Brooklyn 99

16,784 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by G.I.Bro
boogieman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
da fuq?
Ragoo
AG
Awful news
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Wow. This is one of the best shows still on TV. At least it will go out high and not dragged out until it's dead
SgtBarbarossa
I haven't trusted Fox since they cancelled Futurama.
Ragoo
AG
Hopefully it gets picked up by Hulu or Netflix.
TCTTS
AG
Unbelievable. Fox canceled The Mick and Last Man on Earth as well. Basically their only three sitcoms worth a damn.

Surely Netflix can pick up B99 at least...
Jim01
AG
Unreal. I just heard about 99 but not LMOE and Mick. Literally the only 3 Fox shows I watch. Geez!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TCTTS said:

Unbelievable. Fox canceled The Mick and Last Man on Earth as well. Basically their only three sitcoms worth a damn.

I've been watching this all the way through for the first time on Hulu. I've always enjoyed it, but only caught a random episode here or there.

Whenever Holt breaks his normal straight man routine makes me roll every time.
Bunk Moreland
Last Man on Earth got axed too? **** me that was the best comedy on network television.

I love B99 but it had gotten stale here and there this season imo. Still funny and good and better than most stuff on TV.

Man I'm really bummed about LMOE.
Ragoo
AG
Champ Bailey said:

TCTTS said:

I've been watching this all the way through for the first time on Hulu. I've always enjoyed it, but only caught a random episode here or there.

Whenever Holt breaks his normal straight man routine makes me roll every time.
HOT DAMN
King O Frod
Damn, im gonna miss B99. The Mick getting cancelled might explain why they went ahead with a new season of Always Sunny
COOL LASER FALCON
Parks had like 3 season finales that could have served well as series finales. Hopefully we get one of those from Nine-Nine as well.
atm0812
AG
I really wanted to know where LMOE was going after the cliffhanger ending to this season. This is rough.
atm0812
AG
Also, were these shows getting cut and replaced no matter what because of low ratings?

Or is it because Fox is getting Thursday Night Football all fall and needs one night less of programming? With these being the lowest on the totem poll
TCTTS
AG
20ag07
Quote:

Also, were these shows getting cut and replaced no matter what because of low ratings?

Or is it because Fox is getting Thursday Night Football all fall and needs one night less of programming? With these being the lowest on the totem poll
More to do with the Fox/Disney merger, and all kinds of limbo they are living in because of it.

And because of the success of Roseanne, Fox is trying to resurrect Tim Allen's Last Man Standing that the FoxNews loving crowd apparently loved to stay home and watch on ABC on Friday nights, so Fox is clearing the deck for that and shows that will pair well with it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Geena's and Amy's dynamic is the only really funny thing I like about Geena's character.

Scully and Hitchcock are never really doing anything that funny, but it's just that they are always doing something weird. It just builds and builds the longer you watch.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
According to an EW article, Fox is adding another night of NFL football. That is three hours of prime time programming to clear out.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TBS feels like the perfect fit. But I'd obviously take any of those.
nai06
AG
TCTTS said:

TBS feels like the perfect fit. But I'd obviously take any of those.
I'd prefer Hulu because thats what I currently watch it on but as long as someone picks it up
FightinTexasAg15
AG

Counterpoint
AG
Any chance of LMoE getting picked up somewhere else?
Ragoo
AG
The LMM tweet wasn't in rhyme or a rap battle, fake.
CrottyKid
AG
Counterpoint said:

This. It is my favorite comedy.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I think Hulu was looking at picking it up
Quinn
AG
Counterpoint said:

Unlikely since Fox produced it. B99 was produced by Universal, which is why you are seeing Hulu and NBC as the main players for it's potential revival. I've been a big fan of LMOE (besides parts of last season), and I am actually behind on this season. Will have a little more meaning watching the last few episodes, knowing that its the end.
policywonk98
AG
This show better get picked up. It deserves at least 2 more seasons. The writing is still top notch.

Just too much content out there. A show like 99 should be drawing way more than 2.7 million viewers.

Wife and I started watching season one 2-3 days ago for the first time since its first airing. Even though we watch the show in real time we had forgotten so much of the comedy in season 1. I think because we laughed over lines so often that we are now picking up new stuff.

TCTTS
AG
Boom!

Brick Tamland
This is the best post you've ever had
israeliag
AG
THat was quick!

Between 99, The Good Place, and AP Bio NBC is killing the network sitcom game
TCTTS
AG
Man, the future of television is pretty damn amazing. Remember when deals like this took weeks, if not months? Remember when something like this was impossible?

It wasn't that long ago that I actually worked with a friend of a friend of mine (before Netflix made their own shows) to develop a service that allowed fans to basically Kickstart a new season of a canceled show (before Kickstarter was a thing as well). Our model was the show Jericho on CBS that had a fervent fanbase but was canceled after a couple of seasons. We spent weeks researching all the details, building a pitch deck, and then formally pitched the idea to CAA. They were into it, but nothing ever came of it.

Netflix then came along and of course ended up being a much better platform/model for the idea, but even those deals used to take forever. And now we're at a point where a show can be canceled on one network, and not 24 hours later, another one can pick it up, have an episode order set, and just run with it. It's crazy.

(Btw, fun fact: the friend I pitched that idea with - Jamie - went on to found a company you might have heard of... Ring. He and his son are the ones in all those commercials with Shaq.)
TCTTS
AG
Such a great quote...

Quote:

"Ever since we sold this show to Fox I've regretted letting it get away, and it's high time it came back to its rightful home," said Robert Greenblatt, Chairman, NBC Entertainment. "Mike Schur, Dan Goor, and Andy Samberg grew up on NBC and we're all thrilled that one of the smartest, funniest, and best cast comedies in a long time will take its place in our comedy line-up. I speak for everyone at NBC, here's to the Nine-Nine!"
Bunk Moreland
Very great news. Now someone please find a home for LMoE!
Swarely
Nine Nine!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.