Dave Matthews Band - New Album & Tour Discussion

7,147 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by boogieman
FancyKetchup14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looked up the set list online....the three new songs were "Come Tomorrow", "Samurai Cop" and "Do You Remember".

If I recall correctly, the DYR song came when he talked about losing his friend recently. I really liked that song and I'm glad it's on the next album.

Lastly, I thought Crush was their best groove all night. #41 and What Would You Say sounded great as always. I was bummed we didn't get Ants, but I'm not surprised as that's pretty heavy on the violin.
FWAppraiser
AG
Makes me hopeful for tonight.

LITHOG was a great mid set bathroom break, with enough time to make it back for the awesome outro.

Was their best show I've seen in many years.
LHIOB
AG
Ag 11 said:

Recently with Pretty Pretty Girl outro was probably my favorite. Good One Sweet World. 41 was great. Always love Crush. AB Intro on the end of LITHOG was cool. 27 was a good rare one. What You Are hadn't been played in a while, I enjoyed that one. And they dug up Stand Up for the first time in a long time. Fun show tonight. Kinda disappointed with no Ants, Two Step, Warehouse, Jimi, Nancies, Bartender, Pig, Stay, Graves, or Billies.

Sounds like we will get some good ones tonight
boogieman
AG
Excited to go tonight!
Was there an opening act?
FancyKetchup14
AG
No opener
Lucas Jackson
Was the 19th time I've seen them live and I'd put it near the bottom. The energy was less than usual, particularly for a tour opener.

On the bright side, the new songs were terrific and very tight. Do You Remember was incredible and my favorite part of the show. Also, as mentioned #27 was a treat, as was an extended version of Typical Situation. One of the better versions of Crush I've heard as well. Teased Grace is Gone into DDTW.

Was really surprised by two Stand Up tracks, and nothing from Away From The World. This may have been the only show I've been to where Crash wasn't played.

Still a great time, I just didn't catch one my unicorns like Break Free, Running Down a Dream, or Beach Ball.

As a final note, The Woodlands is such a great venue. They've got it down to a science short lines, security, concessions, lawn seats, the works.
LHIOB
AG
Kick ass show tonight in Dallas

Tim was shredding in place of Boyd.
LHIOB
AG
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dave-matthews-band/2018/dos-equis-pavilion-dallas-tx-1bedd5f4.html
FancyKetchup14
AG
I've been collecting show posters for a few years now, it's a little hobby of mine. I snagged one from Friday's show and really like it. I can't wait to get it framed.

This was the Dallas poster:
FancyKetchup14
AG
LHIOB said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dave-matthews-band/2018/dos-equis-pavilion-dallas-tx-1bedd5f4.html
Damn, you got Warehouse and Crash. Two great live songs.
Jack Thauer
AG
Went to the show in the Woodlands Friday and just got a pit ticket to see them in Austin tonight. I've only seen one other show of theirs from the pit (Dallas 2016).

Approaching double digits on # of shows I've been to.

Can't believe I got it for as cheap as I did. Bought it yesterday for $105 (including processing fee and overnight shipping).

So pumped. Hope to get Warehouse, Watchtower, Two Step, She, etc that I didn't get to hear on Friday.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Wow. That's an awesome deal. You think it's just cause it's on a Tuesday night?
Jack Thauer
AG
Probably so. Tickets overall are cheaper than Houston and Dallas. I also think since it was physical ticket and not digital that had to have it sold by yesterday to ship in time. But yeah, less than face value for DMB pit tickets is unheard of.

Bought it from Vivid Seats in case anyone was curious.
Bunk Moreland
I've been busy with travel and weddings recently and I'm just utterly exhausted, or else I would have driven in tonight to the show.

But I need to be smart and rest up for Memorial Day weekend at the lake

Y'all have fun. Glad to see some variety in the first couple shows and hear that the tour is starting well.
Jack Thauer
AG
Has anyone recieved the warehouse email re: free album yet? There was a poster by the merch booth mentioning it but i dont remember getting one...
FancyKetchup14
AG
Damn, the Austin crowd has got some good ones tonight...

Hello Again (hasn't been played in 8 years)
What Would You Say
Crash
Satellite
Lousiana Bayou (one of my favorite jam songs)
BBRex
AG
Lucas Jackson said:

Was the 19th time I've seen them live and I'd put it near the bottom. The energy was less than usual, particularly for a tour opener.

On the bright side, the new songs were terrific and very tight. Do You Remember was incredible and my favorite part of the show. Also, as mentioned #27 was a treat, as was an extended version of Typical Situation. One of the better versions of Crush I've heard as well. Teased Grace is Gone into DDTW.

Was really surprised by two Stand Up tracks, and nothing from Away From The World. This may have been the only show I've been to where Crash wasn't played.

Still a great time, I just didn't catch one my unicorns like Break Free, Running Down a Dream, or Beach Ball.

As a final note, The Woodlands is such a great venue. They've got it down to a science short lines, security, concessions, lawn seats, the works.

Seen DMB probably five or six times now, and never heard my favorite live Grace is Gone. If I had been there and just heard a tease, I'd have probably been way too disappointed for words.
Jack Thauer
AG
Soooo...my pit experience was amazing. Ended up with one person between me and the front railing, and they were a foot shorter than me. Left of center so that Dave had his guitar pointed at me the entire time. With a great view of Carter straight ahead and Tim to my left.
Jack Thauer
AG
Hopefully I did this correctly. Here are a few pics from the show (click link then scroll down)! Best $104 I've ever spent!

https://imgur.com/a/rYnwrLg
FancyKetchup14
AG
New single...doesn't do a lot for me

Bunk Moreland
fun beat that is just ruined by Dave's voice and lyrics. Woof.
ORAggieFan
Man, that just sounds whiny.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Wayyy too throaty
FancyKetchup14
AG
For as great of a songwriter as he can be...sometimes I listen to these songs and I'm shocked.
Redstone
AG
I saw him in Zilker Park well before most here, posters and lurkers alike, were fans.
12f Mane
AG
Ag 11 said:

Recently with Pretty Pretty Girl outro was probably my favorite. Good One Sweet World. 41 was great. Always love Crush. AB Intro on the end of LITHOG was cool. 27 was a good rare one. What You Are hadn't been played in a while, I enjoyed that one. And they dug up Stand Up for the first time in a long time. Fun show tonight. Kinda disappointed with no Ants, Two Step, Warehouse, Jimi, Nancies, Bartender, Pig, Stay, Graves, or Billies.
This was maybe my favorite setlist they've played at CW. Great show! I don't remember ever seeing Dave's mic cut out like that but it wasn't really even noticeable.
Jack Thauer
AG
Again and Again (aka Bob Law) was just posted

FancyKetchup14
AG
Reminder bump. Album hits tomorrow.
Jack Thauer
AG
Listening now. I like Can't Stop and She so far!
Jack Thauer
AG
One of the reasons I love DMB is that every album has its own flavor. With 4 producers, this one is all over the place. Boyd is missed and it's a different sound than I'm used to from them.

That being said, I still REALLY like it after first play through.
powerbelly
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

dcAg said:

OVER...
RATED!!!

People who love to troll DMB are some of my favorite. Yes, please troll arguably the most successful live act of all time.
Come on now.
Bunk Moreland
powerbelly said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

dcAg said:

OVER...
RATED!!!

People who love to troll DMB are some of my favorite. Yes, please troll arguably the most successful live act of all time.
Come on now.

He's sorta right, just by pure hustle and consistency.

They did a summer tour every year for like 25 straight years or something before taking a break for the first time in 2017.

They have out-grossed every other band in the world in regards to live show revenue over that time by multiple millions.

Every year they're one of the list of the biggest money-making bands and it's all due to how well-run their tours are and the mutual respect between them and their fans for the effort they give every night.
FancyKetchup14
AG
powerbelly said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

dcAg said:

OVER...
RATED!!!

Come on now.
The band sold over 10 million tickets from 2000-2009, more than anyone has ever done in a 10 year span. They are probably some of the most consistent performers from a live act standpoint and always bring it. They've toured their ass off for 20+ years and sold out venues for the better part of that 20+ years.
powerbelly
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

powerbelly said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

dcAg said:

OVER...
RATED!!!

Come on now.
The band sold over 10 million tickets from 2000-2009, more than anyone has ever done in a 10 year span. They are probably some of the most consistent performers from a live act standpoint and always bring it. They've toured their ass off for 20+ years and sold out venues for the better part of that 20+ years.
U2 sold over 7 million tickets to one tour.

DMB is very successful, but I don't think they would crack the top 20 all time for successful live acts.

Don't get me wrong, the trolls are ridiculous.
12f Mane
AG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_concert_tours#2000s
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.