***** Yellowstone - Paramount Network w/Costner by Taylor Sheridan *****

59,102 Views | 287 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Phrasing
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought it was pretty powerful right up to the end. I wanted to get on board but Jamie clearly despises her, punched her, shoved her into the window, and explicitly said that she was making a cry for help. So she makes the cry for help and suddenly he turns into the compassionate brother? It was a powerful scene and a powerful line, but imo the line didn't belong in the scene. I didn't believe that it was something Jamie would have said. Otherwise a good episode though, and i did like that Jamie finally got to win something (the scene with the Indians).
hurleyag
AG
Ulrich said:

I thought it was pretty powerful right up to the end. I wanted to get on board but Jamie clearly despises her, punched her, shoved her into the window, and explicitly said that she was making a cry for help. So she makes the cry for help and suddenly he turns into the compassionate brother? It was a powerful scene and a powerful line, but imo the line didn't belong in the scene. I didn't believe that it was something Jamie would have said. Otherwise a good episode though, and i did like that Jamie finally got to win something (the scene with the Indians).
Did you not pay attention, he has never lost anything.
Ulrich
Well played
starched_bingo
Seemed to me once she acknowledged it really was he softened up. Makes sense to me
BlackLab
AG
What was up with Jimmy?
Aggie_3
BlackLab said:

What was up with Jimmy?

He got the absolute **** beat out of him in the last episode leading to dip**** getting dropped at the train station
RC_57
AG
The guy selling the stallions, that was Sheridan, correct?
Ag_07
AG
I thought it was a great episode. No random explosions or dead bodies, some nice chess playing by Jamie, getting some more backstory tidbits on Kayce and John, and for some reason I enjoy watching what Beth is doing to the developer.

Loved the Chief saying 'We may be worrying about the wrong Dutton'

I'm really looking forward to get more backstory on Kayce and John.
Centerpole90
AG
Made me look and it appears so. I had no idea that he was from Cranfills Gap. My wife's grandparents lived in the Gap.
hurleyag
AG
I think Kayce getting his original barrel back is going to tie him back to the original 2 kills. Jamie thought he was so clever making that occur, but you could see in the Chief's face he knows still has that ace up his sleeve.
Centerpole90
AG
I agree, granted they ran ballistics on THAT barrel; but I thought it was also interesting Jamie wouldn't return it to Kayce. I thought that was a well placed 'Not on your life'. Maybe not.
Ulrich
hurleyag said:

I think Kayce getting his original barrel back is going to tie him back to the original 2 kills. Jamie thought he was so clever making that occur, but you could see in the Chief's face he knows still has that ace up his sleeve.

You mean his brother-in-law and the meth fire guy? It seems like there may be some complicated court room scenes coming up as they work out those issues. They didn't exactly obtain his gun under normal circumstances, now they have held his gun for any extended period of time, we're assuming they didn't pull some kind of double switch on the pistol, and who knows how res and state/federal law interact on something like that. Plus the van guys are still dead with ballistic evidence and potentially a recorded confession and multiple witnesses who may have motives of their own.
Sex Panther
AG
RC_57 said:

The guy selling the stallions, that was Sheridan, correct?

Yeah that was him
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Ag_07
AG
I will say one thing that does bug me (has no bearing on how much enjoy or don't enjoy the show) is that we're seeing the operation of this ranch that's hundreds of thousands of acres and we see ranch work happening in the same corral with the same 10 cowboys.

Not gonna keep me from watching the show but just an observation.
Belton Ag
AG
Yeah, I wonder how much of that has to do with budget and how much equipment and crew the have available.

I'd love to see a roundup scene at some point similar to what we saw during the buffalo hunt scene in Costner's Dances with Wolves. That scene was top 5 of all scenes in Western movie history in my opinion. So well done.
Iowaggie
AG
Sex Panther said:

I don't get Paramount. Anyone know if this will be able to stream anywhere? There's no way I am missing this show.

Is it a network, or do they just sell content to providers, or both?

I see they are doing a Trayvon Martin special
(tweet to show that it is Paramount, not a reason to go off on a political tangent).

Sex Panther
AG
No it's an actual Network... I think it used to be Spike TV?

I ordered the show on my Playstation Store. Think I paid $20, and the episode shows up for me to watch the day after airing.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Bunk Moreland
The volume on this show is so low compared to every other network I watch. Then a commercial hits and volume blasts. So ****ing annoying.
duck79
AG
They went a little overboard with Casey's wife tonight. She gets knocked out with blood streaming out of her head and the school nurse has her bandedged up and talking a short time later??? Come on now writers make it somewhat realistic please.
Bunk Moreland
Dan Jenkins turning out to be a real rube too. Not that it doesn't fit the character, but that was a quick progression to a handshake deal for someone who is a billionaire.
duck79
AG
Very true.
Ulrich
TV and movies have taught me that every billionaire is either an evil genius or a bumbling idiot. Apparently somewhere there are pallets of money sitting on the ground just waiting to be discovered.
Belton Ag
AG
So who else caught the theme from Unforgiven at the beginning of the episode? As soon as I heard that I knew something bad was going to happen to Kacey in this episode.
astros4545
AG
How have these characters survived in life to this point

Every day they survive more random and strange death defying circumstances
claym711
AG
I think the theme of this show is - how do we make the next episode more ridiculous than the last episode.

Like I said after Episode 2, not sure how annoying is still alive in this town.
Ag 11
AG
"Talk to me about cancer,"

What a terrible line
thenational
AG
It is painful to watch the daughter act. She is horrible and uncomfortable.
beanbean
Bunk Moreland said:

The volume on this show is so low compared to every other network I watch. Then a commercial hits and volume blasts. So ****ing annoying.

Yes! WTF is the deal with this? I have a certain volume I always have my TV on. I have to crank this show way past that point and then feverishly start turning it down when they go to commercial.
Ulrich
That was a depressing episode.
beanbean
I liked the tourists on the cliff and bear scene. That was pretty intense.
Aggie_3
Atleast people died again I missed that last week
Gap
AG
It doesn't seem like any storylines are likely to be wrapped up this year with only 2 episodes remaining after tonight.

Also, was that the reporter in the crowd as a volunteer working on Jaime's campaign?
hurleyag
AG
Gap said:

Also, was that the reporter in the crowd as a volunteer working on Jaime's campaign?
Yes.
Ag_07
AG
Overall I think this show has been a flop.

There have been some good moments and maybe a good episode or two but in general it's just not very good. It's Sons of Anarchy on a ranch.

Pretty disappointing with both the hype and potential it has.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah Sheridan is definitely struggling with the difference of telling a story over multiple hours versus a tight 2 hour window for a movie. Still gonna stick with it through this season but I didn't even realize I had forgotten to watch last week's until yesterday. Not a good sign

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.