*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

758,778 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Blue Lightsaber
How should I feel? Tell me now how should I feel?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was me on my sock account.

If true, kind of sucks I didn't post it on my main one.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AgMarauder04
AG
I want Rose to die in a hilarious way.
jokershady
AG
I like "A New Order" more but either way could be good. Hopefully we'll know soon
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I think I like "A" better than "The" as well. I guess we could potentially find out soon, seeing as if this IS the title, the cat's out of the bag and surely Lucasfilm would go ahead and officially announce.
Ag Since 83
AG
Better than any other idea I've seen
Flashdiaz
AG
quick , someone make this a hooded figure:

but really, I kind of like it.

and i'm going to go ahead and put this in tags since it's based on rumors that may or may not be true.
some of the rumors are that a sithy threat comes from beyond... what if Kylo and the First Order join with the Jedi to fight off the new threat to get them back to a clone wars situation
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How very Game of Thrones.
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

How very Game of Thrones.
I haven't watched 1 episode of Game of Thrones but sounds like i'd like it.

hell, you can even make Finn relevant as he was the first Storm Trooper to 'wake up'. TLJ had cut scenes where other Storm Troopers started questioning the First order. you could have the Storm Troopers start to have a conscious and fight with the jedi to bring about a new republic as it was before the dark times. Full circle and such. and kill off the skywaker bloodline and everything will be as it was before Anakin
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, we were kind of openly discussing all this a page or two back. That said, it sounds like the idea is for this "threat from beyond" to first challenge Kylo, potentially. I didn't quite understand, but it sounded like the Knights of Ren return from "the beyond" and either they challenge Kylo or something follows them back and challenges Kylo. I could be totally off, though. This all apparently originated from Making Star Wars, and those guys simply aren't very good at explaining things coherently. They're definitely well-sources fanboys first and foremost, but not at all journalists.
Flashdiaz
AG
yeah I put my stuff in spoilers thought because i'm pretty sure i'm right lol.
AliasMan02
AG
Actually laughed out loud at this.

redline248
AG
Y'all sure it's not New World Order?

For life!!
AliasMan02
AG
jokershady
AG
Well **** I hope that's not "Hollywood speak" that actually means they haven't figured out what to call it yet....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Man I love Daisy.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
First official pic from set... on the final day of filming.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Looks like Daisy shed some pounds...
TCTTS
AG
I'd say this also confirms the rumored return to Jakku. Why they need to come back, I have no idea. I would say it has something to do with Rey's heritage, but again, I think we're past that, and remember that Poe was already there on another mission to kick the movie off. Maybe Lor San Tekka comes back into play?
AliasMan02
AG
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

I'd say this also confirms the rumored return to Jakku. Why they need to come back, I have no idea. I would say it has something to do with Rey's heritage, but again, I think we're past that, and remember that Poe was already there on another mission to kick the movie off. Maybe Lor San Tekka comes back into play?
looks like she's got her bo staff back with her....but didn't she leave it on the island with Luke in VIII? After the little training scene where she ditches it for the light saber we never see it again.

Also, hair seems to be the same as VII. Flashback scene perhaps?

And who's the third dude in that picture?
TCTTS
AG
That's Poe (Oscar Isaac). And it's definitely not a flashback. She has a slightly different wardrobe, Poe's wearing the same wardrobe from some paparazzi pics on set a few weeks ago, and Finn's har is longer. As for the bo staff, I can't remember, but if she did leave it, it's not that hard to acquire or make a new/better one.
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

That's Poe (Oscar Isaac). And it's definitely not a flashback. She has a slightly different wardrobe, Finn's wearing the same wardrobe from some paparazzi pics on set a few weeks ago, and Finn's har is longer. As for the bo staff, I can't remember, but if she did leave it, it's not that hard to acquire or make a new/better one.
TCTTS
AG
A few minor-but-interesting tidbits...

nosoupforyou
AG
Does anyone think this one will be good? Episode 8 was such a disappointment - sure hope the finish it strong!
AgMarauder04
AG
nosoupforyou said:

Does anyone think this one will be good? Episode 8 was such a disappointment - sure hope the finish it strong!

VII was good. Not great, but good and this is also JJ. yes. It will be good.
The Collective
AG
I expect it will be entertaining.
The Collective
AG
Have any of you watched TFA and TLJ back to back? I haven't tried yet, but figure it will be difficult given the tone difference.
TCTTS
AG
nosoupforyou said:

• Rian Johnson is gone and has absolutely nothing to do with this one.
  • Echoing the above, Abrams is back at the helm, and I imagine he has a lot left in the tank, as he's always seemed antsy to revisit this world, like he didn't quite get to finish what he started with TFA, ran out of time, had other ideas he wanted to explore, etc. In other words, based on multiple reports, it sounds like there were a lot of constraints on TFA, both in the production schedule and on the story itself, given how much drama there was behind the scenes (not in terms of conflicting personalities or anything like that, just the reality of the situation).
  • I wasn't the biggest fan of TFA overall, but it was at least fun, moved at a fast clip, and had some great moments. TLJ was literally all about stalling and inaction, where Abrams is the exact opposite. No other blockbuster director pushes his stories faster and with as much energy.
  • This is also one of the rare times - according to Abrams himself - that he's ever gone into a huge movie like this with a locked/finished script months before production. In the past, because of scheduling issues, he was more often than not either playing catch-up on the fly and/or rewriting well into production, especially on TFA. Knowing that they had the time to (hopefully) get the script right this go around, sit with it and make changes long before production, etc., should, in theory, contribute to a better product.
  • As has been discussed before, I think the "clean slate" nature of IX will hopefully work to its advantage as well. Abrams has little to "honor" from TLJ, is setting this one months if not a year or so later, and can almost treat it as a completely new "arc" or somewhat "contained" (in terms of story not spectacle) saga finale.
  • Speaking of, I'm also interested to see how Abrams ends a franchise, as he's only ever been tasked with beginnings and middles of franchises (the Lost pilot, the first two Star Trek reboot movies, and the third Mission: Impossible movie). I'm cautiously optimistic that, in getting to flex this new muscle, so to speak, he'll be able utilize his strengths in a fresh way in order to bring it all home in a fun and exciting manner. We shall see.
AgMarauder04
AG
8 edits.

Well said.
TCTTS
AG
All things considered, that's actually a low edit count for me.
The Collective
AG
Well, you've got me excited.
First Page Last Page
Page 27 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.