****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,061 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
digital_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Remember all that discussion about the white horse?
La Bamba
AG
CoachRTM said:

For the record, Jon Snow would have made a terrible King of the Seven Kingdoms.
And for the record, so does Bran.
JJxvi
AG
My theory in the books has long been that Jon Snow was the heir, that the reader would know, but Jon Snow would never actually find out how close he could come to being King.
LeonardSkinner
annie88 said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

How is Sam not in the Night's Watch anymore?

There is no Night's Watch
Yup. How are so many not getting this?

Because of the guys in the black cloaks, and the ships with the black sails? I'm not saying they're right or wrong, but it's pretty easy to come to that conclusion with those kind of implications.
mazzag
AG
Redstone said:

Dany is dead via dagger from Jon. Iron throne is burnt by dragon. Bran is final ruler.

And Sansa is queen of the north. To get to Jon, you go thru her. He's protected for his lifetime.
Redstone
AG
(No spoilers, just observations) -

Very glad to see the nudity tampered down. I don't believe hardly any of the last few seasons had N before the opening credits, at least by comparison to earlier seasons.

Decent enough Girl Power, although Dany's arc was disappointing
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I think I'm pretty much fine with the ending and I've said it 100 times on this thread that they rushed it, probably because they only had the endgame and no filler.
Agreed.

This ending isn't exactly what I predicted, but it's pretty logical and in keeping with foundations built throughout the story.

I just figured Westeros would go back to 7 independent kingdoms. But never expected Jon or Dany to sit on the throne, and Jon killing Dany always seemed like a possibility for the "bittersweet" ending. At least since their characters were introduced to each other.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I guess this answers what Tyrion and Bran's conversation meant in episode 2... And I'm still not satisfied.
mazzag
AG
La Bamba said:

CoachRTM said:

For the record, Jon Snow would have made a terrible King of the Seven Kingdoms.
And for the record, so does Bran.

Why?
Old Tom Morris
While there is little to nothing left of the Night's Watch, I anticipate the ranks will be increased once they start sending a new band of rapists and dbags that way. Tyrion said as much. They've gotta have someplace to send them. But led by Jon, this one will be in partnership with the free men. That is until some rapist kills Jon.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Grey Worm and the Unsullied about to get ****ed up by some butterflies lol
annie88
AG
Quote:

I understand her heel turn, and what she became and the reasons why
Don't think you really do.

If you go back and rewatch the whole series you'll see many times she was very vengeful. She also stated many times that she would basically burn it down in the end. You were seeing what you wanted to see.

because of this metoo women have to be right and powerful bull**** that's going on right now, some made her into something she wasn't. It was there all along. Go back and rewatch the series and you'll see it.

It didn't suddenly just make her like Hitler. She didn't just change in the last three episodes of the show.

She started out with the right intentions but all along the way as Tyrion explained in the last episode, she did things as a ways to an end. If you don't agree that's fine but it's all laid out there and eight seasons.

Don't Get me wrong, I liked the character too, she did a lot of good, but never hesitated or had regret for killing large quantities of people when it suited her.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
annie88 said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

Uhhh what do you think that was then?
aggierogue
AG
There is clearly a Night's Watch. Jon was sentenced to live out his life there. But I do like the idea that he lives out his days north of the wall and becomes King of the north (BtW).
hunter2012
AG
Also I don't know about y'all but the Master of Whisperers has got to be the most coveted job in the 7 6 kingdoms. What are you going to inform the king of when he's already omniscient.
BarKeep_03
AG
Super dumb episode. Created even MORE plot holes and lack of motivations. nothing made sense. Only Good thing about this season is the memes.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Howland Reed should've been at that election council.
annie88
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

So... who thinks the prequels are going to be Caprica-level dog**** quality?
Are there going to be prequels?
Old Tom Morris
I'll tell you what I found confusing in the early part was when they were talking about liberating Kings Landing, liberating other cities, etc, and Jon is struggling with his decision, and I was like "Liberate? They killed every mother****er in the place." Does "liberate" mean "kill everyone there"?,because if it does, this is not some laborious, difficult decision.
Beezy2389
AG
Yes. I choose to believe this is show canon as well.
Sex Panther
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

Did you miss the last 30 minutes of this episode?

If you or anyone else thinks there's still a Night's Watch and didn't get it... I don't know what to tell you. It's already been touched upon. Bran and Tyrion sent him there to let him be free and go north of the wall. Whatever is left of the Night's Watch is just the few who didn't die and the remaining Wildlings who are hanging out up there.

They don't care about the vow anymore so Sam can go do whatever he wanted. Their job was to protect the wall, and keep out the Army of the Dead and Wildlings. So now their watch has ended.

Plus Sam was studying to be a Maester, and Bran needed a Maester. Pretty sure the King can have that kind of pull.
The Dog Lord
AG
annie88 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

So... who thinks the prequels are going to be Caprica-level dog**** quality?
Are there going to be prequels?

One begins production this year. It's about the Long Night/Age of Heroes. Hopefully we get more info on the White Walkers. The other two are still in development.
wangus12
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Grey Worm and the Unsullied about to get ****ed up by some butterflies lol
Good thing they never mentioned that in the show lol. Gonna all die within the week
JJxvi
AG
annie88 said:

Quote:

K I understand her heel turn, and what she became and the reasons why
Don't think you really do.

If you go back and rewatch the whole series you'll see many times she was very vengeful. She also stated many times that she would basically burn it down in the end. You were seeing what you wanted to see.

because of this metoo women have to be right and powerful bull**** that's going on right now, some made her into something she want. It was there all along. Go back and rewatch the series and you'll see it.

I didn't suddenly just make her like Hitler. She didn't just change in the last three episodes of the show.

She started out with the right intentions but all along the way as Tyrion explained in the last episode, she did things as a ways to an end. If you don't agree that's fine but it's all laid out there and eight seasons.

Don't Get me wrong, I liked the character too, she did a lot of good, but never hesitated or had regret for killing large quantities of people when it suited her.
So, you're saying that she was like Hitler, and was all along, and therefore it made perfect sense for this tv show to present that metaphor to us, the viewer? And in doing so the reverse "Hitler started out with the right intentions" , which you just made is supposed to be conveyed also? Wow

Edit. I don't really want to argue this. I just think it was bad for the show writers to make her Hitler. Esp in a show with so many worse ******* rulers.
agsalaska
2008and1
AG
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Why say ten years? I don't recall them ever really quantifying time in this show/world.
They've used the phrase "thousands of years" and "a thousand years" thousands of times.

I guess "10" is the most specific number we've heard. There were lots of other examples of modern dialogue.
gigemJTH12
AG
Redstone said:

(No spoilers, just observations) -

Very glad to see the nudity tampered down. I don't believe hardly any of the last few seasons had N before the opening credits, at least by comparison to earlier seasons.

Wtf is this garbage ass take? Staff please ban this type of crap
BarKeep_03
AG
reb,
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

I'll tell you what I found confusing in the early part was when they were talking about liberating Kings Landing, liberating other cities, etc, and Jon is struggling with his decision, and I was like "Liberate? They killed every mother****er in the place." Does "liberate" mean "kill everyone there"?,because if it does, this is not some laborious, difficult decision.
Theres no point to asking questions or trying to figure out why things happened.

The showrunners simply wanted out of the show and put out a bad product to run out the clock. They'd love if fans did the work of trying to make that garbage make sense, because they didn't even know how.

They should be shot in the gut and be left to bleed out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Finale title is "The Iron Throne".

How is it not "A Dream of Spring"?
reb,
AG
A+
Ragoo
AG
tv1113 said:

I'm pretty sure Drogon would have completed roasted Jon at that point... I mean I would have been pissed if Jon got roasted, but why on earth did Drogon NOT kill him?
because of who Jon is
staticdoor
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

annie88 said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

Uhhh what do you think that was then?
With the Nightwalkers dead there is nothing to watch
chase128
AG
I think Jon is going to lead the free folk back to their home in the North and hang with them. Seems like the nights watch sentence was basically exiling him but it's really something he wants anyway. He's smiling as he leads them too

When he got to castle black it's mostly free folk anyway.

I think the blade of grass in the snow was a nice touch at the end, too.
First Page Last Page
Page 392 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.