***HBO**Sharp Objects******

40,276 Views | 380 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by oragator
f burg ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She was staring at the writing on her wrist.
OldArmy71
AG
Ah, thank you.
Pignorant
AG
I think it said "call mom".

She wanted Camille to see it.
TCTTS
AG
Now THAT was a finale. What a great two last episodes. And pilot. If only everything in between had been on the same level and had as much focus.
TCTTS
AG
Richard didn't know her boss. Remember, last episode Camille called her boss and told him her mom was the killer. So her boss clearly then contacted Richard.
TCTTS
AG
Also, why is everyone using spoiler tags? We never use spoiler tags in show threads.
Tonyperkis
AG
That was phenomenal, wow
TyHolden
AG
Who was the killer?
beanbean
Meh
PooDoo
AG
There were a lot of molars on that floor.
TV Casualty
AG
DSAg44 said:

Who was the killer?

Amma was a hired contract killer for the FBI.
BenFiasco14
AG
So is it safe to assume Amma killed that new girl at the end? Yes I watched through the credits.

Very eerie final shot showing Amma as the woman in white. Gave me goosebumps

Checking out that muschausen documentary someone recommended a few pages back. Disturbing.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
PooDoo
AG
The credits scenes showed Amma choking the black girl against a chain link fence.

Also showed Amma and the roller girls killing the one girl at the pond and the other under the brothers couch.

pinkdog
Things I liked about the show: use of the words, use of the setting/town, overall premise and creepy mood throughout.
Things I disliked: holes in the story or something not done well. Like words on Camille's back couldn't have been done by Camille. How could the other girls have been persuaded to help Amma? Richard being a detective yet not realizing the scars on Camille even after being physical with her. The town having a Calhoun day with a simulated rape being too over the top and unbelievable.
BenFiasco14
AG
Yeah, I'm usually not a big nit picker but the words on Camille's back really bothered me. Someone else had to have done them, I find it physically impossible she was able to. But then, it all looked like the same hand writing. Really bugged me for some reason.
MBAR
AG
We're not talking penmanship here. We're talking etching some straight lines on your back with a knife. Hardly impossible given a couple of mirrors and a knife.
PooDoo
AG
I bet you couldn't do it with a Sharpie.
ItsA&InotA&M
1) The title of the final episode "Milk". Alan forced Camille to eat supper with the family. Camille drank milk at supper, got sick immediately afterwards and Andora began treating her with the blue liquid My thinking is that Andora (and possibly Alan) wanted Camille dead quickly

2) Also, IIRC, there was a scene in an earlier episode that indicated (at least to me) that Alan was sexuality abusing one or more of the daughters. It showed him downstairs late at night removing his shirt and then standing in the doorway of one of the sleeping girls.
That was one screwed up house hold.
Hey Nav
AG
Made me remember this crazy MBP person, who was in Kerrville for awhile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genene_Jones

f burg ag
AG
I did not feel that she was sick. It appeared to me that she was pretending so that she could distract Adora away from Amma.
ItsA&InotA&M
You could be correct. I was just looking for tie in to Milk.
Mozart Paintings
AG
did the new friend back in St Louis have Milk on her hand when she was eating dinner with Amma and Cammille?
PooDoo
AG
I thought it said Call Mom
Bunk Moreland
f burg ag said:

I did not feel that she was sick. It appeared to me that she was pretending so that she could distract Adora away from Amma.

No she was sick. The FBI agent said it was rat poison. Amma was able to play around with it more because she had built up a tolerance to it over time but Camille had never been given it, as Adora explained she "never needed her mother" like the others did.

Then Adora was overdoing the dosage. Camille did it to try and save Amma, but Amma's dumbass didn't go anywhere.

I'm a bit hazy on if Camille had a plan to escape/knew someone would come looking for her or if she was just going to see wtf happened and if she died saving Amma, then so be it.
dave94
AG
But did she fake being sick initially or was there something actually in the milk at dinner?

I think she did fake that part to distract Adora from staying by Amma's side.
Bunk Moreland
dave94 said:

But did she fake being sick initially or was there something actually in the milk at dinner?

I actually think she did fake that part to distract Adora from staying by Amma's side.

Ohhh, yes yes. that was fake at the table I am pretty sure. She saw Adora going to drug Amma up again and immediately knew she'd get Adora's attention if she went "sick" because Adora has never been able to get Camille like that.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly how I interpreted it as well.
MBAR
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

f burg ag said:

No she was sick. The FBI agent said it was rat poison. Amma was able to play around with it more because she had built up a tolerance to it over time but Camille had never been given it, as Adora explained she "never needed her mother" like the others did.

Then Adora was overdoing the dosage. Camille did it to try and save Amma, but Amma's dumbass didn't go anywhere.

I'm a bit hazy on if Camille had a plan to escape/knew someone would come looking for her or if she was just going to see wtf happened and if she died saving Amma, then so be it.
Yeah she was getting poisoned after she faked it at the dinner table to help Amma
EDIT

Saw you already posted this. I agree that's how it played out.
Old Tom Morris
Feels like it took 8 hours to watch a 2 hour movie.

Camille sacrified herself to intervene and prevent Amma from getting more. Then she's also useful for being able to provide direct evidence and testimony of poisoning, as a victim. So she fakes the initial illness to provide short and long term help for Amma, although doing it nearly killed her since the plan to get help sucked
claym711
AG
Well acted but crap writing for the most part. Took 8 episodes to tell a 2 episode story.

So Camille was going to trap her mother via taking the poison, and kept taking it, but had zero plan on how to prove it? Gave up her phone, didn't even try to spit out any poison as it got dangerous, etc.? The younger sister pulled teeth? Ya ok.

And the post credits scene was so unbelievably heavy handed, absurd.
Old Tom Morris
Agree. I guess we just have to assume she was willing to take so much that she'd die and then hope the detective figured it out? That became the plan? Stupid.

And taking as long as they did to progress this story, then pulling credit reveals? WTF is that crap.
mazzag
AG
I thought anti freeze was one of her poisons and maybe I'm wrong but it's worse to throw that up?
claym711
AG
She could have simply, for instance, spit out that last spoonful she so willingly took in the tub. But, I guess she was banking on the idea that the brief interaction with her boss was enough for to convince him to call the town cop and detective, who were able to fart out a warrant.

I mean, setting aside how the girl pulled teeth out of a fresh body, how did she even transport the body into town?

Story about damaged people via Munchausen proxy ends up with a serial killer HS girl, and if the tooth wasn't enough - here is a scene of her in the act of murder, just to tie the knot for you.

What was the point of the entire plot line of cutting and suicide that the series spent like 6 episodes on?
MBAR
AG
The spent the entire show showing you how damaged Camille was and still after everything you guys don't understand that she would have been OK with dying? Camille literally has etched a book onto her skin yet you are surprised she's self destructive and not employing some clever plan? Yeah it could have been a heavy handed 2 hour movie but instead it was an 8 hour show that developed each and every character to an amazing extent.

Look, I get if its not everyone's cup of tea but if you can't watch an incredibly detailed analysis of these characters then not understand by the end then I'm not too sure that's the shows fault.
WES2006AG
AG
Anybody else have a problem with the fact that it wasn't just Amma but also the two other roller girls. I guess we are supposed to believe that Amma somehow convinced the other roller girls to murder their classmates. Not to mention how far fetched it is for three teenage girls to keep a thing like that a secret.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.