****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,204 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Dad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think GRRM always intended for her to go mad queen, but I agree with others that it should have happened a little slower and maybe be a little less mad.
InternetFan02
AG
2 nights with the big woman and the prospect of living in the north and Jamie's ready to go right back to Cersei. I like that much better than "no Jamie finally realized how much he hates Cersei and now he must personally kill her"
TCTTS
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
It would have been perfectly reasonable for her to just completely destroy the red keep and Cersei in anger but the step to destroying thousands of innocent lives is a ridiculous leap they made.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

And then there's Euron Greyjoy. The Jar Jar Binks of Games of Thrones.

I think it was you that called him "Pacey the Pirate," still my favorite nickname for him.
Madmarttigan
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Quote:

I think it was you that called him "Pacey the Pirate," still my favorite nickname for him.

Scene between him and Jaime was pretty bad too
jenn96
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Quote:

Yes it was. What a total waste of screen space. So many amazing villains in this show and....him. At least the Sand Snakes were pretty easy on the eyes.
cbr
AG
The point of this is 'game of thrones'.

Sansa is the new baelish/cersi. She stepped onto the wheel.

There are only 2 people outside the game - danarys who wants to break the feudal wheel and be good to common people, and jon who is too stupid to even figure out the wheel is round and turning.

Hell, staring at the end of humanity right in the face didnt even slow up that wheel - the game - for full week.

If jon wins, the wheel will roll over him just like it did ned. Danarys is the only chance to try something different.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Even if they take Dany out there's still the dragon to deal with.

Prediction: Bran finally wargs into Drogon and destroys himself fulfilling the meaning of the line "you will never walk again, but you will fly".
Madmarttigan
AG
Daenerys wasn't playing the game she just nuked it from orbit
Eliminatus
AG
As much as I hated The Long Night, I loved this episode. It is what it is. I only regret one thing. I wanted a close zoom up of Arya's face as she stares over ther devastation. Then she focuses on the lens and whispers, "Danaerys Stormborn". Fade to black, roll creds.
Dro07
AG
If only there was another Targ that he would follow
jenn96
AG
cbr said:

danarys who wants to break the feudal wheel and be good to common people

I guess she had to destroy King's Landing to save it.
cbr
AG
tv1113 said:

It would have been perfectly reasonable for her to just completely destroy the red keep and Cersei in anger but the step to destroying thousands of innocent lives is a ridiculous leap they made.
It would be suicide and out of character. I think they are showing that the wheel is so bad because it burns everyone to dust, with only brief interludes of peace and prosperity when one spoke gets a stronghold. The wheel forced a statement of overwhelming force and dominance. Its going to be a grim ending.
cbr
AG
tv1113 said:

Daenerys wasn't playing the game she just nuked it from orbit
Its the only way to be sure. Lol
cbr
AG
jenn96 said:

cbr said:

danarys who wants to break the feudal wheel and be good to common people

I guess she had to destroy King's Landing to save it.

The other common people....lol
bangobango
AG
I'll post more about this later, but this is what happens when you split between fan service and telling a story. Dany's slip yo mad queen should have been set up a lot better, but they were too busy making her girl power Twitter trending to bother with that.
jenn96
AG
dromo07 said:

If only there was another Targ that he would follow

Has the show made it clear that each dragon only has one rider? The books (and canon like World of Ice and Fire) have, but I don't recall that happening in the show.
jenn96
AG
bangobango said:

I'll post more about this later, but this is what happens when you split between fan service and telling a story. Dany's slip yo mad queen should have been set up a lot better, but they were too busy making her girl power Twitter trending to bother with that.

This is such a good point.
Madmarttigan
AG
bangobango said:

Yeah my issue isn't with her actions it's that they have never even hinted that she was capable of this kind of thing until the last couple of episodes when Tyrion was advising caution.

Even then it was just if Cersei had civilians in the way of the battle. Dany went out of her way to kill thousands and thousands of extra people.

You cannot setup an arc and a fallen character like that in the course of 2 ****ing episodes.
Dro07
AG
Not as of yet
Broba Fett
All the idiots that named their kids Khaleesi or Daenerys or Dany...LOL
Twice an Aggie
AG
Actually, a dragon will bond to a new rider after its current rider dies. Dragons live much longer than humans and often had several different riders according to book canon.
annie88
AG
ccaggie05 said:

I just browsed Twitter and just learned that Game of Thrones is now sexist, misogynistic, xenophobic, and racist based on the last few episodes.

I guess feminists are pissed that they named their daughters Khaleesi.
Any time a woman or a minority is killed the SJWs freak. Remember it's 2019 and men can't ever win at anything anymore. It's bad. Men bad. I remember a few years ago when a gay character on walking dead was killed and everybody said how horrible it was and freaked out. So interesting because all these groups say they just wanna be treated like everyone else and when they are they *****. No they don't, they wanna be treated differently and special.

So just so everyone knows, according to liberals if you kill anybody who's not a white person or especially a white male it's wrong and bad. If you show a female or a gay person as a murderer or in a bad light you're condemning the entire population that's like that saying they're all murderers and crazies. We live in a bull**** world right now.
annie88
AG
Silvertaps said:

C@LAg said:

to annie and her ilk.

yes. some of you do need to chill the f out.

This is a discussion forum, If some of us want to rant, we can rant. Just as easily as you tell us to scroll down and skip something we do not like, follow your own suggestions.

You do not like the conversation here, you can always log off.

You've been bi.tching more than anyone on this thread about your displeasure in every episode this season. It's what makes your response to Annie and ilk even more laughable.

It's simple...if you don't like it, turn it off. It's annoying as f*** for you and others to keep running to your computer/phone to tell the world about it.
This.
Joseph Parrish
AG
tv1113 said:

bangobango said:

Yeah my issue isn't with her actions it's that they have never even hinted that she was capable of this kind of thing until the last couple of episodes when Tyrion was advising caution.

Even then it was just if Cersei had civilians in the way of the battle. Dany went out of her way to kill thousands and thousands of extra people.

You cannot setup an arc and a fallen character like that in the course of 2 ****ing episodes.

These last two seasons were just way too rushed. I wish they'd have been normal length seasons instead of turn characters this quickly. Jamie was onthis antihero arc that turned instantly. I agree, Dany going Mad Queen was probably too sudden in just two episodes.
annie88
AG
JABQ04 said:

wangus12 said:

Trying to make us give a damn about Cersei

It kind of worked I'm ashamed to admit.
God not with me. The entire time I was saying stab her Jamie. I wanted the ***** to die more painfully. I didn't feel sorry for her for one second.
AustinAg2K
I think the sexist claims are because every woman on the show ended up BSC. Some see that as sexist, some see it as truth.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Highs
1) Dany going ballistic. Loved it. She's finally there, in the city where her family was obliterated, everything has gone terrible for lately, and she just cuts loose. Reminded me of the Justice League cartoon episode where Superman tells Doomsday "This is a rare opportunity for me to show you just how powerful I really am." Put a rider on a dragon and he is near unstoppable. If Jon would have ridden Rhaegal to DS, what might have been different?
2) Jon trying to stop the madness and utterly failing. Much like Lord Eddard before him he's now in an inescapable position of his honor being everything against doing the right thing and breaking that vow.
3) Arya calling the Hound Sandor - humanizes them both as the world is about to end.
4) Qyburn's death by the Mountain - straight out of the end of The Black Hole with Maximillian turning on Dr. Zarkov.
5) The dragon blowing out the front gates and slaughtering the Gold Company. Holy hell what a visual.
6) The call back on the Lannisters "it's just us"- You can Hate Cersei, and hate how she died, but she was true to her character and what mattered to her from Episode I to her end.
7) It was daytime! See, people like when they can see what's happening.

Lows
1) Using Drogon to kill Varys. First of all, beforehand does she tell Drogon "OK, now when i say this keyword, you majestically appear in the darkness. And then, shoot an incredibly tight focused laser beam of fire to burn this guy but not the guy standing 3 feet away."
2) First there's no Dothraki left, then last week there's 20, now there's like 100.
3) Tyrion's record of hits and misses as Hand of the Queen is like watching Chris Davis from Baltimore at the plate.
4) Clegane Bowl accomplished nothing. I wish they would have a scene of the Mountain standing up after the drop from the tower and just walking along. Congrats, Sandor, you were amazing at WInterfell, then you willingly jumped into a fireball.
5) This thread during the show: Seriously, the people posting during the broadcast are the worst whiners I've ever seen, and I rotted for the Oilers for 20+ years!
6) Jamie vs. Euron. Could have only been made worse if the Sand Snakes had shown up riding Ice Spiders. Euron swims from a ship to the one spot where the hidden stair case is at the same time Jamie gets there. Jamie then take 2 stab wounds to the chest, can't move for 15 minutes, then walks 9,000 stairs no problem.

Liquid Wrench
You're posting on the wrong board.

You're not even discussing the show, you're just trolling.
Chalupa Batman
AG
PatAg said:

Scientific said:

AustinAg2K said:

Why would anyone support Jon now, too? If there is a 50/50 chance he has a kid who kills millions, why take the chance? Kill them both.

Hes not a product of incest. Explains why he isnt power hungry & crazy. No reason to belive who he chooses as a wife would bear him blonde crazy Targaryian babies.
The thing, is Rhaegar was also the son of the Mad King and he wasn't 'crazy' or power hungry. Also, if this behavior was normal in Targaryen's I don't think he would have the nickname Mad King. We also had Aegon up in Castle Black acting perfectly normal.

It was normal behavior.
"Any time a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin and the world holds its breath."
canadiaggie
AG
I thought the Tyrion/Jaime scene was very touching
Chalupa Batman
AG
cbr said:

hated 4, but loved that one. a few logical fallacies and timing gaffes, but overall really good.

at first i thought danarys and the dragon just attacking the crossbows, with no plan, was stupid, but in hindsight it fits their mindset, (as some others have said).

in the east, timing, destiny, loyalty were all on her side. her people loved her. they were never going to scheme against her. frankly they arent schemers. The unsullied and dothraki will always follow her.

ever since she came to the west, it's been more of the same bull**** 'game.' backstabbing, mischief, betrayal, distrust, hate, stupidity, mistakes, bad advice, murder, taunting, and liars - all of them.

she literally just said: '**** it, it's me, my dragon, and the dothraki/unsullied that love me' --- and **** everyone else.

and the funny thing is -- she's not crazy. she's perfectly rational. in fact, it was the only way for her to survive, much less rule.

Jon is just as moronic as ever.

just kiss the troll jon.

just show her some love, and you could have had a smooth ride to the throne with her. she's telling you she would share it, you can both have a good life. cities need not burn. break the wheel that way. but no, jon says '**** you' queen, and so did every single other person from the west.

Sansa turned herself into Cersi/baelish. **** that *****. She learned all the wrong lessons.

Danarys wasn't crazy to burn that city. That was the most sane thing she could do, other than just ride away back to mereen and forget the whole thing. Even that wasn't an option. You know damned well that the fleet and cersi would have chased here ass back there. Like Cersi said, win or die.

She was right when she said 'fear is all i have here.'

She HAD to burn that city. there was no other choice. They were all just the same lying, thieving, sneering mob that cheered for Ned's head and mocked him in the theater. **** them. The entire culture of the west is ****, and was against her. Look at the Tarlys. They chose to fry over freaking Cersi Lannister.

Basically, she had every right to hate the west. And every right to believe that the only way they'd ever let her live was pure fear. The whole feudal culture was a backstabbing, warring, mischievous culture... just what she wanted to break.

Jon was literally the ONLY person that wasnt scheming against her even as she was saving them, and he was too stupid to rely on for anything.

Like Cersi said, you win or die.

She's lost all her friends and lovers. Her only way to survive is to break the wheel. Her only way to break the wheel is through fear. The only way to drive that point home is to burn that ****ing city and everyone in it. She can make amends by breaking that culture, and treating the common people well, later. Or she could die herself. Easy choice for her.

So She went all in, figured she could move faster than the crossbows, and if she did, she'd win... if she didn't, she'd die. She won.

and now its everyone against the 'mad queen' -- when they left her no choice to begin with. She's not really the crazy one or the bad guy at all IMO.

I hope she fries them all and rules both continents.

But we know that now she's been labeled the 'bad guy' - and it certainly looks like Arya will sneak up on her... or maybe jon stabs her in the back too.

Hell, they even tried to make Cersi a sympathetic figure. Screw that. She and those dishonest ****s all needed to die.

This is the best argument against Dany going mad
Bregxit
AG
Anyone seen this? Interview with Ian McElhinney (Barristan Selmy)...not show spoilers or anything FYI...

annie88
AG
I didn't shut down anything you're welcome to ***** and moan about it all you want I'm just saying that some of you were practically at a wrist-slashing level.

Fine you hated the show you gonna keep posting 17 times about it? Feel free, be my guest. I just found the original comment pretty damn funny considering the person said they're off the bandwagon with one damn show left. Sure let's discuss everything y'all didn't like it, got it great. A lot of us did.

Let it fly...
First Page Last Page
Page 325 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.