Brooklyn 99

16,787 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by G.I.Bro
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't think I have ever seen a thread about this show. Easily one of the best comedies on network TV.
LHIOB
AG
There was one for last season. I haven't watched the 2nd ep yet but Holts "yas queen" in the premier was maybe the best line of the series.
98Ag99Grad
AG
never saw Samburg on SNL but I like him here. We've watched it since the beginning.
Ragoo
AG
LHIOB said:

There was one for last season. I haven't watched the 2nd ep yet but Holts "yas queen" in the premier was maybe the best line of the series.
I forget which season but Holt exclaims "Hot Damn!" completely out of normal character that had me rolling.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah, this and the Last Man on Earth are 2 of my favorites.
IJones23
The cold opens on this show are the best ever!
Swarely
LHIOB said:

LHIOB
AG
Swarely said:

LHIOB said:

Yoda
AG
Last night's was great. Jake reenacting The Lion King while in solitary was just the kind of perfectly random humor that makes this show stand out. Gonna miss Tim Meadow's cannibal.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Easily one of the best comedies on tv right now. Always enjoy the Halloween episodes
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Yoda said:

Gonna miss Tim Meadow's cannibal.
He was such a great character. Easily the best cameo on the series. Really wish he could continue but, you know.............he eats people.

I loved how every scene he was in, he was just killing it. His interactions with Jake where just so damn funny, and you were thinking how he is just such a great character. Then, they'd throw in a blunt reminder that oh yeah, he's a cannibal.
FtBendTxAg
AG
It's THE funniest show on television right now
LHIOB
AG
Not counting Veep its the funniest

Capt. Holt has been killing it. "This b****?" had me rolling.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
I mean, it's no Big Bang.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
This may have been the best episode yet!
Ragoo
AG
Greatness
TxKng82
AG
LHIOB said:

This might be one of the funniest moments on the show and to me the funniest thing Holt has said. Loved t
Ragoo
AG
LHIOB said:

Not counting Veep its the funniest

cummerbund
CorpsAg11
AG
I love this show. Been watching since the beginning.
PatAg
AG
This show has been so great. I love that all the characters have ongoing/recurring stuff simultaneously
LHIOB
AG
Also the combination of Advocare and Scientology was awesome. I guess no one on the show is a Scientologist.
TCTTS
AG
I'll echo the sentiments that it's easily the best comedy on network TV. This and Modern Family are literally the only two network shows I still watch, and I only still watch Modern Family out of a lame sense of loyalty to see it through to the end. Been watching B99 since day one as well, but it's only gotten better every season since. It's the last network show that still feels remotely like the glory days of The Office, Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, Community, etc. (the fact that all those once aired on the same night still blows my mind). The quick teaser scene before the opening credits is almost always a guaranteed laugh, and Captain Holt is an all-time sitcom character. He too only gets better with age. Love the cast and the show so much.
Duncan Idaho
I worry the engagement will change the dynamic too much.
Bunk Moreland
Duncan Idaho said:

I sort of do too, but I also feel like they're just running out of stuff so it's the appropriate season to let that be a storyline. I'm not tired of the show yet, so that's good.

I'll echo it again...this and Last Man on Earth are great. I think this one is more consistent, but LMoE have some incredible high's.
LHIOB
AG
I'd like to see Hitchcock and Scully retire. They are weakest parts of the show. A very poor man's Jerry, Kevin or Stanley.

Also I miss Gina.
Professor Frick
AG
Michael Schur certainly has a great track-record. Writer/producer of the Office, Co-creator of Parks and Rec, co-creator of Brooklyn 99, co-creator of The Good Place (the network show I look most forward to each week, it's just getting better and better)

And of course his unparalleled acting performance as Dwight's cousin Mose. Dude's killing it
CorpsAg11
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I worried about that when they started dating but it was still good..
Ragoo
AG
jake and amy don't spend enough time on camera together to make a 'relationship' seem awkward.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Amy: "You'll never beat me. I'm already dressed!"
Jake: "Not only am I already dressed....I made you breakfast! Wait....where's my eggs?"
Holt: "In my belly. Now get a move on. It's heist time!"'
Jake: "I LOVE HALLOWEEN!"
GiveEmHellBill
AG
LHIOB said:

Duncan Idaho
Ragoo said:

jake and amy don't spend enough time on camera together to make a 'relationship' seem awkward.

This is why the dating worked. My concern is that they will have to spend more time together doing the wedding planning stuff
LHIOB
AG
B99 came back pretty strong after the WS break.

Jake picking up on Holt's tell of using contractions was pretty great. Andre Braugher absolutely owns this role. I want to live in a universe where we can have a Veep/B99 cross over.
PatAg
AG
Anyone else actually not really like Gina's character most of the time? She's only occasionally funny, imo.
powerbelly
AG
PatAg said:

Anyone else actually not really like Gina's character most of the time? She's only occasionally funny, imo.
By far the worst character on the show.
MW03
AG
Their halloween episodes are legendary.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.