****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,427 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Malachi Constant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

chiken said:

He was at the red wedding. But survived because he was formicating.
Is that like when you do it on the kitchen counter top?

A lot of you missed this earlier
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Re: all the deus ex machina talk

A good example is the machine face Neo talks to in Matrix Revolutions.
The Dog Lord
AG
Sex Panther said:

pagerman @ work said:

I didn't mind the episode honestly. I had a few issues (like why anyone cared what the Unsullied and Grey Worm thought about anything), but one puzzling thing that just rang hollow to me was why in God's name anyone would ever make Bron the master of coin?

It was just fan service because he was a fan favorite. Although I love that Bronn ended up one of the biggest winners of all. He went from a complete nobody mercenary to the Lord of ****ing Highgarden and Master of Coin.

I think it could be somewhat understandable. As others mentioned, they'll be asking him for food and coin now that he is lord of the richest area in Westeros. Making him Master of Coin means that he'll be shrewd about the crown spending money. I think Bronn will be stingy with the wealth he finally has (minus the brothels). Mace Tyrell was also Master of Coin for a brief period. There's also just a shortage of lords nowadays.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Watch Chernobyl and your faith in HBO will be restored.
Ranger222
AG
I mean, the Unsullied still controlled KL at that point, and as far as we know the "council" didn't bring any of their army's with them to KL for the meeting to contest Greyworm. Greyworm and the Unsullied + probably Dorthraki were still in a position of power. A war could have easily been sparked had Greyworm not been satisfied with the outcome
Humorous Username
AG
Ranger222 said:

I mean, the Unsullied still controlled KL at that point, and as far as we know the "council" didn't bring any of their army's with them to KL for the meeting to contest Greyworm. Greyworm and the Unsullied + probably Dorthraki were still in a position of power. A war could have easily been sparked had Greyworm not been satisfied with the outcome

I thought Sansa mentioned 10K northmen just outside the city.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Based on the ending, this would be the likely outcome of the 6 kingdoms with Bran as king:

Within a year (more likely a few months), the kingdom would be in absolute chaos and Bran would likely be assassinated. He allowed the North to secede. The people of Dorne and the Iron Islands will call for their leaders to do the same when they hear that this is a possibility. If Bran does not allow them to secede they would all most likely rebel against the crown. Bran has shown no predilection for combat strategy and he is young and seems to have minimal care for the present. Most lords will see him as an extremely weak king. Bran also basically has no army. The North went back North, all the Lannister army has been slain, the Dothraki and Unsullied have left. If a rebellion does break out in Dorne and the Iron Islands which would be the most likely scenario, he has no navy to fight the Greyjoys and has minimal if any army to take on Dorne (who now likely has the largest army in Westeros due to staying out of all combat throughout the series). I doubt most of the other great houses would agree to assist in quelling these rebellions given that Bran inspires no one and most of these houses have had significant loss of life throughout the war of the 5 kings, the battle of Winterfell, Dany's War with Cersei, and the desolation of King's Landing.

As other great houses see these rebellions sprouting up and see how weak Bran the Broken is as king, most will get the idea that they would like their own kingdom, as well. I mean, why the hell would you want to pay taxes to the Crown when clearly the Crown can't control the kingdom. Bran unfortunately has no dragons or large, loyal army to quickly put down rebellions. So now the Vale likely looks to again become its own kingdom, as well, given that their leader is a sickly boy in Robin Arryn who can be easily swayed. Edmure Tully, being the idiot that he is, as well as an opportunist decides that he would still like to be king and figures that with all the ongoing turmoil, he too will declare himself king. Gendry finds himself in a significant predicament as the people of the Stormlands also would like to be their own kingdom. Gendry, is clearly loyal to Bran; however, given his extremely questionable claim to his current title that cannot be verified, many of the larger houses in the Stormlands end up conspiring to overthrow Gendry and secede, as well. Similar rebellions likely sprout up in the Reach where houses like Hightower and Redwyne are furious that a sellsword is just given the seat of Highgarden. They end up rebelling against Bronn and taking over the reach, declaring themselves a separate kingdom, as well. Eventually during all this chaos, someone decides that Bran is clearly unfit to be king and ends up being assassinated, and the 7 kingdoms go back to becoming individually ruled kingdoms like they were prior to Aegon the Conqueror's conquest.

So essentially, it is very unlikely that there is even a kingdom for Bran to rule within a year or two if GRRM's love for realistic cause and effect within his stories is allowed to be played out.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
Bronn got the best cabinet spot because Tyrion owed him. Tyrion specifically asks if their debts are paid after telling the group's titles.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MaroonStain
AG
...thousands...

I'm watching 2nd viewing now.

Arya to Yara - "Say another word about killing my brother and I will cut your throat." #savage
benchmark
AG
While I'm being critical, can I mention that all that beautiful calligraphic writing was ruined when she flipped the page with wet ink over and started writing on the back? And when she closed the book without waiting for it to dry? Pen artists all over the world had minor heart attacks!
Humorous Username
AG
benchmark said:

While I'm being critical, can I mention that all that beautiful calligraphic writing was ruined when she flipped the page with wet ink over and started writing on the back? And when she closed the book without waiting for it to dry? Pen artists all over the world had minor heart attacks!

Hell. She slid a finger over the next to last sentence pretty quick. I kept waiting for a smudge.
Humorous Username
AG
KidDoc said:

Bronn got the best cabinet spot because Tyrion owed him. Tyrion specifically asks if their debts are paid after telling the group's titles.

I thought Highgarden was payment enough. I could see where the made him MoC because they knew he could come up with the best ways to get cash fast. He's like the JG Wentworth of Westeros.
Liquid Wrench
benchmark said:

No joke, I actually cussed at her when she did that.

Almost every time we've seen someone writing on this show, they were careful to dust it. But she's writing an official history and slams it shut wet.
wangus12
AG
KidDoc said:

Bran's first move should be to execute Bronn. Kingdom doesn't need a leach.
annie88
AG
benchmark said:

I thought the same thing. She didn't even put sand on it.

I really truly she thought she was going write and father of a child with Ser Brienne. I really thought she was gonna be pregnant.
Southlake
John to Ghost:

"Hey Old Boy, I haven't seen you in an ear or so..."

Seven Costanza
AG
Who was the old guy next to the old Vale guy? What about the guy next to Sam? Who is in charge of the Lannister lands now?
dmart90
AG
The end should have been 10 years later, Tyrion in bed with a w/ore's mouth around his c/ck, a big goblet of wine on the table next to the bed, and Tyrion with a sh/t-eating grin on his face as he dies.
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
Humorous Username
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Who was the old guy next to the old Vale guy? What about the guy next to Sam? Who is in charge of the Lannister lands now?

Not sure about the first two, though some on here think it was Howland Reed next to Sam.

Tyrion is head of house Lannister, and probably appointed a Castellan or local lord to look after the Westerlands.
AggieRob93
AG
Humorous Username said:

Seven Costanza said:

Not sure about the first two, though some on here think it was Howland Reed next to Sam.

Tyrion is head of house Lannister, and probably appointed a Castellan or local lord to look after the Westerlands.

I was thinking the same about the two old fellers...assume Howland Reed between Sam and Edmure, not sure who the feller is sitting next to Yohn Royce.
LPHA
AG
bobinator said:

Endgame came out like a month ago, we've got to be beyond the statute of limitations on a spoiler there.

Is it too much to ask that spoilers from a recent movie not be in a thread that's not about that specific movie?
Liquid Wrench
Blatant Disregard said:

Social Media Influencer said:

chiken said:

He was at the red wedding. But survived because he was formicating.
Is that like when you do it on the kitchen counter top?

A lot of you missed this earlier
Lol, I just read a 1963 novel that mentions fancy formica countertops more than once, so that word jumped out at me.
BarKeep_03
AG
Al Bula
AG
wangus12 said:

Bran's first move should be to execute Bronn. Kingdom doesn't need a leach.
id argue everyone needs a Leach

But not a leech.

Al Bula
AG
Don't really care if anyone has already looked up
The IMDb cast list. But "Riverlands Lord" LOL.

Humorous Username
AG
Then our last hope for Howland Reed is gone.
PatAg
AG
I was wondering why Reed would be over past Edmure Tully, considering Reed is sword to House Stark. They didnt even bother to give that guy a house?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Humorous Username
AG
PatAg said:

I was wondering why Reed would be over past Edmure Tully, considering Reed is sword to House Stark. They didnt even bother to give that guy a house?

I rewatched it, and if it was really Reed, his expression would have (or at least should have) been more noticeable when Sansa says the North will be independent. He was stone faced.
JCRiley09
AG
Has anyone posted this yet?

I could see GRRM planning for the ending to be a coup by the 3ER, but D&D couldn't figure that out and gave us last night's finale as their best try.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Humorous Username said:

Then our last hope for Howland Reed is gone.

Well there were 5 new guys but all are credited for something else. So yeah it is dead.

One was that guy ^above. Apparently a Riverlands guy.

One was to the right of Gendry. Credited as Lord Une (Une is a family name of a house in the Stormlands)

One was left of Yara. Likely the other Northern Lord in credits.

One was right of Yara but looked Dornish attire. Listed as Dornish Prince

Then there was a 5th one next to Yohn Royce on the right. Makes sense this would be new Vale Lord

there were 4 named in the credits

Riverlands Lord
Lord Une
Vale Lord
Northern Lord

All the major regions are represented

Vale - Royce and Robyn and the new Vale Lord by Royce
North - Starks and that new Northern Lord
The Reach and/or Citadel - Sam Tarly (Bronn not yet there)
Riverlands - new guy above Riverlands Lord and Edmure Tully
Storms End - both Ser Brienne and Gendry Baratheon and Lord Une one of the the guys
Iron Islands - Yara
The Westerlands - Tyrion most likely
Dorne - new Dornish prince

Davos is a wildcard

Lord Une

tk for tu juan
In that scenario, the Night King was actually trying to help Westeros by killing the 3ER before becoming the permanent King of the Seven Six Kingdoms
Liquid Wrench
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Do people who go to viewings like that not enjoy sports? Or normal social activities? Cheering and screaming during a tv viewing to let strangers know how affected you are is the weirdest ****ing thing.
Liquid Wrench
JCRiley09 said:

Has anyone posted this yet?

I could see GRRM planning for the ending to be a coup by the 3ER, but D&D couldn't figure that out and gave us last night's finale as their best try.
I haven't seen that, but I've seen someone else (here I think), post a Phoenix Force theory as a joke. Maybe not a joke?
littlebitofhifi
AG
I've never been to an event like this but I've been to many premieres and pilot screenings with audiences and there is something very enjoyable about the communal experience of watching anything together...tv, movies, sports, whatever. To laugh, cry or be shocked together is a great human experience. To each their own but I don't see it as any weirder ****ing thing than us all rushing to this forum to discuss with strangers before the closing credits have rolled.
First Page Last Page
Page 409 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.