****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,556 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yep, really enjoyed the first third and last third of the episode. Both had me on the "edge of the seat" and entertained. The tracking shot of the Dothraki riding with flaming weapons as fireballs were flying overhead was awesome. One other cool aspects of the episode is we see Arya looked scared for the first time in awhile, losing her eyesight may be the last time she panicked. It was her first actual large battle and had a moment of being a situation she couldn't control.
tk for tu juan
The green haired girl at the Burlington Bar is always good to watch. She swings from crying to cheering back to crying every episode. Would be a handful to date, but good for front row of a bar reaction channel (even if slightly acting)
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
lots of people panicked at different times - I think that was a universal message. it was so overwhelming to them all. understandably.

Sam - obviously
Hound - panicked partly at the fire but generally just thought it was over
Grey worm - looked really frazzled there for a bit
Arya - as mentioned
Davos - looked panicked at times too
Jon and Dany - a little panicked at times in the airborns fight and then Dany for sure when the wights were jumping on Drogon.
Sansa and Tyrion - scared as **** and hiding but then made a break for it
the rest of the crypt people - of course

very few seemed to never panic - Jorah and Beric come to mind. I'm not sure Brienne and Jamie panicked but they were frantic and going nuts. Theon was a boss but he was determined and knew his fate. And Melisandre but she's bat **** crazy so. And Bran but..... well he's Bran.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Brienne is swarmed and crying out in pain at least 3-4 times. My guess is they kept her so Cersei could kill her, but she should have died here. Same with Grey Worm and probably Tormund.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Gendry?
The Dog Lord
AG
AustinAg2K said:

For those wondering how they take on Cersei after nearly everyone died, one thing this show has been consistent on is if you need and army, you can get an army. It wouldn't surprise me if they've got a ton of people next week like nothing happened. Already from the preview it looks like more people survived than originally implied.

Dany naively believed for a long time that "the people" would rise up and fight for their true ruler once she returned. What if they actually did. Most armies are decimated at this point, but the Tully and Dornish armies could help. Whoever is still alive could add to it, although they wouldn't be an actual army that would likely be able to take on the GC. In the end, the GC probably needs to see the writing on the walls that they don't want to go up against dragons. They might also see Dany as a better option for Westeros since many of their members are Westerosi, and they were founded by the ******* branch of the Targaryens (Blackfyres).
double aught
AG
chris1515 said:

Also, did no one think to make some arrowheads out of Valyrian steel?
This comment makes me think of when Marty tells Doc "We just need some plutonium. NBD."

Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Dany naively believed for a long time that "the people" would rise up and fight for their true ruler once she returned.
There's a good scene, somewhere in Season 7 maybe, when she says people had told her and her brother that since they were children and he was foolish enough to believe.

I've just been wondering if there's any chance the Iron Bank flips sides to give Dany some extra forces.

And the boats in the preview for next week with Targ sigils - are those Yara's Ironborn boats with new sails, or something else?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Two ways I see Cersei's death happening. In order of likelihood and how I hope it happens:

1) Arya. She'll have to go through the mountain first though. Then she'll cross two more off her list.

2) Jamie. If Cersei kills Brienne then Jamie kills Cersei.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

PUTOOOOO

PUTOOOOOOO
DannyDuberstein
AG
Arya got her signature kill. I think it has to be Jamie. Just hoping the ending doesn't end up too tidy.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Regarding the GC it's highly possible that as soon as the dragons make their first passes breathing fire and decimating them they just lay down their weapons.

They are sell swords. Gold is only good if you're alive to spend it. Lack of honor with sell swords has been discussed multiple times in the show.
JABQ04
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Regarding the GC it's highly possible that as soon as the dragons make their first passes breathing fire and decimating them they just lay down their weapons.

They are sell swords. Gold is only good if you're alive to spend it. Lack of honor with sell swords has been discussed multiple times in the show.

But supposedly the GC has never reneged on a contract. So we'll see....
MosesHallRAB04
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Arya got her signature kill. I think it has to be Jamie. Just hoping the ending doesn't end up too tidy.

Jamie or Tyrion makes sense. I'm just a big Arya fan. She still has Cersei,the mountain and illyn Payne that I i can remember but doesn't have to kill them all.

It'll be a total nut punch if the mountain kills Arya. When she went blind in the books I was pissed and the thought to just stop reading briefly entered my mind.
LB12Diamond
AG
I agree, doubt its Arya since she killed the night king.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone have a better kill resume than Arya?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I did clarify that's how I want it to happen.
redline248
AG
Tully and Dornish armies have been written out of the show. I will be surprised if either of them make a return to the scene.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Without going through it, Jon has to be up there.

2 White Walkers against her 1 Night King
Liquid Wrench
I figured Dorne is probably nothing but chaos and incest at this point.

Daario Naharis is about the only other wildcard I could think of to show up with some unexpected reinforcements. But I'm not sure how much he was left with.
aggietony2010
AG
JABQ04 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

Yep. And the crypts are the safest place in Winterfell.
redline248
AG
Daario was a sell sword before he met Dany, right? He's probably perfectly happy ruling Mereen. The thought of him infiltrating the Golden Company crossed my mind, same as I thought could be possible with Melisandre. In the end, I doubt to see him.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Oh and if the mountain does kill Arya I can guarantee you the hound is there to witness it. And then that kicks off clegane bowl which the hound would win.

That might be more likely but would suck. Arya is awesome.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

yeah but....

she killed another trained assassin and some other mid major characters

and her kill count stands at 65 currently:

12 before the Freys - stable boy, the tickler, ser amory lorch, frey soldier after red wedding, lannister soldier at the inn, poliver, rorge, ser meryn trant, the waif, lothar frey and black walder rivers offscreen, walder frey

At House Frey - 51 more Freys

Littlefinger

Night King

and another maybe 100,000 as a result of the last one.

Hard to beat that,

According to this video - I have not watched all of it, Jon had 106 kills before last night.

redline248
AG
Oh, here's something that was discussed a bit last night or this morning for a while and I wanted to throw in a thought.

The idea of Dany not being able to have children. I always kind of figured Jon's "you ever consider that witch was lying" line could come back into play. Hell, she could be prego already.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
nope nobody has ever though that.
redline248
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

redline248 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

yeah but....

she killed another trained assassin and some other mid major characters

and her kill count stands at 65 currently:

12 before the Freys - stable boy, the tickler, ser amory lorch, frey soldier after red wedding, lannister soldier at the inn, poliver, rorge, ser meryn trant, the waif, lothar frey and black walder rivers offscreen, walder frey

At House Frey - 51 more Freys

Littlefinger

Night King

and another maybe 100,000 as a result of the last one.

Hard to beat that,
If we're giving her the count b/c of all the Frey's that were poisoned, Jon has to have some big numbers from raking Wildlings off the Wall. Plus, the Thenn, Quorrin Halfhand, that mutineer Karl, numerous Boltons/Umbers...

Plus Janos Slynt
double aught
AG
redline248 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

He killed one at Hardhome. I can't remember the other.
redline248
AG
Lol, I didn't say no one ever thought of it. Just no one brought it up in the recent posts since last night. Or, not many did, anyway.
redline248
AG
double aught said:

redline248 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

He killed one at Hardhome. I can't remember the other.
When they went on the wight catching expedition.
JABQ04
AG
aggietony2010 said:

JABQ04 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

Yep. And the crypts are the safest place in Winterfell.

But they haven't pointed out how trustworthy the GC is 37 times. I think they'll honor the contract. If good guys said "they've never backed out of a contract" over and over then they would
The Dog Lord
AG
One huge issue I have with this episode is the wig (assuming it's a wig) used by Tyrion's stunt double.

https://i.imgur.com/fMZOqjd.mp4
rhutton125
AG
Yeah, what the hell was that! I thought it was a furry toddler or something. Bizarre.
mazzag
AG
I wonder if the intro will change again?
AustinAg2K
The Dog Lord said:

AustinAg2K said:

For those wondering how they take on Cersei after nearly everyone died, one thing this show has been consistent on is if you need and army, you can get an army. It wouldn't surprise me if they've got a ton of people next week like nothing happened. Already from the preview it looks like more people survived than originally implied.

Dany naively believed for a long time that "the people" would rise up and fight for their true ruler once she returned. What if they actually did. Most armies are decimated at this point, but the Tully and Dornish armies could help. Whoever is still alive could add to it, although they wouldn't be an actual army that would likely be able to take on the GC. In the end, the GC probably needs to see the writing on the walls that they don't want to go up against dragons. They might also see Dany as a better option for Westeros since many of their members are Westerosi, and they were founded by the ******* branch of the Targaryens (Blackfyres).
Honestly, that's kind of what I expect to happen. Once it gets out that Dany and Jon saved the entire kingdom from an army of the dead, while Cersei refused to help, it seems like all seven kingdoms will rise up against her.
First Page Last Page
Page 197 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.