****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,153 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Well, The Princess Bride did also have pirates, a giant, a naive blond princess, poisonings, and of course a clever little man who liked to drink...

Might be on to something here.

"Inconceivable!"

-Zombie John Snow
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
M.C. Swag
AG
here ya go
smokeythebear
AG
Just drop it. Any talk about odds is considered spoiler material.
wangus12
AG
bobinator said:

pete_claw98 said:

As the Mountain knocks the Hound over and raises his sword to kill the Hound...........Arya slits his throat from behind. Saving the Hound and finishing her list.
I'm roughly 100% sure this is going to happen. Arya is going to kill the Mountain to save the Hound.

I'm as sure of that as I am anything else that's about to happen.
If they think randomly killing a Dragon caught some ****, I imagine the internet is going to break if they give Arya another big name kill.

I don't won't her to die, but I wouldn't mind seeing her fail or being soundly beaten. A girl needs some humbling
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
M.C. Swag said:

here ya go
lol. ok. different conversation - and I said nothing of the sort. But you have a long memory apparently. congrats.

THAT had nothing to do with the current discussion. that was back in January for one thing - and i was sincerely asking if you thought leaks affected the odds? The football thing was a quip, sure. At that point Jon had to be considered the prohibitive favorite anyway so I didn't see that as affecting the odds THEN.

Now with confirmed leaks that's a different story and I can't believe they even allow bets really - seems dumb to me but I don't pay attention to them anyway.

But regardless I have not weighed in on this latest debate on the odds.

I thought you might be referring to this:
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2877532/replies/54219730

Quote:

i do hate that things get leaked the surprises of GOT have been the best parts really. But I also get it - I mean they have 1000+ people on production I imagine and some people just can't not say something. Part and parcel of a big popular show I'm afraid. Although I don't really remember LOST or Westworld or The Americans or Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul leaks for example. Maybe there were but I don't recall any on here and I was on all of those show threads.

Leaks are inevitable unfortunately - and likely affect the odds now. But I don't really care about odds. but they should probably be spoiler tagged NOW anyway.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Wouldn't Vegas pull the bet if there is a known leak?
Zeke1995
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Well, The Princess Bride did also have pirates, a giant, a naive blond princess, poisonings, and of course a clever little man who liked to drink...

Might be on to something here.
Rodents of Unusual Size ---> Ice Spiders as large as hounds??
FightinTexasAg15
AG
wangus12 said:

If they think randomly killing a Dragon caught some ****, I imagine the internet is going to break if they give Arya another big name kill.

I don't won't her to die, but I wouldn't mind seeing her fail or being soundly beaten. A girl needs some humbling
Lol here's the problem.

Scenario 1) People get upset that Arya is the one that kills The Mountain when it should have been The Hound

Scenario 2) People will complain that Arya was able to kill the greatest threat to Westeros, but couldn't kill this guy

agsquirrel97
AG
M.C. Swag said:

WestAustinAg said:

Luke Smith said:

Before I post something. Are betting odds considered spoilers?

If you think Vegas odds means you know who won a game.
This is the dumbest comparison that ZJS replied to me with. GoT has a predetermined outcome that is known by at least dozens of people that participated in creating it + whoever they told + whoever has the capacity to steal the information from the previous 2 groups. There isn't a single person alive in the world that knows the predetermined outcome of the Rockets v Warriors game tonight.
Rockets by 4, duh
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
wangus12
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

wangus12 said:

Lol here's the problem.

Scenario 1) People get upset that Arya is the one that kills The Mountain when it should have been The Hound

Scenario 2) People will complain that Arya was able to kill the greatest threat to Westeros, but couldn't kill this guy

And that is because the writing sucks.
gigemJTH12
AG
Shameless plug on something I'm both ashamed and proud of
bobinator
AG
smokeythebear said:

Yea, I didn't read the books but in the show I think they mention him being an expert at poisons. Still I don't recall them showing him using poison on the Mountain or any rules against it. Is it book material that people accused him of cheating? I never got the inclination from the show that anyone thought he cheated.
They definitely mention that he poisoned the Mountain in the show which is why his wounds wouldn't heal.

But it was win/win for Oberyn because either he just flat out killed the mountain in combat so nobody would know, or he was going to die anyway so why would he care if people found out he poisoned him.
bobinator
AG
wangus12 said:

At the same time, there's absolutely no way the Hound should be able to kill the Mountain right? Unless he stabs him in the back or something?
Fenrir
I can see an argument for #2 though. NK just needed a poke from valyrian steel. Not sure how you kill the mountain short of taking his head off and not sure she can manage that.
NC2001
AG
Rumor has it that Aaron Rodgers is set to appear on the next episode of Game of Thrones.

He's probably the guy in line at the newly built Starbucks in King's Landing...
bobinator
AG
I think I've talked myself into thinking we're going to get some kind of cheesy 'they both work together to kill him' thing. Like Arya swoops in and stabs him and he turns around and grabs her and is about to crush her when the Hound takes his head off.
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

wangus12 said:

At the same time, there's absolutely no way the Hound should be able to kill the Mountain right? Unless he stabs him in the back or something?

Depends on how death really affects the Mountain, I guess.

As to can the Hound defeat him in combat? I don't see why not. We have that season 1 scene where the Hound stops him from killing Loras at the tourney. They were going toe to toe.
aggietony2010
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Wouldn't Vegas pull the bet if there is a known leak?

The limits on these are probably low enough that it doesn't matter to them. The few people with leaks will make their bets, and the line will move. If it gets too one-sided they'll eventually pull it, probably while they still have enough vig from the fairly cast bets to cover the losses.
Broba Fett
I see Arya getting cocky and trying to stab the Mountain. He goes for the death blow, and that's how Clegane bowl starts.
bobinator
AG
Yeah... just seems like the Mountain was already better and now he's got some kind of magic zombie strength or whatever.

Just find it hard to believe the Hound is going to best him in single combat.
Fenrir
Is he stronger? I assumed he was just harder to kill now that he is reanimated.
redline248
AG
Hound has a lot of extra practice killing dead things, though.
bobinator
AG
Well Cersei asks if the process 'will weaken him' and Qyburn's response is like smile and a 'oh no.' So I've always kind of assumed he has some kind of extra strength now.

But we haven't really seen him fight anyone as the Mountain right? He ripped a dude's head off, but we haven't seen him really that I can remember.
Brock Sampson
AG
After the way King's Landing treated Ned I hope Dany goes scorched Earth.
jenn96
AG
Hound and Mountain were pretty evenly matched pre-re-animation. The Hound was"better" but Gregor was stronger. Plus it's personal.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Predictions on the title for GOT 72?
bobinator
AG
"Queens Landing"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cleganebowl
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Predictions on the title for GOT 72?
"Poorly written Episode 3"
JABQ04
AG
Battle of Blackwater Bay Part II: Electric Boogaloo
JABQ04
AG
DP

smokeythebear
AG
bobinator said:

Well Cersei asks if the process 'will weaken him' and Qyburn's response is like smile and a 'oh no.' So I've always kind of assumed he has some kind of extra strength now.

But we haven't really seen him fight anyone as the Mountain right? He ripped a dude's head off, but we haven't seen him really that I can remember.
I believe he is stronger and now doesn't feel pain (takes a spiked mace to the chest without flinching), but I'm not convinced he is as fast and agile as when he was in tip top fighting shape.
chase128
AG
*airhorn*
*airhorn*
*airhorn*
Icecream_Ag
S
smokeythebear said:

bobinator said:

I believe he is stronger and now doesn't feel pain (takes a spiked mace to the chest without flinching), but I'm not convinced he is as fast and agile as when he was in tip top fighting shape.
one of the things that made him so dangerous was he was extremely quick for a guy that big. I think now he's all strength
bobinator
AG
He could be even quicker than before for all we know.
First Page Last Page
Page 304 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.