****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,899,576 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
jenn96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mporterco07 said:

Actually, a dragon will bond to a new rider after its current rider dies. Dragons live much longer than humans and often had several different riders according to book canon.

Right, I meant one rider at a time if they all are alive. Like would it be feasible for Jon to be able to commandeer Drogan. Probably not; Dani is his mom and she lets him wreck shop way more than Jon would.
annie88
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

You're posting on the wrong board.

You're not even discussing the show, you're just trolling.
How so? I've commented on the show that I liked it, others have said they haven't, What exactly is it that I have said that you think is trolling?

Every post I've put on here tonight has talked about specific items in tonight show.
bangobango
AG
annie88 said:

Silvertaps said:

C@LAg said:

to annie and her ilk.

yes. some of you do need to chill the f out.

This is a discussion forum, If some of us want to rant, we can rant. Just as easily as you tell us to scroll down and skip something we do not like, follow your own suggestions.

You do not like the conversation here, you can always log off.

You've been bi.tching more than anyone on this thread about your displeasure in every episode this season. It's what makes your response to Annie and ilk even more laughable.

It's simple...if you don't like it, turn it off. It's annoying as f*** for you and others to keep running to your computer/phone to tell the world about it.
This.

I'm going to post my thoughts on this show on this thread. If you don't like it, tough *****
double aught
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Woah

This doesn't seem significant to me.
annie88
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I think the sexist claims are because every woman on the show ended up BSC. Some see that as sexist, some see it as truth.
Sansa, Arya and Brienne aren't BSC. Neither was Missande or Olena, Margary or even Catelyn.

Of course most are dead.
annie88
AG
No one has said anything to you.
Bregxit
AG
dlance said:

Anyone seen this? Interview with Ian McElhinney (Barristan Selmy)...not show spoilers or anything FYI...

Ian McElhinney claiming GRRM is done with books 6 and 7, the series is finished and he was waiting until the show is over.
Liquid Wrench
dlance said:

Anyone seen this? Interview with Ian McElhinney (Barristan Selmy)...not show spoilers or anything FYI...

Interassting if true.
annie88
AG
dlance said:

dlance said:

Ian McElhinney claiming GRRM is done with books 6 and 7, the series is finished and he was waiting until the show is over.
Saw that earlier. Wonder how he ends it.
bangobango
AG
annie88 said:

I realize that, but I am not a fan of this season and I am really not a fan of people telling others or myself on a discussion thread that they cannot voice their complaints on this thread.

Start a thread of nothing but positive comments if that's what you want to read. This thread is for the good and the bad.
agrams
AG
does this episode make the bronn arc a dead end? that would be a sad end to that arc
double aught
AG
So what did Davis smuggle? If it was just that little dingy, well that's kinda lame.
TCTTS
AG
jenn96
AG
dlance said:

dlance said:

That seems...unlikely.
Bregxit
AG
TCTTS said:

According to the script, it was snow.
Dad
AG
I've never read the books, half of the first book only, but if that is true I might get the audiobooks and listen to the whole book series just to see in detail how he ends the story.
Twice an Aggie
AG
jenn96 said:

mporterco07 said:

Actually, a dragon will bond to a new rider after its current rider dies. Dragons live much longer than humans and often had several different riders according to book canon.

Right, I meant one rider at a time if they all are alive. Like would it be feasible for Jon to be able to commandeer Drogan. Probably not; Dani is his mom and she lets him wreck shop way more than Jon would.

Yes, but if someone kills Dany he could take over Drogon...
annie88
AG
bangobango said:

annie88 said:

I realize that, but I am not a fan of this season and I am really not a fan of people yelling there on a discussion thread that they cannot voice their complaints on this thread.

Start a thread of nothing but positive comments if that's what you want to read. This thread is for the good and the bad.
I never said people couldn't complain about it, nor do I care whether they hated or not. I said some people were really over the top about it and should maybe calm down as it is a tv show, that's all. Complain all you want. But don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say.

When the show is this popular and people have invested this much in it I realize the emotions can get high either overly positive or overly negative, the truth of the matter is half the people watching this around the world were going to hate the way this ends. Because when you invest yourself and there's so much nothing ever seems good enough.
jenn96
AG
True. I was thinking in terms of neutralizing him if they try to mutiny. I somehow doubt Dani will let anyone near her except maybe Grey Worm.
annie88
AG
dlance said:

TCTTS said:

According to the script, it was snow.
Yeah, I think so too, but guess some want to interpret it as ash now.
Bregxit
AG
jenn96 said:

dlance said:

dlance said:

That seems...unlikely.
It seems like he would be hanging his ass way out there legally with the language he used.

Quote:

George has finished books 6 and 7. And as far as he is concerned, there are only 7 books.
PatAg
AG

Not sure who this person is, but I found his thread of tweets really interesting. Should be a good read for most of us on both sides of the fence on this show.
jenn96
AG
I remember when A Feast For Crows came out and we were assured that Dance with Dragons was "done" and simply needed some editing. Unless they are in the publisher's hands I'm not buying it. I would be ecstatic if it were true.
Bregxit
AG
PatAg said:

Not sure who this person is, but I found his thread of tweets really interesting. Should be a good read for most of us on both sides of the fence on this show.
Quote:

They gave themselves a fixed endpoint - 13 episodes to the finale, and no more - and set about reverse-engineering the rest of the story they wanted to tell.
Here is where they ****ed up. They should have reverse engineered it and THEN determined how many episodes they needed to get there. D&D picked the remaining number of episodes. They were not constrained by anyone but themselves.
Southlake
Damn, Ghost was shut out again...
Bregxit
AG
jenn96 said:

I remember when A Feast For Crows came out and we were assured that Dance with Dragons was "done" and simply needed some editing. Unless they are in the publisher's hands I'm not buying it. I would be ecstatic if it were true.
I am crossing my fingers but not holding my breath. This just seems so direct...like Ian might have let slip a "just between us" secret he and George had.
ccaggie05
AG
dlance said:

dlance said:

That's a pretty bold claim he makes. To add some detail, McElhinney claims GRRM made a deal with HBO to hold back the release of books 6 and 7 until after the show finishes.

I'll believe it when the books are out and available, and until then, I give this about a 1% chance of being true.
TCTTS
AG
That was fantastic. Thanks for posting.
Joseph Parrish
AG
dlance said:

PatAg said:

Quote:

They gave themselves a fixed endpoint - 13 episodes to the finale, and no more - and set about reverse-engineering the rest of the story they wanted to tell.
Here is where they ****ed up. They should have reverse engineered it and THEN determined how many episodes they needed to get there. D&D picked the remaining number of episodes. They were not constrained by anyone but themselves.
And Star Wars...
PatAg
AG
dlance said:

Wow, I think some of us joked about him already having them written..this would be amazing.
Bregxit
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

dlance said:

PatAg said:

Quote:

And Star Wars...
As I said...they were not constrained by anyone but themselves. Instead of properly finishing the best story of all time ever told on television, they sold out to do the ass end of a mediocre Star Wars trilogy that will be panned by SW fans.
Bregxit
AG
PatAg said:

dlance said:

Wow, I think some of us joked about him already having them written..this would be amazing.
Yep, I literally joked with my wife about this two days ago and then this interview bubbled up on Youtube (though it has been there since 4/29).
annie88
AG
If you could've written it, how would you have had it play out? What would you have liked to have seen?

How do you think it will differ in the books? What do you think the author will do?

I'm genuinely asking. I've apparently ruffled some feathers tonight so I'm really not trying to piss you off.
Eliminatus
AG
dlance said:

PatAg said:

dlance said:

Yep, I literally joked with my wife about this two days ago and then this interview bubbled up on Youtube (though it has been there since 4/29).
Yuuuup. Friend and I started joking about this years ago....and then the joking became more and more serious until we had absolutely convinced ourselves months ago.
Bregxit
AG
annie88 said:

If you could've written it, how would you have had it play out? What would you have liked to have seen?

How do you think it will differ in the books? What do you think the author will do?

I'm genuinely asking. I've apparently ruffled some feathers tonight so I'm really not trying to piss you off.
I am not unhappy with it. I just don't like how rushed it feels. I would have liked a season dealing with the NK, then a season wrapping up the quest for the Iron Throne. Something where we could all relish in those juicy bits of conversation and detail like we had early on. The Bran/Tyrion conversation for example. We could have experienced Dany's descent and the intrigue surrounding her causing said descent over more than 20ish minutes.

But so far I am okay with it. The pace just knocks it down a few pegs from what it could have been.
First Page Last Page
Page 326 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.