****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,531 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

Martin said it and no one listened. It does not have a happy ending.

Bittersweet, is what he said
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Initial impression: awesome episode, I enjoyed it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Memphis 7
No series could have a worse ending than Lost.

GOT: hold my horn
chiken
AG
I killed Jaime Lannister
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Yeah the scorpions ineffective all the sudden.
JJxvi
AG
So who exactly rang the bells and why? Just the sellswords surrendered right? Cersei was still ordering the lannisters to fight
Olsen
AG
Jaime's character development died the moment he left Brienne and Winterfell.
Old Tom Morris
Scorpions had element of surprise going for them and that was about it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!

I know there will be many haters on here of course - and I may not even argue that I'm still processing from a story point of view - but just have to say first that I give them credit for one thing - they did not pull any punches or take the nice easy clean way out. they went full on ballistic Dany.

the ones predicting just massive death at the BOW death at least got their wish now. But what a way to deliver it.

the old Ramsay line of

IF YOU THINK THIS HAS A HAPPY ENDING YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION

is back in a big way.

Production wise before I talk about anything else - wow....stunning vision, scope, destruction, mayhem, humanity, etc.... it was just jaw dropping from that perspective anyway.

Brock Sampson
AG
JJxvi said:

So who exactly rang the bells and why? Just the sellswords surrendered right? Cersei was still ordering the lannisters to fight

Lannister army threw down their weapons in front of Jon and the Unsullied.
P.C. Principal
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Dany going full MQ was expected, but the way it happened really pissed me off. The city was taken. They had surrendered.

Ugh.
Making it clear who the new and final villain is
PatAg
AG
mathguy86 said:

Martin said it and no one listened. It does not have a happy ending.
Where did he say this.
wangus12
AG
Not exactly bittersweet as he said either. At least so far.
PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!

I know there will be many haters on here of course - and I may not even argue that I'm still processing from a story point of view - but just have to say first that I give them credit for one thing - they did not pull any punches or take the nice easy clean way out. they went full on ballistic Dany.

the ones predicting just massive death at the BOW death at least got their wish now. But what a way to deliver it.

the old Ramsay line of

is back in a big way.

Production wise before I talk about anything else - wow....stunning vision, scope, destruction, mayhem, humanity, etc.... it was just jaw dropping from that perspective anyway.

Michael Bay movies have lots of explosions too
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Really feeling bad for Jon and Tyrion now.
WhoopN06
PatAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!

the old Ramsay line of

is back in a big way.

Ouch
I May be the minority but I absolutely loved the episode.
Brock Sampson
AG
Episode was bad ass. Death, dragon fire, and destruction.
Olsen
AG
JJxvi
AG
The annoying thing about Jon Snow is that hes just Ned Stark with no consequences. He even came back from the dead to get a second chance. The story would have made more sense if he was the crazy one after his resurrection
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Tyrion is toast likely. And it sets up for the final confrontation with the Mad Queen.
Old Tom Morris
I admit I was hoping she'd burn it all. And if you step back, you can understand a lot of the reasons of why she's gone the way she did. I get the motivations - playing nice burned her in Essos, everyone in her life has betrayed her, fear is how she sees her way to ruling. But they needed to show us a little more capability of cruelty or madness from her leading up.

The visual was ****ing awesome.
The Dog Lord
AG
wangus12 said:

Not exactly bittersweet as he said either. At least so far.

I could see the book being bittersweet if Dany slowly goes insane because it'll be a loss of a character we have been rooting for the whole time. I guess Jon killing Dany could feel that way as well, but it seems like it may be Arya's kill.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
#1 said:

I May be the minority but I absolutely loved the episode.

You're not.
s13fenton
Cersei died at the hands of her little brother. The Valonqar prophecy was fufilled.
Fenrir
Much like the rest of the season, I like individual moments. I just hate how they fit into the overall show.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

It was not just the explosions. there was art and beauty to it. imho. and suspense and drama and terrible terrible suffering.
JJxvi
AG
Holy ***** This actually does remind me a lot of Pearl Harbor
thepartygoat
AG
All that ash Arya was walking through gave me 9/11 flashbacks....

Great Episode though!
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Really feeling bad for Jon and Tyrion now.
Yeah they're in a tight spot. If I was Jon, I hightail it north, grab my family and head farther north because there if gonna be no stopping pyscho ex-girlfriends.
Brock Sampson
AG
How could you not be entertained by Clegane Bowl?! That was epic!
PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

It was not just the explosions. there was art and beauty to it. imho. and suspense and drama and terrible terrible suffering.
Admittedly a snarky comment, but something being visually beautiful or striking means nothing if it lacks meaning in the story.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
PatAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!

the old Ramsay line of

is back in a big way.

So all shows with explosions are Michael Bay movies now?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Shout out to Varys. He was 100% right. Didn't deserve to die.
JJxvi
AG
First scene of next ep should be Jon Snows quiet murder or execution. Grey Worm shoild have just done it in this battle, he clearly thought enough to wonder what side he was gonna be on in the middle of the battle.

But i guess we know it wont be
First Page Last Page
Page 312 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.