*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

819,458 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think I hear Maul, Dooku, Snoke, Palps, and Vader
Maybe not in that order though. Is that right?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I agree with all above.
TCTTS
AG
"It is time... that she learn... her story."

tk for tu juan
Here's a story, of a lovely lady
She was raising the levels of her force
She didn't have hair of gold, like her...
jr15aggie
AG
Time to learn her story... then she looks at her right hand!

Nice shot trailer people! They know we've all been talking about the "cloned from Luke's severed right hand" theory since TFA.

The hand, the lightsaber... "A good question, for another time". Hmm... well, we'll find out I guess.

And just to clarify, since everybody is super sensitive being so close to release, I've seen absolutely zero spoilers/theories so I'm not pretending to hint/not hint anything here. I'm simply going off old conversations we've been having for 4 years now and that trailer shot was definitely on purpose, but it could still just be them messing with us!
TCTTS
AG
I stupidly didn't even make the right hand connection to "her story," but yeah, you're so right. Wow.
bobinator
AG
I assume that spot is trolling
jokershady
AG
tk for tu juan
The exclusive Fortnite scene was mainly just the Jedi mind trick on the Stormtroopers scene, but the lightsaber battle after was fun until the game crashed.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

"It is time... that she learn... her story."

"I know who you are. I know the rest of your story."

They are REALLY selling this whole Rey's "story"/right hand thing...

TCTTS
AG
Pretty cool to see. The director of Dawn - one of the projects I'm producing - with her story of how she became involved with TROS. JJ's call back in the final paragraph, especially, is so good...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-victoria-mahoney-became-first-female-star-wars-director-guest-column-1260385
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/12/j-j-abrams-teases-ahsoka-tano-cameo-in-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker.html
Saul Goodman
AG
Cool story. I don't know his reputation in the industry, but from the outside, JJ seems like a really good dude.
jokershady
AG
He seems like the kind of guy who "gets" the fans of a series.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, he really does.
Dro07
AG
Don't... please don't do that to me
Belton Ag
AG
My daughter would freak out in the theater is Ahsoka shows up in TROS, that's her favorite non-movie character. My guess is that she'll probably be in the background of a scene like the one with Lando sitting amongst the crowd of people.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, exactly. I wouldn't expect a line of dialogue or even a close up. I'd say background at best.
exitone
AG
Came here to post this.
Would love this.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Whole new 60 seconds of Rey, Finn, Poe landing on Kylo's ship.

New commercial starts at 0:31 with lots of new ship footage and an additional line of dialogue from Leia that they pulled from TFA.

TCTTS
AG

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/star-wars-skywalker-chris-terrio-interview-925410/
jokershady
AG
Not watching anything
Fat Bib Fortuna

SHEEV!
jr15aggie
AG
Does anybody else get the feeling there is no way to properly prepare ourselves for this "finale"?

I mean, look, I'm a child of the 80s... my PawPaw (who's been gone for 30 years now) was the first person in my family with a VHS player and trips to their house meant watching all three Star Wars Movies, Rocky III, and Poltergiest before we left on Sunday.

Star Wars, the toys, the bedsheets, the Atari games, the lunch boxes, were my childhood. Good or bad this is the conclusion.

I guess, huh... wow, is all I can say. It's just a movie, but at the same time, it's more than that.

Happy watching everybody.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Pretty good approximation of a sizzle roll we never got here: 7 minutes of BTS

Prepare to get your heart broken at the 3:35 mark seeing Billie Lourd in Leia's ROTJ costume and hair

tk for tu juan
The entire Fortnite event from earlier today, trailer part starts around 7:30, Sith at 11:28, and light sabers at end.

jokershady
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Pretty good approximation of a sizzle roll we never got here: 7 minutes of BTS

Prepare to get your heart broken at the 3:35 mark seeing Billie Lourd in Leia's ROTJ costume and hair

I had a different ROTJ costume in my head.... lol. That would have been weird though. This makes sense.
AMW2010
AG
New tv spot just dropped during the Texans game that I had never seen... new scenes and the music was from a new hope?
The Collective
AG
Hmmmm.... imma need video.
TCTTS
AG
Random, I know, but with the premiere tomorrow, today is the last day we won't know the basic, general consensus on each of the nine Skywalker saga movies. In other words, today is last day that we won't know whether TROS sucks or not.
The Collective
AG
This spot.
Fat Bib Fortuna
TCTTS said:

Random, I know, but with the premiere tomorrow, today is the last day we won't know the basic, general consensus on each of the nine Skywalker saga movies. In other words, today is last day that we won't know whether TROS sucks or not.

Wouldn't it be when each one of us sees it that we know if it sucks or not? My opinion isn't going to be based on those of random people on Twitter that get to see it 5 days early. I could put together a 5 person texags dream team and mop the floor with any 5 critics when it comes to star wars lore, trivia, and what makes it truly special.
TCTTS
AG
Good gosh, I knew someone was going to post something like this. It was just an innocent observation; another way of saying, "Tomorrow, we'll finally have some idea of what this movie is." No one is challenging your SW knowledge or saying your opinion doesn't count. That said, it's not just a bunch of cold, cliched, calculating critics attending the premiere. Disney has also invited a ton of the fanboy journalist and bloggers and what not. Some very "real" and legit SW enthusiasts will be seeing it and weighing in tomorrow as well.
First Page Last Page
Page 173 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.