****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,210 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WestAustinAg said:

aTmAg said:

I think this show is planting seeds of "mad queen" in order to surprise us. They've done it before. Such as the seeds that Arya was going to kill Sansa at the behest of Littlefinger and then they suprise-kill him instead. They also planted the seeds of a Jon vs NK Rocky match, but Arya killed him instead.

I think Dany redeems herself in some way and either dies (and give the throne to Jon) or gains the throne in a way where she is universally accepted and liked.
This feels like hopecasting...
I've already said that it would suck if they go the "mad queen" route. So yeah, I hope show doesn't suck.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
City Dumme said:

Do we know if the dog can ride the dragon?
Better question: can the dragon ride the dog?
cbr
AG
cbr said:

Danaris never did anything moronic like showing up inneffectively in front of a castle with a lame proposal everyone knows wont be accepted. Perhaps there is another trick up her sleeve.

Serious question - the crossbows ruined her primary advantage, but linchpin of her success was always turning the poor against the rulers. Thats how she conquered. Not the dragons. (They certainly helped)

Why didnt she (or did she? We just havent seen yet) use cersi's arrogance and infiltrate kl with poor spies/saboteurs/deliver a message to kl like she did before;

'I have conquered 3 cities. No one was slaughtered or raped. Everyone is better off except the corrupt rich and powerful, and those soldiers who failed to bend the knee. Your queen is evil and hates you, as your king before him. Rise up against them and prosper'

Cersi knows the banks. She knows the citys tunnels and secrets. She knows armies. She doesnt know her own people, other than as a mob she looks down upon.

Pretty good mission for onion knight and gendry, varys' spy network, and some 'poor people' from conquered cities to testify.

****, i thought there were 8 episodes. Are there only 6? **** theres a lot happening in under 3 hours.
InternetFan02
AG
She should burn Varys for treason and then burn Tyrion for knowing about the treason and not doing anything. Then send for Dario to bring a red priestess and the second sons over. Assuming yara hasn't already picked them up.

Tyrion is still on a losing streak and definitely now can't be trusted to destroy his own family. He's a liability at this point.

"Dany kind of forgot about the iron fleet and her advisors kind of uh also forgot about the iron fleet as they're cruising into dragonstaone"
bonfarr
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Urban Ag said:

Dany should swing by the Citadel and have them make 10,000 flyers warning the people of KL that they must leave the city or risk fiery death. Drop them over the city from Drogon. Give it 24 hours. Then she can sleep well at night because, you know, hey I warned you.
Instead of flyers make them petitions to remove Cersei from office.

The peasants in Flea Bottom can't read you have to drop leaflets with cartoons on them like we dropped on Iraq.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

****, i thought there were 8 episodes. Are there only 6? **** theres a lot happening in under 3 hours.

Seriously? Yes, they only have 2 episodes left to fit all of our theories into.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
WestAustinAg said:

bearamedic99 said:

If Dany gets the Mad Queen label, that would be a failure on the writers part. She did a better job of keeping it together after Missi was killed than Jon did when Rickon got shafted. Poor Dany, she did things right when she killed the slavers and masters as a conquerer but as she tries for Westeros, her advisors keep failing her. She intends violent ends while trying less violent means per her advisors. She is running out of troops and dragons while her enemies strengthen.

It would be an awesome ending if Dany and Jon die while Cersei lives.
This is weird. I mean you seem to be trying to put the writers into a box that they just won't be put into. They have clearly written her story arc in a way that shows she is going mad for power. 3 seconds after Arya saves the day she is berating Gendry for his unknown father's actions and she is back in Jon's room trying to threaten him into keeping her less substantial claim on the thrown a secret. She is mad.

Why would anyone doubt this? Because they like her character or her looks? Come on.

And for those saying she's not like her dad...she is exactly like her dad. He killed those Starks because they questioned him. He didn't want to be usurped...so he was willing to kill them and the entire citadel.

she literally legitimized Gendry- and you call it berating????

She was 100% forgiving there and saying he wasn't his father and she rewarded him for it.

She may be angry about the losses - and her advisors poor decisions in some cases - that doesn't make her "mad" like her father.

She gave the Tarly's every opportunity to bend the knee too. Sometimes you have to follow through.
BowSowy
AG
wannaggie said:

Judging Cersei as an insane genocidal psychopath is easy by the Social Justice metrics of comparing people to our enlightened Earth 21st century moral standards. But in a feudal system, people are merely extensions of their ruler, in whom is vested the power, that's what it means to be a royal subject. Cersei is actually pretty average in the history of Westeros.
It's weird to me the mental gymnastics you're going through to explain away the explosion at the septum. I'd also point to her using the citizens of KL as a pawn with Dany. Putting them inside the Red Keep knowing there's a high likelihood they're sitting ducks for a dragon and a pissed of Dany is not something a "not bad" ruler does.
smokeythebear
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Swag...you have some decent points and you are far more knowledgeable about this whole thing than most of us, but you need to get a grip and realize what you're doing. You're way over the top now Watching and waiting for what you can criticize next. You literally just broke that down like it's the worst thing to ever be recorded on TV.

To many, many people, this season has probably been the most disappointing season of television ever. So much buildup for so little payoff.
"If you thought this season had a believably realistic ending, you haven't been paying attention"

- Ramsay... probably
BowSowy
AG
nm
smokeythebear
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

WestAustinAg said:

You idiots have ruined this entire thread. It use to be fun. Then egos and hurt feelings started popping up as the series comes to its end.

This has happened every season for the past 3 on this thread.
Does anyone else remember the week after Arya was stabbed in the stomach by the Waif and *GHASP* survived!

Man, that was the TexAgs GOT thread version of "The program is voting for Bama". It's not like the show just now started doing rather unrealistic things. Recency bias is definitely at play.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Show finale:

Rhaegal impregnated Drogon before it's death. New eggs are hatched at Dragonstone.

GOT 2.0 on it's way.
redline248
AG
Things are pretty simple.

Jon and Dany are the show's protagonists. Cersei and Night King are/were the antagonists.

It does amaze me how the show has made so many viewers dislike one of their protagonists, and I don't even think they meant to do it. They kind of suck at this whole storytelling thing.
Icecream_Ag
S
BowSowy said:

wannaggie said:

Judging Cersei as an insane genocidal psychopath is easy by the Social Justice metrics of comparing people to our enlightened Earth 21st century moral standards. But in a feudal system, people are merely extensions of their ruler, in whom is vested the power, that's what it means to be a royal subject. Cersei is actually pretty average in the history of Westeros.
It's weird to me the mental gymnastics you're going through to explain away the explosion at the septum. I'd also point to her using the citizens of KL as a pawn with Dany. Putting them inside the Red Keep knowing there's a high likelihood they're sitting ducks for a dragon and a pissed of Dany is not something a "not bad" ruler does.
Dany is an evil mad queen for killing those that wish her harm.
Cersie is perfectly within her rights to kill those that wish her harm. - same people
aTmAg
AG
smokeythebear said:

Bunk Moreland said:

WestAustinAg said:

You idiots have ruined this entire thread. It use to be fun. Then egos and hurt feelings started popping up as the series comes to its end.

This has happened every season for the past 3 on this thread.
Does anyone else remember the week after Arya was stabbed in the stomach by the Waif and *GHASP* survived!

Man, that was the TexAgs GOT thread version of "The program is voting for Bama". It's not like the show just now started doing rather unrealistic things. Recency bias is definitely at play.
Don't insult the show like that. Not even "Cop Rock" voted for Obama. That would require a whole different level of stupidity.

(Doh... I read Obama.. not Bama.. oops)
redline248
AG
WestAustinAg said:

bearamedic99 said:

If Dany gets the Mad Queen label, that would be a failure on the writers part. She did a better job of keeping it together after Missi was killed than Jon did when Rickon got shafted. Poor Dany, she did things right when she killed the slavers and masters as a conquerer but as she tries for Westeros, her advisors keep failing her. She intends violent ends while trying less violent means per her advisors. She is running out of troops and dragons while her enemies strengthen.

It would be an awesome ending if Dany and Jon die while Cersei lives.
This is weird. I mean you seem to be trying to put the writers into a box that they just won't be put into. They have clearly written her story arc in a way that shows she is going mad for power. 3 seconds after Arya saves the day she is berating Gendry for his unknown father's actions and she is back in Jon's room trying to threaten him into keeping her less substantial claim on the thrown a secret. She is mad.

Why would anyone doubt this? Because they like her character or her looks? Come on.

And for those saying she's not like her dad...she is exactly like her dad. He killed those Starks because they questioned him. He didn't want to be usurped...so he was willing to kill them and the entire citadel.

This is so terribly incorrect
Bunk Moreland
redline248 said:

Things are pretty simple.

Jon and Dany are the show's protagonists. Cersei and Night King are/were the antagonists.

It does amaze me how the show has made so many viewers dislike one of their protagonists, and I don't even think they meant to do it. They kind of suck at this whole storytelling thing.

Skyler is the worst!

HtownAg92
AG
I do find it strange that Dany really goes after people based on their family history and holds them accountable, but ignores her own. There was a good one on the imgur recaps about the Starks telling her "Hey, your dad burned our uncle and grandfather alive, so you might want to let this one slide."
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bobinator
AG

You're just wrong here. You said there's nothing to suggest she's a genocidal maniac, yet she committed a very blatant act of genocide (wiping out an entire religious group) that resulted in the deaths of THOUSANDS of innocent people.

She didn't just kill the people in the sept, she killed everyone in the whole area with absolutely no regard for innocent lives. We see the bell crushing innocent people, and the explosion rippled out pretty far from just the Sept itself. It's not like she just poisoned the faith militant like Arya did with the Freys. She blew up a holy temple in the middle of a crowded city with absolutely no regard for the lives of her own people.

That's the difference in what she did and what the others did/have done. This wasn't attack against another people, these were ostensibly her people, in her city. And it wasn't an assassination, or a targeted strike, or it wasn't like she was trying to only get a select few people and something went wrong. This was the plan.

Now, have there been other rulers that have done horrible stuff, sure, in the past.

So for #1, it doesn't matter what other people have done. Your premise is whether her winning would be any worse for the people than any of the others winning, and she is CLEARLY worse than everyone else in contention here.

She's a genocidal maniac even by the standards of this time.
redline248
AG
Is that a Heroes reference? Otherwise I'm at a loss
redline248
AG
I was watching again this morning and going "where's the cup? Did they take it out? Haha they took it out!"
Bunk Moreland
redline248 said:

Is that a Heroes reference? Otherwise I'm at a loss

Chase
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

she literally legitimized Gendry- and you call it berating????

She was 100% forgiving there and saying he wasn't his father and she rewarded him for it.

She may be angry about the losses - and her advisors poor decisions in some cases - that doesn't make her "mad" like her father.

She gave the Tarly's every opportunity to bend the knee too. Sometimes you have to follow through.

That wasn't forgiveness...that was 100% scheming.

1 - People were not paying attention to her and she wanted to remind that only the person that rules can make someone a Lord.

2 - She needs people on this side of the world that owe allegiance to her.
n_touch
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've actually been debating this with a friend.

Do y'all think Dany has always had mad queen tendencies, but she was able to [mostly] suppress them?

Or is that only creeping in now that she's getting closer and closer to losing everything?
tk for tu juan
How many llamas were sacked after removing the cup?
StringerBell
AG
i think she's had a one track mind which is that she's the rightful and only heir to the throne. she's the only one who can break the wheel

but then she finds out about jon and realizes that this entire time she might have been living a lie and trying to reconcile that and figure out what to do next is driving her mad.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
C@LAg said:

One of the few good things this season has been taken from us.

The cup has been removed.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/hbo-edits-game-of-thrones-coffee-cup-1203207545/
The infamous coffee cup has been digitally removed, and will no longer appear on either of the network's two streaming platforms or any future releases.

I prefer the original!

bobinator
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Do y'all think Dany has always had mad queen tendencies, but she was able to [mostly] suppress them?

Or is that only creeping in now that she's getting closer and closer to losing everything?
I don't think it's 'mad queen' tendencies.

I think she's (rightfully) extremely frustrated with how things have played out, and how many people have died, when she probably should have just taken a dragon, dropped down onto the red keep and burned the place to the ground as soon as she arrived in Westeros.

And now that's not really an option. She's now backed into a corner where she's going to probably have to risk thousands of innocent lives to get what she wants.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
I think this depends on perspective. Some might say walking into a raging fire in the belief of hatching 3 dragons is a little cu-ckoo. After that, she's done similar things bc, as Tyrion says, can you blame her for believing it is destiny?

As far as doing anything really crazy? I asked that question earlier this morning and no one came up with anything legitimate.

Ruthless? Yes, you're damn right. Crazy? I don't see it, but maybe there is some bias involved.
aTmAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Or that she doesn't have them at all, and that if the show suddenly springs that on her, then it would be out of character and lame.
jenn96
AG
I think we can safely assume that the laws of physics will not apply to any of the scorpions as it pertains to firing angle, reversing, reloading, range or accuracy. So any discussion about battle tactics will need to recognize that fact. Frankly, the only real tactical assessment by the writers will be "does this look badass?"

I imagine that Varys knows the tunnels/ingress into the Red Keep pretty well, if they try to sneak in.

As for Rhaegel being alive, that seems unlikely.
First Page Last Page
Page 279 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.