just me, but knowing I get a little more Luke Skywalker on screen really makes me happy.

Leia as well, and I sincerely hope they've got more from her than just TC's prediction.

Same here! Especially with their being talk/rumors that he was unhappy enough with TLJ to be done with the series.

So happy he's going to be back. I thought I read somewhere (may have been Texags) that the "third lesson" he never got to teach Rey will actually take place in this movie as a force ghost.

But this was something that I read back in January that was full speculation.
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I posted that theory here based on speculation I saw on Twitter.
Last Page
Page 2 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.