****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,102 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

I think this depends on perspective. Some might say walking into a raging fire in the belief of hatching 3 dragons is a little cu-ckoo. After that, she's done similar things bc, as Tyrion says, can you blame her for believing it is destiny?

As far as doing anything really crazy? I asked that question earlier this morning and no one came up with anything legitimate.

Ruthless? Yes, you're damn right. Crazy? I don't see it, but maybe there is some bias involved.
It's been so long ago, but I thought she walked into that fire basically as a means for killing herself after having lost her husband and his tribe?
Broba Fett
Burn them all. If you are so dumb you blindly follow Cersei you deserve what you get. Dany should have listened to Olenna
aTmAg
AG
BowSowy said:

redline248 said:

I think this depends on perspective. Some might say walking into a raging fire in the belief of hatching 3 dragons is a little cu-ckoo. After that, she's done similar things bc, as Tyrion says, can you blame her for believing it is destiny?

As far as doing anything really crazy? I asked that question earlier this morning and no one came up with anything legitimate.

Ruthless? Yes, you're damn right. Crazy? I don't see it, but maybe there is some bias involved.
It's been so long ago, but I thought she walked into that fire basically as a means for killing herself after having lost her husband and his tribe?
She knew she wouldn't burn up. She'd tested it before.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
CFTXAG10
AG
I don't view Dany in a "mad queen" way even though she has committed some acts that would lead you to believe she has those tendencies in her. I think it is a mistake to say that her end game is just the throne without clarifying that she has always wanted to make things better for the seven kingdoms. She knows in order to do that she will need the throne, and then she can put the right people in charge. Has she had to be ruthless at times? Of course, but she learned quickly that people would try to take advantage of her inexperience.

I am leaning towards her not being able to pull the trigger on killing all the innocent men, women, and children at KL in episode 5, but she will tear that a** up when it comes to Euron's fleet, the Golden Company, etc. - my guess is Cersei uses wildfire to blow that **** up when she realizes she is near defeat
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248 said:

I mean killing the former slave in Mereen was a pretty bad look.

Crucifying the masters? Maybe justified, but again, kind of a bad look.

But again, nothing wildly crazy. She always listened to her advisors, hence her suppressing what may have been much worse tendencies.
jtstanley4621
AG
So I've thought about it, and here's what I want to happen:

-Dany goes to distract Euron and the iron fleet with Drogon. She says she'll fly out of range but close enough to entice them, Euron's on his ship and sees her coming out in the distance. He goes to the bigass crossbow, and takes aim. Suddenly the water right in front of the ships explodes upwards. Rhaegal is back, but this time as a water dragon somehow. What is dead may never die. Jon and the remaining Dothraki flank them from behind with ships.

-They then storm the **** out of King's Landing. Cersei barricades herself in the red keep. Showdown between Greyworm and the Mountain at the doors of the keep. Greyworm dies, but weakens the mountain a bit. Hound comes in, finishes the job but is mortally wounded. Arya comes to his side as he's dying and slits his throat. One name down.

-Jamie is back in the red keep and ends up having to fight Brienne, who bursts through the doors. Cersei still has him all ****ed up in the head. He has a change of heart mid-fight and lets his guard down momentarily and gets stabbed, likely mortally. Brienne rushes to his side and helps him up. Lannister men burst in and Jamie tells Brienne to run deeper into the keep, he'll fend them off. We cut to more fighting around the city.

-Brienne goes deeper, and arrives in the throne room with Cersei, Jamie bleeding in tow. It looks like he's survived. Brienne dumps him on the floor. Cersei rushes to him. But wait, game of faces, mother****er. It's Arya. Jamie died. Arya stabs her with the night king killer knife and Brienne take turns chopping Cersei to bits. It's a gratuitously violent scene that lasts for much longer than it maybe should. Episode over.
redline248
AG
BowSowy said:

redline248 said:

She had zero intention of dying in that fire
ac04
dany has been an annoying child since about the time she had her brother's head melted off.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

I think it is a mistake to say that her end game is just the throne without clarifying that she has always wanted to make things better for the seven kingdoms. She knows in order to do that she will need the throne, and then she can put the right people in charge.
Do we know for sure that she really wants to make things better?

You could make an argument that she wants the throne at all costs, and had learned to convinced others (and maybe even herself) that she would be better than those that came before her.

But really, it's just about getting that throne that she feels so desperately entitled to.

(Obviously, now that Cersei is on the throne, this is true. But before her, things weren't so clear cut.)
bobinator
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I am leaning towards her not being able to pull the trigger on killing all the innocent men, women, and children at KL in episode 5.
I don't see how she has a choice now.

Even if she's like 'fine, we're not going to attack, we're just going to blockade King's Landing" then those people on the inside would starve to death.
Broba Fett
Bunk Moreland said:

redline248 said:

Things are pretty simple.

Jon and Dany are the show's protagonists. Cersei and Night King are/were the antagonists.

It does amaze me how the show has made so many viewers dislike one of their protagonists, and I don't even think they meant to do it. They kind of suck at this whole storytelling thing.

Skyler is the worst!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In fact, if Dany REALLY cares about making things better, then she would probably abdicate the throne to Jon, who has more support and almost unquestionably would be a better ruler than her. (And who in fact has the better claim.)
bobinator
AG
I've been kind of workshopping a theory that her goal was never to win the Iron Throne for herself, but to make sure that nobody sits on it. The 'break the wheel' thing would seem to indicate that as well.

But she doesn't think anyone will go along with that unless she's in charge first and makes them go along with it.

Has kind of a French revolution feel to it where she might have some kind of idea of civil liberties and democracy for everyone but she has to kill all of the old guard first and to do that is going to require her taking power.
Fenrir
Yeah it seems to me she started out wanting the throne as her birthright but has used the people's champion angle to get support.

I don't think she is mad king levels but I don't know that she cares about the people anymore than any other normal monarch either. They are just a base of her power.
CFTXAG10
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

I think it is a mistake to say that her end game is just the throne without clarifying that she has always wanted to make things better for the seven kingdoms. She knows in order to do that she will need the throne, and then she can put the right people in charge.

You could make an argument that she just wants the throne at all costs, and had convinced others (and maybe even herself) that she would be better than those that came before her. But really, it's all about that throne that she feels so desperately entitled to.

(Obviously, now that Cersei is on the throne, this is true. But before her, things weren't so clear cut.)
I can absolutely see where that POV comes from too, and I actually like that about her character. Hard to predict. Up to the viewer to decide.
CFTXAG10
AG
bobinator said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I am leaning towards her not being able to pull the trigger on killing all the innocent men, women, and children at KL in episode 5.

Even if she's like 'fine, we're not going to attack, we're just going to blockade King's Landing" then those people on the inside would starve to death.
This has been racking my brain a bit because Im trying to figure out how she can get to Cersei and co. without doing it, and you might be right that she cannot
cbr
AG
Broba Fett said:

Bunk Moreland said:

redline248 said:

Jon and Dany are the show's protagonists. Cersei and Night King are/were the antagonists.

It does amaze me how the show has made so many viewers dislike one of their protagonists, and I don't even think they meant to do it. They kind of suck at this whole storytelling thing.

Skyler is the worst!

Aaaack! That gif would stifle many a potential poposal. Just imagine if she had a dragon.
redline248
AG
Quote:

This is one of those things that usually needs some sort of exposition to make us question. She's always done what she thought was going to make lives better, at least for slaves/common folk. She definitely feels the throne is hers by right, but she really does want things to be better.

Her dad was a crazy fcker that terrorized his subjects, Robert wasted and neglected everything and put the Crown in debt, and Cersei is just like Aerys. Dany knows all this and really wants to be better.
CFTXAG10
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

So I've thought about it, and here's what I want to happen:

-Dany goes to distract Euron and the iron fleet with Drogon. She says she'll fly out of range but close enough to entice them, Euron's on his ship and sees her coming out in the distance. He goes to the bigass crossbow, and takes aim. Suddenly the water right in front of the ships explodes upwards. Rhaegal is back, but this time as a water dragon somehow. What is dead may never die. Jon and the remaining Dothraki flank them from behind with ships.

Im still holding out hope that Yara is the one to take out Euron's fleet and kill his a**
bangobango
AG
I do not see how you can say Dany has never cared for others. She's done some pretty amazing things to end slavery and help the common people before coming to the seven kingdoms.

I think she may be losing her way in her thirst for the throne, but she hasn't always been that way.
pete_claw98
AG
I thought they could have used Rhageal better than just getting killed.

If Dany is standing there with Drogon and Rhageal. She wants him to fly off with her and Drogon, but he refuses and goes to Jon.

She would have lost one of her dragons, but in a "I'm turning my back on you" way. Talk about causing a rift between her and Jon. That also would have been a way to spread the truth about Jon without Sansa betraying him.

Thoughts?
combat wombat™
AG
Have y'all discussed this theory? I've lost the will/ability to keep up with this thread.

Fourth, wild dragon roaming around out there??

Tyrion & Jorah saw a dragon in Valeria. Some folks say it was Drogon and other say it was not.
InternetFan02
AG
Did the meereense knot ruin Daeny's dreams of breaking the wheel? After drogon had to rescue her from the pits did she give up on it, and now just gives lip service to it?
Southlake
Main thing I'm wondering from the preview:

What did Euron look up and see that had him so bewildered?
bonfarr
AG
The show isn't making Dany out to be the Mad King they are showing her turn into Stannis Barratheon, blind ambition with a succeed by any means necessary mindset. She will win and gain the throne but everyone she loved and cared about will die on her way there.

Jorah, Melisandei, Barrister, Grey Worm, and her dragons will all be dead. Daario would be wise to show up in King's Landing after the battle.

Snow is going to leave her in disgust and head north of the Wall and meet up with Ghost and just wander the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
redline248 said:

If Dany is the final winner; rewatching this show will suck. Watching her puddle around Essos for 6 seasons as the final show winner? NO THANKS.

However rewatching Jon Snow's ascension 2-3 more times over the next 15-20 years is definitely worthy.

If HBO wants to maximize the number of people rewatching and re-binging this show for years - Jon sits the Iron Throne in the end.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Southlake said:

Maybe it was a helicopter

redline248
AG
Episode IV said:

redline248 said:

If Dany is the final winner; rewatching this show will suck. Watching her puddle around Essos for 6 seasons as the final show winner? NO THANKS.

However rewatching Jon Snow's ascension 2-3 more times over the next 15-20 years is definitely worthy.

If HBO wants to maximize the number of people rewatching and re-binging this show for years - Jon sits the Iron Throne in the end.
I don't totally disagree with this, but some of the most iconic scenes from the show are Daenerys, and took place in Essos.
bobinator
AG
Man... that scene really kind of takes on a different meaning if you watch Jorah. The first time I saw it I was watching Tyrion so I didn't notice, but Jorah's face definitely isn't a 'oh that's just Drogon' face... (Go to 3:35)

combat wombat™
AG
Have we discussed the chances of Gendry sitting on the Iron Throne?

Cersei must dies.
Dany goes Mad Queen and is killed.
Jon doesn't want it. Sansa just wants the North.
Gendry is now the only living heir of Robert Baratheon...
wannaggie
bobinator said:

CFTXAG10 said:

This notion that besieging or attacking medieval castles is done with surgical precision and the peasants just stand around in the courtyard haggling over pig knuckle soup while the soldiers slay each other, and when the dust clears the price of bread briefly goes up because some of the peasants can now move up the economic ladder into recently vacated positions.... LOL

Y'all really think any king in history said to his men, "We must protect the beggars and weavers at all costs, for what is my kingdom worth if I cannot protect flea-bitten hoors and minstrels! They will all be safely ensconced in the royal treasury vaults while we fight and die on the battlements to save the city for The People. To arms, men of the realm! To arrrrrms!"
BarKeep_03
AG
Southlake said:

InternetFan02
AG
Assuming Varys betrays Daeny...what is it that he can do in the short term?

Seems like he needs her to take the throne first and then work behind the scenes to have to lords of Westeros support Jon's claim. That's not happening in 2 episodes.
redline248
AG
combat wombat said:

Have y'all discussed this theory? I've lost the will/ability to keep up with this thread.

Fourth, wild dragon roaming around out there??

Tyrion & Jorah saw a dragon in Valeria. Some folks say it was Drogon and other say it was not.
I always thought it was Drogon flying around, b/c at that time Dany chained the other 2 beneath the pyramid and Drogon basically bolted to do his own thing.

This image from the show's new intro is the most intriguing, to me.
First Page Last Page
Page 280 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.