*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

750,283 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really like reading all the theories... in the end, though, it always seems like Star Wars just skims over the big details instead of giving us a really deep explanation. The fans develop these deep theories that sound great, but the real answer is something they can quickly explain and then move to the next scene.

I remember all the questions and theories after Qui Gon didn't disappear (we previously assumed all Jedi vanished at death). In the end we were given 3 corny lines of dialogue at the end of Revenge that really didn't tell us anything.

For me it feels like we will definitely get a more solid answer on Rey's origins, but it's going to be dealt with in a few lines of dialogue... we will not get a detailed backstory for her.
LeonardSkinner
I'm sure it's been said before, but the little thought popped into my head yesterday. What if Lando is in IX for the purposes of revealing Rey's origins?
Flashdiaz
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

I'm sure it's been said before, but the little thought popped into my head yesterday. What if Lando is in IX for the purposes of revealing Rey's origins?

Just a couple more days until we have real news!!
TCTTS
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

Possible, I guess, but I'm assuming he's someone who's main role is to ultimately provide more bodies for the Resistance somehow.
The Collective
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

So, her parents are Lando and Falcon / L3? Falcon was just on Jakku looking out for its offspring?

Serious though, I did kind of wonder if maybe Lando dropped Rey off on Jakku for a buddy...
maroon man
S
Those are fantastic trailers. Gave me chills.

I was in the 7th grade when A New Hope came out and Star Wars has been a part of my life ever since.

Can't wait to see what Episode IX does to conclude this Journey.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
maroon man said:

I was in the 7th grade when A New Hope came out and Star Wars has been a part of my life ever since.

Ditto... well SW was the summer before 6th grade for me. Perfect age. Ep. V hit before 9th grade and Ep. VI before 12th. That was the perfect teenage years 11-17.

Dekker_Lentz
AG
On TCTTS theory:

Mara Jade was the Emperor's Hand. For the record, I don't think Mara Jade is in the movie, but I thought it was interesting. But as a side theory, if Qi'ra and Han has a kid and Qi'ra is working for Maul, it is possible that the Emperor could have gotten a hold of that kid through Maul which could then be Mara Jade. But on the more serious note I have thought about this Luke's Hand theory all day. It makes a stupid amount of sense. I can't decide if I will be disappointed if it doesn't happen.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

maroon man said:

Ditto... well SW was the summer before 6th grade for me. Perfect age. Ep. V hit before 9th grade and Ep. VI before 12th. That was the perfect teenage years 11-17.

One year behind ... summer before 5th, 8th, and 11th.
TCTTS
AG
24 hours...

512Ag
AG
Regarding the three-part theory (which I think is pretty great, but not sure it's likely to happen)...

To definitively end the Skywalker Saga, that means both Rey AND Kylo Ren have to die, right?
TCTTS
AG
That's a great question, which likely points to the theory being false. I just can't see them killing Rey. There's no way.
The Collective
AG
Have to keep her alive, so they can bring her back in 30-40 years
Flashdiaz
AG
next set of movies can be revolved around a bunch of people going on macabre scavenger hunts to find skywalker limbs. Geonosis has Anakins arm, Mustafar has another arm and some legs. Come to think of it, good thing Luke's body disappeared
Stewade
Staff
AG
TCTTS said:

That's a great question, which likely points to the theory being false. I just can't see them killing Rey. There's no way.
Maybe, but I could certainly see Rey sacrificing herself (possibly along with Kylo), a la both Luke and Vader, which I think some people have suggested here IIRC. And it's not like Disney is unwilling to kill off good guys at this point - Luke, Han, Ackbar, Holdo, and you know, the entire cast of Rogue One.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that's a good point as well. I *have* wondered how they're going to approach the next trilogy with Rey alive but not around. Even if it is in another part of the galaxy. So you might be onto something.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I have four goals for Friday

1) Suspend all operations of Muckraker96 Inc. from 11 a.m. to probably 1:30 p.m. for multiple rewatches of the trailer.
2) Be on this thread from the minute I get back from dropping the kids off until I have to go pick them up.
3) Watch the trailer enough times to see it in my head at all times.
4) Troll everything Spilner posts with demands for spoiler labels, even for things like "JJ Abrams has glasses with grey frames" or "There's a food truck outside called Admiral Snackbar."
The Collective
AG
I told my wife last night that my youtube history is about to be even more embarrassing than it already is.
TCTTS
maroon man
S
LOL ^^^ No film can make us less effective at work than the Star Wars films.

For the PT I read everything I could...browsed ALL the forums I knew of. There were virtually no surprises. Even had pirated copies of rough videos that looked like a bad VHS on a flip phone

But with these I have done pretty well staying away from spoilers BUT must admit I have been reading those damn blacked out posts lately!

Urban Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I have four goals for Friday

1) Suspend all operations of Muckraker96 Inc. from 11 a.m. to probably 1:30 p.m. for multiple rewatches of the trailer.
2) Be on this thread from the minute I get back from dropping the kids off until I have to go pick them up.
3) Watch the trailer enough times to see it in my head at all times.
4) Troll everything Spilner posts with demands for spoiler labels, even for things like "JJ Abrams has glasses with grey frames" or "There's a food truck outside called Admiral Snackbar."
I just hope Spilner doesn't end up getting kicked out or thrown in jail.

Spilner: Wow, JJ Abrams, what an honor...wow....
JJ: Yeah nice to meet you too (looks at name tag), uh Brian
Spilner: man, JJ Abrams, wow, I mean, like, my ***** can only get so erect....right? You know what I mean. lol.
JJ: ...um yeah...sure...
Spilner: I mean like, you know, #handlotiongif
JJ: Security, security...

Urban Ag
AG
Moment before they roll the Ep 9 trailer at Celebration:

Spilner: OMG, I can't believe I'm gonna see the trailer, for the first time, with the panel, at Celebration....
random guy to his right: Yeah it's pretty exciting.....
Spilner: I mean like, damn, they're gonna need a mop to clean up all the spooge under my seat....whew!
random guy to his right: ...wut? I'm sorry what did you say?
Spilner: gonna be a freakin yogurt factory over here, someone get me a roll of paper towels! Yeah baby!
random guy to his right: <fakes important incoming phone call, leaves>

sorry I can't help myself
TCTTS
AG
Abrams is going to show the trailer tomorrow and then Spilner is going to raise his hand during the Q&A and complain that seeing the trailer spoiled his anticipation for the trailer.
Malachi Constant
AG
TCTTS said:

Abrams is going to show the trailer tomorrow and then Spilner is going to raise his hand during the Q&A and complain that seeing the trailer spoiled his anticipation for the trailer.

TCTTS
AG
I can't see Abrams using "Force" again in the title, but who knows...

jokershady
AG
"Will of the Force" would work with the theories we discussed way back in the beginning of this thread that I think have been hit on several times since then....to simply summarize being that the force is trying to restore balance.

(Starts on page 5)
redline248
AG
maroon man said:

For the PT I read everything I could...browsed ALL the forums I knew of. There were virtually no surprises. Even had pirated copies of rough videos that looked like a bad VHS on a flip phone

But with these I have done pretty well staying away from spoilers BUT must admit I have been reading those damn blacked out posts lately!

I clicked on all the ones on this page. I have no idea why that crap is in spoiler tags.
Dro07
AG
Will of the force definitely fits
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

maroon man said:

I clicked on all the ones on this page. I have no idea why that crap is in spoiler tags.

Because...

tk for tu juan
Will of the Force? Who is Will and is he Rey's father?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
LIve feed of the conference Spilner is at tonight. I think he's sitting next to Ben Affleck!

WALTON LOADS!
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Will of the Force? Who is Will and is he Rey's father?
I guess he's that rebel Palpatine told his commander to fire at from the second death star.
wangus12
AG
The Collective
AG
Will boned Shmi
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Episode IX trailer game to pass the time:

First character we see?
First character we hear?
Last character we see?
Last character we hear?
Do we see/hear Luke?
Do we see/hear Leia?
Do we see/hear Lando?
Do we see the Knights of Ren?
Do we see a lightsaber fight?

Bonus Questions
Is it true? All of it?
Is it true from a certain point of view?
Can you believe Jek Porkins is actually Rey's father?
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.