****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,899,624 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, I don't know why y'all get your knickers in a bunch over these reaction videos.

People clap and cheer during movies all the time, doesn't strike me as weird.
unmade bed
I am fully on board with the Bran/3ER being evil as **** theory.

The "why do you think i came all this way?" line and him being preoccupied with finding Drogon and not giving a flying F about running the kingdom sealed the deal in my mind.

Things are about to get very bad for mankind in Westeros.
Fenrir
#NightKingDidNothingWrong
agdoc2001
AG
bangobango said:

Yeah, I don't know why y'all get your knickers in a bunch over these reaction videos.

Yes. And those people are idiots.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Texaggie7nine
Social Media Influencer said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Do people who go to viewings like that not enjoy sports? Or normal social activities? Cheering and screaming during a tv viewing to let strangers know how affected you are is the weirdest ****ing thing.

All of them also clap when the plane lands.
7nine
bangobango
AG
This is the ending o choose as the real ending:

Urban Ag
AG
agdoc2001 said:

bangobango said:

Let people have their fun. What do you care?
Sports-Ag
AG
bangobango said:

This is the ending o choose as the real ending:

So much awesomeness with that ending.
Sports-Ag
AG
BarKeep_03 said:

This times 1000! Grey Worm and the Unsullied were ready to kill Jon with him trying to show mercy to KL soldiers. But when Jon kills Dany their queen they pretty much say we're going to throw you in a cell and wait until the other kingdoms come which can take weeks and we can make a mutual decision on your punishment.

Grey worm told Jon in the first picture we will not stop until we kill all of the Dany's Enemies. Well Jon killed Dany and they lock him up. Makes no sense.
Bregxit
AG
Sports-Ag said:

BarKeep_03 said:

This times 1000! Grey Worm and the Unsullied were ready to kill Jon with him trying to show mercy to KL soldiers. But with Dany their queen they say nope we're going to throw you in a cell and wait until the other kingdoms come which can take weeks and we can make a mutual decision.

Grey worm told Jon in the first picture we will not stop until we kill all of the Dany's Enemies. Makes no sense.
Grey Worm is a robot incapable of making a decision that does not come from Dany. Dany told him to kill everyone "that fought for the Lannisters". Once Dany was dead, Grey Worm has no one to receive orders from. He has no idea what course of action he should take despite what he feels.
Lex
For being smart people you are occasionally really dumb. JON IS NOT A NIGHTSWATCH ANYMORE.
And if there is I'm sure someone else wants to be the lord commander.
Bran, the all knowing, knows this. He sent him to be where he could live his best life. With the Wildlings. That's all Jon wanted once he met them. Duty brought him back into the ****storm of it all, but his life sentence was to go and be where he is happy.
That's the freaking icing of this episode, as soon as I saw Tormund I was so happy. I knew Jon was a freeperson and free to live his life North of the wall.
PatAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

agdoc2001 said:

bangobango said:

Let people have their fun. What do you care?
Let him state his opinion, what do you care
PatAg
AG
Lex said:

For being smart people you are occasionally really dumb. JON IS NOT A NIGHTSWATCH ANYMORE.
And if there is I'm sure someone else wants to be the lord commander.
Bran, the all knowing, knows this. He sent him to be where he could live his best life. With the Wildlings. That's all Jon wanted once he met them. Duty brought him back into the ****storm of it all, but his life sentence was to go and be where he is happy.
That's the freaking icing of this episode, as soon as I saw Tormund I was so happy. I knew Jon was a freeperson and free to live his life North of the wall.
and even if he is "officially" still part, they can just say he is out ranging or whatever the term was they used.
Counterpoint
AG

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Do people who go to viewings like that not enjoy sports? Or normal social activities? Cheering and screaming during a tv viewing to let strangers know how affected you are is the weirdest ****ing thing.
My only problem with it is that they are cheering like it's Joffrey or Ramsey or Walder Frey that just got shanked, not Dany who just turned evil one episode ago.

Smokedraw01
The scene where Sam proposes democracy was such bull***** They may as well just have said "Dilly! Dilly!" after laughing and be done with it.
black_hat_ag
littlebitofhifi said:

I've never been to an event like this but I've been to many premieres and pilot screenings with audiences and there is something very enjoyable about the communal experience of watching anything together...tv, movies, sports, whatever. To laugh, cry or be shocked together is a great human experience. To each their own but I don't see it as any weirder ****ing thing than us all rushing to this forum to discuss with strangers before the closing credits have rolled.

Sounds dumb ASF
"Go drink Lysol." - BallerStaf2003
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ironic username is ironic.
Furlock Bones
AG
dlance said:

Sports-Ag said:

BarKeep_03 said:

This times 1000! Grey Worm and the Unsullied were ready to kill Jon with him trying to show mercy to KL soldiers. But with Dany their queen they say nope we're going to throw you in a cell and wait until the other kingdoms come which can take weeks and we can make a mutual decision.

Grey worm told Jon in the first picture we will not stop until we kill all of the Dany's Enemies. Makes no sense.
Grey Worm is a robot incapable of making a decision that does not come from Dany. Dany told him to kill everyone "that fought for the Lannisters". Once Dany was dead, Grey Worm has no one to receive orders from. He has no idea what course of action he should take despite what he feels.
just another one of those conversations and events left off screen because D&D didn't know how to weave it in plausibly. better to let the audience come up with excuses for them. lol.
gigemJTH12
AG
LPHA said:

bobinator said:

Endgame came out like a month ago, we've got to be beyond the statute of limitations on a spoiler there.

Is it too much to ask that spoilers from a recent movie not be in a thread that's not about that specific movie?

That's the whole point. At this point it's not a spoiler, it's called a reference.
M.C. Swag
AG
Tyrion: "The throne should go to the person with the best story. No, not the guy who spent his life as a mistreated, misunderstood ******* who was actually the legitimate son of the heir to the kingdom and thus himself the legitimate heir to the kingdom, who rose from ignominy to become the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, who assembled a force to take on and defeat the greatest evil the world has ever known, who was murdered to death and literally brought back from the dead, who fell in love with and then assassinated an evil despot.....no, I mean the kid who fell out a window and is now a crippled idiot savant. What a story!"

What D&D have done to Tyrion and Jon is far worse than if they just had them killed 4 seasons ago.
Bregxit
AG
Furlock Bones said:

dlance said:

Sports-Ag said:

BarKeep_03 said:

just another one of those conversations and events left off screen because D&D didn't know how to weave it in plausibly. better to let the audience come up with excuses for them. lol.

What are you talking about? Dany told Jon what she ordered Grey Worm to do. It wasn't off screen unless you are talking about the arrest of Jon.
Furlock Bones
AG
the "arrest" of Jon is what i am referring.
bangobango
AG
dlance said:

Furlock Bones said:

dlance said:

Sports-Ag said:

BarKeep_03 said:

What are you talking about? Dany told Jon what she ordered Grey Worm to do. It wasn't off screen unless you are talking about the arrest of Jon.
He's talking about what ever conversation presumably had to take place between discovering Jon killed Dany and the decision to imprison him rather than execute him on the spot.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bangobango
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/br4z1u/casuals_justifying_this_season/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Saxsoon
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Tyrion: "The throne should go to the person with the best story. No, not the guy who spent his life as a mistreated, misunderstood ******* who was actually the legitimate son of the heir to the kingdom and thus himself the legitimate heir to the kingdom, who rose from ignominy to become the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, who assembled a force to take on and defeat the greatest evil the world has ever known, who was murdered to death and literally brought back from the dead, who fell in love with and then assassinated an evil despot.....no, I mean the kid who fell out a window and is now a crippled idiot savant. What a story!"

What D&D have done to Tyrion and Jon is far worse than if they just had them killed 4 seasons ago.

Um, you can argue about the pacing but this is Grrm ending and it has his fingerprints all over it
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Bregxit
AG
bangobango said:

dlance said:

Furlock Bones said:

dlance said:

Sports-Ag said:

BarKeep_03 said:

He's talking about what ever conversation presumably had to take place between discovering Jon killed Dany and the decision to imprison him rather than execute him on the spot.

Ahh yeah. I didn't like that but it was just another part of what was lost by rushing the whole thing. At the same time it isn't hard to figure out the "why" behind Grey Worm not killing Jon. I mean, if Drogon let him walk...
Furlock Bones
M.C. Swag
AG
I will bet you infinity dollars that THIS bran (an emotionless cyborg with completely unexplained powers of foresight and time travel) is not getting nominated by a shackled idiot Tyrion to ducking grey worm. Nor will meme lord Edmure Tully get spanked by a snarky Sansa.

Everything about the last 30ish min of that episode was the peak of D&Ds writing prowess.
gigemJTH12
AG
Agree about *this* bran.

I am totally fine with him being King and the explanation behind it makes more sense than just about anyone being king.

The problem is how he has been portrayed the last couple seasons. If they knew they were coming to this moment, he should have been way more normal the last couple years. He has barely even spoken.
M.C. Swag
AG
Thisguy1 said:

This is why I wasn't a fan of people posting the odds. Bran was a huge front runner in January and it made no sense that he should be other than people who knew about the leaks. This is a form of spoiler that should not have been allowed.
Texaggie7nine
I have no issue with it. Bran is not bran. He's some super wise, emotionless future seer and past "knower". The last kings and queens all made dumb mistakes from emotional decisions. What's better than someone who has none?
7nine
M.C. Swag
AG
It makes no sense at all. Bran can see the future? So none of this was about choice? It was all, in fact, "prophesied". And if that's true, that these events were pre-determined, it completely robs all the meaning of the character actions.

And what about Bran himself? He has taken every opportunity to tell people "I'm not really a person" or "I'm not Bran" but now he's totally cool with being "King Bran?"

Why would anyone around the Westeros accept his rule? Because he has a completely bonkers story? No one in the world even believed the white walkers existed and still don't. All they know is that Brandon Stark is now king and Sansa Stark is queen of an independent North. Westeros is ruled by Starks all because the ex husband to Sansa Stark suggested it.

From a literal and thematic lens, it makes no sense.
Furlock Bones
AG
M.C. Swag said:

It makes no sense at all. Bran can see the future? So none of this was about choice? It was all, in fact, "prophesied". And if that's true, that these events were pre-determined, it completely robs all the meaning of the character actions.

And what about Bran himself? He has taken every opportunity to tell people "I'm not really a person" or "I'm not Bran" but now he's totally cool with being "King Bran?"

Why would anyone around the Westeros accept his rule? Because he has a completely bonkers story? No one in the world even believed the white walkers existed and still don't. All they know is that Brandon Stark is now king and Sansa Stark is queen of an independent North. Westeros is ruled by Starks all because the ex husband to Sansa Stark suggested it.

From a literal and thematic lens, it makes no sense.
well they were pretty much NBD. so...
First Page Last Page
Page 410 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.