***HBO**Sharp Objects******

39,896 Views | 380 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by oragator
MBAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WES2006AG said:

Anybody else have a problem with the fact that it wasn't just Amma but also the two other roller girls. I guess we are supposed to believe that Amma somehow convinced the other roller girls to murder their classmates. Not to mention how far fetched it is for three teenage girls to keep a thing like that a secret.
Listen to the talk between Camille and Amma when they were in the yard drunk. They literally gave you the perfect explanation during that episode.
MBAR
AG
BTW, one of the themes of the shows is underestimating women's capacity for violence so it's ironic as hell to see that very thing in this thread right now.
claym711
AG
This series was saved from being a dumpster fire by Amy Adams.
TyHolden
AG
TV Casualty said:

DSAg44 said:

Who was the killer?

Amma was a hired contract killer for the FBI.
they left that part out for political reasons
KidDoc
AG
mazzag said:

I thought anti freeze was one of her poisons and maybe I'm wrong but it's worse to throw that up?

No that is lighter fluid type stuff(hydrocarbons). Most other poisons are better to throw up.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
OldArmy71
AG
Just watched again the part with the girl's hand with "Call Mom" on it. She also has writing on two of her fingers, but I couldn't tell what it said.
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

It's almost impossible to portray Amy Adams in a way that's not so incredibly attractive, but they managed to pull it off.

I am glad this series is done. Sort of sapped my emotions. it was too too much of a gut wrencher.personally.
ClickClackAg31
AG
What MBAR said. It was clear to me that camille didn't GAF if she died at the end. She was trying to save her sister and she knew that if she died that the cop would figure it out. Plus having her body full of the poison without a doubt implicates her mom. Camille literally just slept with an 18 yr old kid. She knew she was so screwed up and was gonna go out and take her mother down with her all while saving her sister.

I think milk was referring to the end of the episode when camille was throwing the carton of milk away and then she found the mini comforter for the doll house bed. That of course lead her to the teeth discovery. And most likely the whole tooth she found was from the black girl she most recently killed.

In terms of the teeth I think they showed those scenes at the end to show how much rage Amma had which provided her the strength to pull the teeth out. Camille alluded tonthis in her article when she was saying how it didn't make sense her mother would pull the teeth out because her MO was "taking care of kids so much". So brutally killing and harming them didn't really fit her profile. So there they basically wanted to start you thinking that maybe it wasn't her mom.

I thought this show was great. Definitely rode the line of interesting but effed up the whole show and then went full effed up in the last 5 min. I wouldn't even have known she killed the black girl if I didn't watch the credits scene a few times.
TCTTS
AG
Last five minutes were the best five minutes of the entire run, IMO.
MBAR
AG
claym711 said:

Amy Adams was amazing but she's not even the best performance in a very well acted show. Patricia Clarkson will likely be nominated for an Emmy.
claym711
AG
She wasn't in the top 5 performances in this series. Over acted the part to absurdity, but some of that was the extreme heavy handed writing for her part. Her character was one of the worst parts of this show.
mavsfan4ever
AG
So did the black girl at the end know that she was going to die? Is that why she wrote call mom on her hand, hoping Camille would understand? Why didn't she just call her mom herself?
Bregxit
AG
After the finale my wife revealed that the whole Amma reveal happens in an epilogue in the book hence the brief post-credit reveal.

I did call Amma though from the beginning and that pissed my wife off to no end lol. Every time I brought it up she threatened to spoil it for me.
TCTTS
AG
Friend of mine just pointed out that "Amma" and "Mama" are an anagram.
Charpie
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

So did the black girl at the end know that she was going to die? Is that why she wrote call mom on her hand, hoping Camille would understand? Why didn't she just call her mom herself?
I didn't take it that way. The girl had writing all over. She also went out with Camille the next day.
MBAR
AG
claym711 said:

She wasn't in the top 5 performances in this series. Over acted the part to absurdity, but some of that was the extreme heavy handed writing for her part. Her character was one of the worst parts of this show.

Be sure to bump this when she gets that Emmy nom.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Charpie said:

mavsfan4ever said:

I didn't take it that way. The girl had writing all over. She also went out with Camille the next day.
What was the point of that scene and focusing on the writing on her hand? What was the relevance if she wasn't telling Camille to call her Mom?

And I didn't take it that way either, but I don't really get that scene.
bobinator
AG
Just wanted to check in to say I liked the finale. Overall I'd say it was really good. could have been two episodes shorter, but overall I liked it.
dave94
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Charpie said:

mavsfan4ever said:

What was the point of that scene and focusing on the writing on her hand? What was the relevance if she wasn't telling Camille to call her Mom?

I had to rewind and pause to really see all the writing on her hands, but I think from Camille's reaction she initially was thinking of her own cutting, and then realized this girl was just fine and they exchanged smiles. At least from what I remember they smiled?
Charpie
AG
That was my impression as well
f burg ag
AG
I was only talking about the scene at the dinner table.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Finally watched the last two episodes last night.

I think it was a well done series, I just didn't care much for any of the characters, so didn't really invest in the show. My wife liked it a lot more than me because she dug the symbolism and the flashes and trying to figure out what was being hinted out or revealed in those way more than I did.

The end was pretty brilliant, and I like that they didn't spoon feed an explanation, it was just a realization by the character and some flashes of what really happened. We had to put the pieces together (including motive) ourselves. I do like it when shows trust their audience like that.
ag88man
AG
I watched it all the way through. Too arty for my tastes.
NASAg03
mavsfan4ever said:

Charpie said:

mavsfan4ever said:

watch Amma's reaction. jealous rage in her eyes. she killed the girls that Adora was trying to "rehabilitate". probably also got jealous of Camille when she faked sick and thus didn't go to the cops.

marble rye
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Charpie said:

mavsfan4ever said:

The point of that scene was to give out Amma's motivation for killing. Anyone that took attention away from her. The two girls in wind Gap bc her mom doted. The black girl bc she "kissed up to Camille" as Amma said at the dinner table.
dcAg
Then who killed the little girl, Camille's sister?

It wasnt Amma. Had to have been the mom? But how did she do it?
Old Tom Morris
Adora, with munchausen syndrome by proxy, poisoned her to death. Ala the vomiting kid ghost in Sixth Sense
dcAg
OTM,
Thanks. I must have show mix in my brain. I remember the little girl being snatched but that was a different show.

Thanks for the clarification!
Seven Costanza
AG
MBAR
AG
claym711 said:

Not the Emmy nom yet, but she got her Golden Globe nomination. Only a matter of time before the Emmy nomination comes in.
MBAR
AG
claym711 said:

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or a Movie
Patricia Arquette, The Act
Margaret Qualley, Fosse/Verdon
Patricia Clarkson, Sharp Objects
Marsha Stephanie Blake, When They See Us
Vera Farmiga, When They See Us
Emily Watson, Chernobyl

https://people.com/tv/emmy-nominations-2019/

About that.
oragator
Completely agree, I mentioned it pages ago on this thread. I will never understand what folks saw in her performance, other than it was completely different than most everything else she has played. To me she was the weakest part of the series, but clearly others thought otherwise.
I like her generally so I am happy for her, it just baffles me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.